Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Andrast posted:

I wish hyper light drifter was even half as good as Bloodborne

I wish most games in general were even half as good as Bloodborne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KingSlime posted:

i thought we etablished your poo poo taste in games tho

Hmm

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Hyper Light's map made me feel confused and scared.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm actually glad I like lots of different games, if that counts as having poo poo taste then welp, guilty as charged

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Dwengy, no kidding, some games make you realize how crappy the standards have been for the industry for a loooooong time. I only have a few hours to play games every other night, why waste my precious happy fun relax time on mediocre media ya know

E: Sakura I jested but seriously having a case of "everything sucks" is pretty common after playing from soft games, I'd love if you could point me to equally rich and challenging experiences. Not perfect games by any means but what else compares on PS4?

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 20, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IUKvE1Utj8

its super generic, not only is the gameplay completely different but the distinctive art style is gone too.

Is that sword wielder guy supposed to be Weiss?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

KingSlime posted:

Dwengy, no kidding, some games make you realize how crappy the standards have been for the industry for a loooooong time. I only have a few hours to play games every other night, why waste my precious happy fun relax time on mediocre media ya know

E: Sakura I jested but seriously having a case of "everything sucks" is pretty common after playing from soft games, I'd love if you could point me to equally rich and challenging experiences. Not perfect games by any means but what else compares on PS4?

EDF! EDF!

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

the man with the dragon quest account name is going to go around judging what is a good game for the benefit of all of us :confused:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KingSlime posted:

Honestly probably none? I mean BB is top five games of all time material so it's going to be hard to compare anything to it, it just didn't ruin other games for me or anything, I still enjoy the same things after playing it as I did before.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Is that sword wielder guy supposed to be Weiss?

None of the old characters are in it.

KingSlime posted:

E: Sakura I jested but seriously having a case of "everything sucks" is pretty common after playing from soft games

That's true, that is what I think after playing most of their games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dragon quest is good.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I too was cynical of videogames after playing the masterful oeuvre that is Bloodborne™, until I discovered Solbrain.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

zolthorg posted:

the man with the dragon quest account name is going to go around judging what is a good game for the benefit of all of us :confused:

Oh dragon quest, a decades old franchise that breaks sales record after sales record and continues to be a darling in Japan, despite the (relative) lack of giant Anime titz

I am hyped as gently caress for DQ builders and I ain't talking about no build it yourself frozen dessert treat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There are no games worth playing, throw out your PS4

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

KingSlime posted:

I am hyped as gently caress for DQ builders and I ain't talking about no build it yourself frozen dessert treat
drat, now i want some DQ builders, i'm starvin

we got any ice cream back there?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

There are no games worth playing, chop off your hands

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

KingSlime posted:

Knack was the earliest and closest Souls-like on the PS4.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Honestly probably none? I mean BB is top five games of all time material so it's going to be hard to compare anything to it, it just didn't ruin other games for me or anything, I still enjoy the same things after playing it as I did before.

yea people that say that souls games make other games worse are insane, and I say that having bought several of those games multiple times. it's pretty much never actually true either, just idiots being smug about beating a game they heard was hard

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im just gonna say it, the difficulity of souls games is tremendously overstated

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah dude from soft games aren't all that hard. Makes me think you just haven't been exposed to a lot of good games.

They're a fun challenge like Mega Man and Castlevania, and they absolutely ooze atmosphere (like those 2 franchises)

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ahem.. Rocket League.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have no desire to play the slow floaty lovely combat in lords of the fallen when i can just play a good fromsoft game, for example

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Davincie posted:

I'd agree with you but exempt the BB DLC.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Knack was the earliest and closest Souls-like on the PS4.

Knack saved video games, I agree.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Bloodborne is probably worth a replay just for the HDR.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

a cop posted:

Ahem.. Rocket League.

Not a bad game but have you ever played it on PC? No way I'd play the console port.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ufarn posted:

Bloodborne is probably worth a replay

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

Yeah dude from soft games aren't all that hard.

Maybe not Souls, but some Silent Line and Last Raven missions are designed to push any player past their limits.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've kinda been in the mood to play an AC type game and they're on sale right now so what's better: Black Flag or Syndicate? Also is the dlc worth a drat in either?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

ufarn posted:

Best part of bb is posting about it.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

axleblaze posted:

I've kinda been in the mood to play an AC type game and they're on sale right now so what's better: Black Flag or Syndicate? Also is the dlc worth a drat in either?

Syndicate is pretty good (a big improvement over Unity) and closer to the AC2 lineup in terms of gameplay, but Black Flag is way, way better overall. I think the DLC is pretty forgettable.

PhyrexianLibrarian fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 20, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ufarn posted:

Isn't HDR most noticable with bright lights and colors though? Bloodborne doesn't have a lot of those.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

axleblaze posted:

Can't vouch for either DLC but I'd say Syndicate over Black Flag if you're more interested in parkour stabbytimes, and the inverse if you want to engage in boat combat and listen to sea shanties. Syndicate is more "traditional AC" fare.

Also I enabled 2FA and my goddamn PS3 woke me up at 4am with a text because it wanted to upload my saves :argh: I don't want to shut that off but I guess I'll need to update the time it wakes up to do it.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Tomba has ruined all other games for me since 1998.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RatHat posted:

Isn't HDR most noticable with bright lights and colors though? Bloodborne doesn't have a lot of those.

No its most noticeable on brighter screens though so maybe thats the confusion. Like the higher the luminosity of the display the more colors of dark or anything really you can show with hdr so bb would look better. A lot of so called hdr tvs now on the cheaper end dont have high enough luminosity to actually show you real hdr.

The problem with bb in hdr is the like 5 frames of display lag hdr causes on most sets unless you specifically look for low lag

Tv shopping kinda sucks

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Davincie posted:

you're right

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah display lag would be a problem when playing a game like Bloodborne.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

5 frames isnt gonna kill your bb experience but hurthling is a fighting game weirdo so its more important for him

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I disagree, Bloodborne dodges can get very precise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the hitboxes in bloodborne are really good so yea you can do some pretty cool looking dodges

• Locked thread