Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

McDragon posted:

also Waranmo was a fucker, I seem to recall. oakleyman and him, and some big gently caress-off dog-shaped brick shithouse

All Waranmo ever did for me was try and fail to eat bananas. It was the fire breathing cat that hosed me up right good. I miss this game tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

All Waranmo ever did for me was try and fail to eat bananas. It was the fire breathing cat that hosed me up right good. I miss this game tbh.

Same, it's my favorite game ever and I think I lost my disc of it :(

EDIT: Nevermind found it, guess it's time for a replay :D

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 20, 2016

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

A toucan pokemon would make sense this gen, seems at least plausible to be true.

This is a good thing you have done.

New page, new unpopular opinion: The ONLY downsides to getting Moon are WereShadow and UB-Beauty. Yes I am aware Gumshoos is Sun exclusive. Faticate is in fact better.

Also holy poo poo Oranguru is my dude.

Oh but if Robinhoot isn't the Moon version of Rowlet I will kill myself irl.

wtf

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

HoneyBoy posted:

The genies are good

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The genies are ugly, but powerful.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's ability is unique and seems really good, a free substitute (altho it doesn't block statuses) means it will at least always be able to set-up something if it needs too

guess it all depends on it's movepool, i have a feeling it's stats will be kinda low

it has really good typing too, 3 good immunities and only 2 weaknesses

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

The genies are ugly, but powerful.

I can relate

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Well to be fair it's not like it takes much to be better than Gumshoos.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's a t-shirt pokemon with a cute toucan on it.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

It's an alolan Doduo. It has only one head.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

PSWII60 posted:

???

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I am pretty sure Oranguru is my new favorite pokemon

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

I am pretty sure Oranguru is my new favorite pokemon

Yes. I was dead set on Sun but fuckkkk

vvvvv yes yes mr. smartypants

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 20, 2016

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If only there were some way to transfer pokemon from one game to another. Maybe with the help of a friend.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Zore posted:

I'm just not sure who to give up???

Type: Null since it belongs to Gladion.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Crosspeice posted:

I've updated the OP with all the new info. I've also listed version exclusives and cleaned up a few sections. The hype train just keeps rolling.

:siren: SUN EXCLUSIVE :siren:

Solgaleo, Lycanroc (Midday Form), Passimian, UB02 Absorption

:siren: MOON EXCLUSIVE :siren:

Lunala, Lycanroc (Midnight Form), Oranguru, UB02 Beauty

I knew someone was going to say that, this is why I need to turn my monitor on.

wtf why are you describing Team Skull like they're pirates

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

M-m-mods?!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

PSWII60 posted:

Until today, I'd never hired a hitman before.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Cerony posted:

wtf why are you describing Team Skull like they're pirates

Because it's your boy Guzma.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

Until today, I'd never hired a hitman before.

Gumshoos would not approve of this course of action.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

My ultimate Monkeying Around team

Primeape
Ambipom
Infernape
Darmanitan
Slaking
Oranguru

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Harlock posted:

My ultimate Monkeying Around team

Primeape
Ambipom
Infernape
Darmanitan
Slaking
Oranguru

I can't help but notice you've left out passiminian, who is a primate, but kept in slaking, who is a loving sloth

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I can't help but notice you've left out passiminian, who is a proto-simian, but kept in slaking, who is a loving sloth
Slaking is a sloth and an ape

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Harlock posted:

Slaking is a sloth and an ape

I'll accept this until we get an actual gorilla that isn't darmanitan

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

What bothers me about the genies is that the tail coming out of the clouds just loops around front and... awkwardly hangs there. It looks like it should go back in the front of the cloud and form a sash or something. Also the fact they're loving identical but old news.

I guess someone had to absorb the leftover bad after they made all of Gen V incredibly good. :colbert:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
How did the genies happen? Like he made one, went to have it approved and they're like "great now make two more" and he took it literally?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I just noticed that today we got both King Louie and King Julien. Looking forward to building a full royalty team (one generation too late)

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

cancerianmoth posted:

I know baton pass isn't used in doubles often if ever, but couldn't it work with eevee? Have the other pokemon use follow me. If the pokemon survives bring in a boosted rugby lemur, steal the ability, bring in the last partner and sweep? I don't get to play doubles so I don't know.

I'm pretty set on moon? I like rugby lemur but I can always trade for it. I usually don't end up using version exclusives anyway, so I just like moon stuff. It would also make sense to have version exclusive final evolutions. I mean, GF should do it to just change it up. Next gen they'll do stone evos for the final forms. haha

It could work, but Doubles is very fast paced and as soon as that became a staple there'd be a counterplay of Taunt. Either Taunt the Follow Me pokemon (Who now can't use Follow Me again) or taunt the Eevee (who is no longer protected by Follow Me after that turn, and now can't use Baton Pass).

It's novel and it's neat and it'll probably rip like RU tiers apart, and it's definitely cute and good and fun, but competitive wise it won't be that bad.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

How did the genies happen? Like he made one, went to have it approved and they're like "great now make two more" and he took it literally?

they wanted a legendary trilogy and they hewed a little bit too close to the "similar design aesthetic" that trilogies tend to have

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Classtoise posted:

It's novel and it's neat and it'll probably rip like RU tiers apart,

didn't smogon already ban baton passing multiple stat boosts?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Brother Entropy posted:

Was that it? I thought it was a ban of multiple baton passers on the same team.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Brother Entropy posted:

They banned multiple baton passers on one team and passing speed plus anything else. So you can pass speed or attack/sp. Attack/def/sp. Def

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zore posted:

They banned multiple baton passers on one team and passing speed plus anything else. So you can pass speed or attack/sp. Attack/def/sp. Def

oh okay, could've sworn it was multiple speed boosts period but i haven't paid too much attention to gen 6 singles meta

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Zore posted:

It's not like Haze or Topsy Turvy or other moves that gently caress with stat boosts don't exist

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's not like Haze or Topsy Turvy or other moves that gently caress with stat boosts don't exist

Good luck living long enough to use em.

Baton Pass is a degenerate move honestly. A lot of pokemon are roughly balanced around what kind of stat boosters they have in their movepool (Garchomp getting Swords Dance and not Dragon Dance is like the Ur-example here). And with a lot of good speed boost Baton Passers this gen (Scolipede most notably) it gets a little ridiculous.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zore posted:

....is a degenerate move honestly.

Can I find more quality posts like this on your Alt Right Blogosphere presence?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Can I find more quality posts like this on your Alt Right Blogosphere presence?

...what?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I cannot think of anything I hate in this world more than calling a Pokemon move "degenerate".

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
Smogon rules are bad anyway (biggest problem for me is their banning of a lot of things except stealth rock). BUT before anyone chimes in- I don't care. I don't use their rules. When I battle friends we usually just put a BST limit and try to have gimmicky af teams. Like my all cat team. Another suggestion I heard was having a team total BST so that you can have the amount of pokemon on your team as the budget allows. So if you want all legendaries, fine but you'll end up with fewer pokemon than your opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

cancerianmoth posted:

Smogon rules are bad anyway (biggest problem for me is their banning of a lot of things except stealth rock). BUT before anyone chimes in- I don't care. I don't use their rules. When I battle friends we usually just put a BST limit and try to have gimmicky af teams. Like my all cat team. Another suggestion I heard was having a team total BST so that you can have the amount of pokemon on your team as the budget allows. So if you want all legendaries, fine but you'll end up with fewer pokemon than your opponent.

I feel like going by BST gives some pokemon a huge advantage over others though. Pokemon with good stat allocation (Scizor for example) are worth less than things like Goodra, Metagross or Hydreigon. Or more blatantly Articuno, Moltres or Entei.

Like I get banning or limiting Legendaries but ability, movepool and typing play a huge role in what pokemon are good and bad.