Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mors Rattus posted:

What's that you say?

Thopters?

Let me tell you about thopters.

Have we got thopters?

Thopters like you've never dreamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

z0glin Warchief posted:

A round of applause for Aki★Eda! It's a shame more of her stuff isn't translated, though that's something I intend to fix (very, very slowly :negative:).

You're doing god's work and I look forward to the day we get more Loves Shines again

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Urza made the best Thopters. :colbert:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Control is a deck of answers to the problem of your opponent doing anything. IRL, they have the problem of relative slowness to aggro or even midrange (mix of aggro and control) which will pump out a faster rate of problems than the control deck has solutions. The only caveat is that eventually aggro decks run out of steam. There's a fixed amount of problems an aggro deck can ever generate and the larger the range of problems, the fewer at each turn they could possibly generate. Basically, an aggro deck needs to race the opposing deck down before it runs out of steam or the opponent can generate enough answers.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Glagha posted:

It's really only Japanese players that do it regularly though.

It happens in NOrth America at majors because of the size of the crowds. Locals not so much but it depends on your venue.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Just read the MtG manga thingy and as someone who has bought exactly one deck like a decade ago (seventh edition iirc, i remember some horus-like flying artifact(?) creature was the poster boy), and has maybe played two matches total ever with that investment, i can say

It's good. Thanks for the translation.

Also, fueling your incredibly bullshit megagambit-reversal insta-win by discarding the exact card your opponent was trying to bait out of you is some insanely styling poo poo. You can't tell me she doesn't have at least a little bit of repressed passion for the game she believes to hate due to immense emotional baggage.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, she enjoys the game. Specifically she likes to play it the way Roman is, with silly fun combo decks. She just doesn't like the permission playstyle, plus all the emotional poo poo that it brings back.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Afterwards, I found this weird thingy and i have no idea where it's going. Doesn't seem like it's been mentioned here, either.
Why do i post about it? I've actually had the chance to drink some Asahi beer last week when i went to some sushi place. Yeah i know... low hanging fruit. It's probably the most standard japanese beer you can get outside of Japan. Actually, the place only had Asahi and Kirin beer (i wouldn't have remembered the names if the hadn't shown up as the first two mentions in there) so they're probably the, i dunno, Budweiser of Japanese beers.

I got the Asahi and it was.... trash not very impressive. But i'm probably spoiled in that regard since i live in a country that produces upwards of 7000 different beers, with 1200+ of those just in the state i live in.

Next time i'll try Kirin.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Ah, yeah, praise be to Zoglin for that - he's posted it in the chat thread, but not here yet methinks.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Huh, who knew 'girls who drink' was a genre.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mors Rattus posted:

Huh, who knew 'girls who drink' was a genre.

We should all be glad of it.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

HenryEx posted:

Afterwards, I found this weird thingy and i have no idea where it's going. Doesn't seem like it's been mentioned here, either.
Why do i post about it? I've actually had the chance to drink some Asahi beer last week when i went to some sushi place. Yeah i know... low hanging fruit. It's probably the most standard japanese beer you can get outside of Japan. Actually, the place only had Asahi and Kirin beer (i wouldn't have remembered the names if the hadn't shown up as the first two mentions in there) so they're probably the, i dunno, Budweiser of Japanese beers.

I got the Asahi and it was.... trash not very impressive. But i'm probably spoiled in that regard since i live in a country that produces upwards of 7000 different beers, with 1200+ of those just in the state i live in.

Oh yeah sorry, I posted about it in the chat thread but forgot to put it here. It's short and fun so I'm planning to put up a page/chapter a day.

HenryEx posted:

It's probably the most standard japanese beer you can get outside of Japan.

Probably the most standard Japanese beer you can get inside Japan, too. Not that Japanese beers have much variety to begin with :( (though this is slowly changing, thank god).

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I've had some of Hitachino Nest craft beer and its really good, especially the XH. Like $10 a bottle though oof. Also the owl logo is adorable.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Fellis posted:

I've had some of Hitachino Nest craft beer and its really good, especially the XH. Like $10 a bottle though oof. Also the owl logo is adorable.

hitachino is the only "good" japanese brewery I can ever recall coming across. and it is good, but in my opinion it doesn't live up to the hype or the price tag. the logo is sick though

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

HenryEx posted:

Please translate all manga with girls drinking zoglin

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

HenryEx posted:

kirin > asahi, imo

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Japan makes some okay whiskies. That's the limit of my asian alcohol knowledge.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
The Hitachino logo, for those who haven't seen it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

Japan makes some okay whiskies. That's the limit of my asian alcohol knowledge.

Also, have you tried Suntory's Hibiki? It's better than okay.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The quality of Japanese whiskey is literally down to a single man who fell in love with Scotland and decided to try to make Scottish whiskey in Japan after going to Scotland, getting married and training under Scottish brewers.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Anime bless his soul.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Also, have you tried Suntory's Hibiki? It's better than okay.

I have, but I don't think it's worth the asking price. Same with Yamazaki now that the price seems to have gone up so much from a few years ago.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Mors Rattus posted:

The quality of Japanese whiskey is literally down to a single man who fell in love with Scotland and decided to try to make Scottish whiskey in Japan after going to Scotland, getting married and training under Scottish brewers.

Sounds like a cooking manga antagonist

Although a cooking battle with 12-year single malts would take awhile i guess

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fellis posted:

Sounds like a cooking manga antagonist

Although a cooking battle with 12-year single malts would take awhile i guess

Still move faster than most shounen.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I'm a terrible person with horrible impulse control :(

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

syke i'm even worse than you thought, i did two chapters of this :negative:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's pretty chill and I'd like to see where it goes, if nothing else, so thanks.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Second panel, shouldn't it be "or did I say a little too much"?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ah, the Kuzushiro manga about the girl living with her widowed sister in law..

God bless.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It combines 2 of the greatest joys in life - idol games and Kuzushiro.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Droyer posted:

Second panel, shouldn't it be "or did I say a little too much"?

yes :(

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This is good.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

zoglin, when is the taco chapter of drinking girls??????

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

it's not in volume 2, so... it'll be awhile :(

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

that's ok. i will wait for it

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

z0glin Warchief posted:

the real drinking girls starts here

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

So there is plenty more drinking girls to come....excellent

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i love tacos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

tacos y cervezas...

:guinness: :taco: