Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Simian_Prime posted:

You forgot the other Brooke archetype: Obtuse Weirdo in Glasses who Claims to Be an Alien

I thought he was an alien.

Like, he melted once because he was an alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

He's gently caress that dog.

At least it's not miscegenation. I'm so sick of these bleeding hearts trying to normalize the abomination of dog/rabbit marriage. I should write a letter to the editor in protest.

It's All Right Chief Dharma

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SomeMathGuy posted:

Pearls Before Swine

This joke only works if it's written. Get your poo poo together, Pastis.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Wanamingo posted:

This joke only works if it's written. Get your poo poo together, Pastis.

I'm wondering what purpose lingerie could serve if they're always naked all the time anyway.

quote:

Nancy

...But even Pastis' terrible puns are better than this. What the hell is this. Yes, literally, I know it's a Muppets reference, but who exactly is this supposed to appeal to? There isn't even anything remotely resembling a joke here.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

Pearls Before Swine
Both sleeping and awake, lingerie.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Some Guy TT posted:

...But even Pastis' terrible puns are better than this. What the hell is this. Yes, literally, I know it's a Muppets reference, but who exactly is this supposed to appeal to? There isn't even anything remotely resembling a joke here.

Julet Esqu posted:

"HEY, DID YOU GUYS KNOW I WORKED ON MUPPET BABIES? BECAUSE I DID. I WORKED THE HECK OUT OF ON MUPPET BABIES." -Guy Gilchrist

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Ginger Meggs

Ginger Meggs

Henry

Kliban

Lockhorns

Marmaduke

Moose and Molly

Office Hours

Reply All

Ziggy

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Daring, but I admire the artistic decision to end the strip with Ziggy starving to death because even his appliances have developed a seething passive aggressive hatred of him.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Wow. Even aside from the comic just being "hey, muppets", is that Camilla's head on a plate?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CaptainCaveman posted:

Wow. Even aside from the comic just being "hey, muppets", is that Camilla's head on a plate?

Oh gently caress YOU Gilchrist!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Woah wait, a Tinkerson being nice and helpful? Stop the presses!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I didn't realized Ames had any other children besides the smaller clone of himself.

quote:

Ella Cinders

"I'm terribly uncomfortable. Help! Ogeegosh! :)"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Woah wait, a Tinkerson being nice and helpful? Stop the presses!

False alarm

He's just looking for an excuse to escape from his lovely job. He will gently caress up the shopping trip and only buy a full case of bacon flavored chewing gum and a baguette (to stick out the top of a paper bag since he lives in a comic strip)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Trent posted:

False alarm

He's just looking for an excuse to escape from his lovely job. He will gently caress up the shopping trip and only buy a full case of bacon flavored chewing gum and a baguette (to stick out the top of a paper bag since he lives in a comic strip)

I hope you're right, otherwise something's very wrong with the universe.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Some Guy TT posted:

At least it's not miscegenation. I'm so sick of these bleeding hearts trying to normalize the abomination of dog/rabbit marriage. I should write a letter to the editor in protest.
That's a bear/rabbit marriage. The dog Plugger is married to the chicken Plugger.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

quote:

Well, the right-hand outfit is something Luann might wear at her own wedding, and Pru might wear some leather stuff like Bettie Page, who she resembles.
^
For any newcomers who think that I’m just dreaming up a prurient possibility out of thin air, please note that just last fall, Pru explicitly disclosed to Luann and Bernice that she’s a lesbian. That was just at the time of Luann’s breakup with Quill, and Luann hasn’t since showed much interest in finding another guy. She did, however, become very enamored with Pru, even if in just a platonic sense as the “big sister she never had”. Shortly after that, Luann and Bernice went to New York and met some of Pru’s friends – mostly gay.
^
The Evanses may never take it beyond this, but I felt it was a deliberate tease about possibilities. Who knows?

quote:

Mikeyj said, 1 day ago
Pru needs to get a grease pencil, and draw herself some eyebrows, she always looks surprised :p

quote:

IamJayBluE said, 1 day ago
“A Sketchy Person”
“Is There A Draft In Here?”
“Crackers For Dia-grams”
“Picture This”
“Figures!”
“Journey Out Of The Center Of The Earth”
“Attention Surplus”
“Where To Draw The Line”
“Indecent Proposal”
“Risque Management”
“Bride? What Bride?”
“Your Outline Is Out -Of -Line”
“Material Wtness”
“When It Rains Ideas, It Portraits Itself!”
or
“Roughing It’

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, 1 day ago
@seismic-2
“Will Toni have any other bridemaids?”

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, about 24 hours ago
Prudence – “Luann, I had NO Idea that You Knew How to Sew!”
Luann – “I Don’t. But I KNOW Someone who DOES! My Old and Lately Neglected Pal, Gunther! I’ll Just Seductively Saunter Up to Him Whilst Cooing Sweetly: ‘Oh Gunthie? Can You do me a big, Big, Favor?’ I’ll then squeeze His bicep with a, ‘Oooooo, MUSCLE!’ then hand Him My Dress Design as I bury My Head into His Sunken Chest while saying: ‘Can You make THIS for Me Pretty Please???’ And after He Predictably Agrees, I’ll Gush, Declare Him to be a ‘Sweetie,’ and Give Him a Very Passionate Kiss!”
“….., And After He Finishes, I’ll Promptly DUMP Him…..,”

fort knox

Flying Mccoys

Dustin

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Skippy (July 24, 1929)

Peanuts (September 24, 1969)

Franklin settles into his true destiny as a background player alongside Roy and Jose Peterson. Such is life in a mid-century American comic strip.

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 8-9, 1929)

Thimble Theater (April 10, 1930)

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Not gonna lie, I got a big grin on my face when it was revealed who his temp secretary was.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Why would they need a research assistant on a movie that has enough footage and information out there that someone could piece the plot together based on it?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Alterian posted:

Why would they need a research assistant on a movie that has enough footage and information out there that someone could piece the plot together based on it?

Maybe he's researching for DMCA takedowns? :shrug:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Alterian posted:

This isn't going to be just one movie, there's a whole Starbuck Jones-verse to cinematize.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

It was only a verbal agreement. It's not enforceable.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Comic Strip Megathread 10-2: If you want to punch goons, WE WILL punch goons

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Now this movie can be a flop in two markets!

9 Chickweed Lane

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Aardmania posted:

Heathcliff

Someone haven't watched Ghostbusters.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (August 29, 1951)

Nancy (October 13, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (June 26, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (July 11, 1923)

Barney Google (July 12, 1922)

Alley Oop (October 11, 1933)

Lil' Abner (March 10, 1937)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft
God, gently caress off Batiuk.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man those luann commenters are the saddest collection of perverts weirdos and losers since the something awful forums

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Dial ... tone?..." -- 2016

And I suppose Modesty using the phrase "crusader against the ungodly" is a nod to Leslie Charteris's The Saint books.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Well this is not at all weird or creepy.
Dammit, I've heard of Disney suing schools for having a Winnie the Pooh mural why are they letting Gilchrist get away with this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_QSy1xphEU

Again, just in case someone wants to listen to the song in Zippy.
This is my favorite one of these in a while.

F Minus

I remember that movie: Wild Pants Can't Be Broken

Mary Worth

Tommy's not being entirely honest here. I don't know if that's part of the story arc or what.

Rex Morgan MD

Women crave Rex's essence, but he denies it of them.

Secret Agent X-9

I don't know what "Lead number is...?" means.

Apartment 3-G

Wesley's walking around the city, rejecting possible suicide sites. "Jump off the bridge? Nah, too cliche. Jump in the harbor? Nah, that would take too long."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Johnny Walker posted:

Secret Agent X-9

"Hmm, maybe I should have checked both shoes!"
   /
:saddowns:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ces posted this on facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHY_bYdkL8Q

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Okay now I feel it's safe to say there's racist tones in 9CL.

OMG I forgot much I missed Lovecraft Marmaduke edits.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Ces is a treasure.

Why am I not following him on Facebook already? I mean, I'm already following Stephen Pastis and Charles Boyce.

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member posted:

Prudence – “Luann, I had NO Idea that You Knew How to Sew!”
Luann – “I Don’t. But I KNOW Someone who DOES! My Old and Lately Neglected Pal, Gunther! I’ll Just Seductively Saunter Up to Him Whilst Cooing Sweetly: ‘Oh Gunthie? Can You do me a big, Big, Favor?’ I’ll then squeeze His bicep with a, ‘Oooooo, MUSCLE!’ then hand Him My Dress Design as I bury My Head into His Sunken Chest while saying: ‘Can You make THIS for Me Pretty Please???’ And after He Predictably Agrees, I’ll Gush, Declare Him to be a ‘Sweetie,’ and Give Him a Very Passionate Kiss!”
“….., And After He Finishes, I’ll Promptly DUMP Him…..,”

Luann

SONOFABITCH

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Pogo (September 15-17, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Five (May 30-June 1, 1955)

• Locked thread