Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nah Don King is allowed to say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i'm very curious exactly what he said, haha

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

No one's going to raise torches over a black guy dropping the n-bomb.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

vyelkin posted:

The question was not "Some things in the Bible are literally true", the question was "The Bible is the literal word of God and without error" which is pretty transparent.

The point is the people answering "maybe" or just an agree rather than strongly agree were likely to mean "i think some parts of the bible are literally true".

Take a look at this survey from 2011:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/148427/say-bible-literally.aspx

The people who claim to themselves believe the bible is fully and literally true have been consistently around 30% since the early 90s. The largest response by far for nearly the whole history of the survey is "inspired by god" believed by about half of respondents as of the 2011 point.

interestingly when you dig into the breakdowns by subgroups, the only subgroup that professes majority belief that it's the literal word of god is weekly church attenders, and then only 54%. (For reference, other gallup polls in a similar time frame determined that the amount of Americans who attend church weekly is about 38%)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/778563584888627200

hmmmmmm

e: Turns out Lewandowski was being paid by Trump, separate from severance, through his time at CNN http://www.mediaite.com/online/breaking-corey-lewandowski-suspended-by-cnn/

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/LibyaLiberty/status/778446189347819520

I'm becoming an accelerationist.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

computer parts posted:

I legitimately think that by 2020 we'll be all but official in opening back up to Cuba. It's an issue that gives Hispanic Cred™ to the GOP without really affecting anything in the US and the historically most vocal opposition are so old that they just want to see Havana one last time before they die.

Except Obama started it so it's poison to the GOP base.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

emdash posted:

hmmmmmm

e: Turns out Lewandowski was being paid by Trump, separate from severance, through his time at CNN http://www.mediaite.com/online/breaking-corey-lewandowski-suspended-by-cnn/

Is PredictWise or 538 typically more accurate? I'm not interested in unskewing, but which model is functionally more accurate...or is that the wrong question?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Yeah Trump already said that if elected he'd close off Cuba again.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cythereal posted:

Trump already said he wants to undo the relationship building with Cuba.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Oxxidation posted:

No one's going to raise torches over a black guy dropping the n-bomb.

Except when Larry Wilmore said it to Obama, you mean.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Cthulhumatic posted:

Is PredictWise or 538 typically more accurate? I'm not interested in unskewing, but which model is functionally more accurate...or is that the wrong question?

I actually don't know either way. The reason I posted it is that Silver's PTSD from the primaries has been an ongoing topic of discussion in these threads

e: a little more in-depth: Silver is worried that they are making the "same mistake" as the primaries/Brexit. But how do you quantify that mistake? There is a chance that he is compensating too aggressively. We'll only know after Nov 8th of course

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cythereal posted:

I doubt in a year people will remember Obama started it regardless of who wins in 2016.

That might even be a positive if they go the whole "man [previous Dem President] was willing to compromise, [new Dem president] is so evil by comparison" route.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

emdash posted:

I actually don't know either way. The reason I posted it is that Silver's PTSD from the primaries has been an ongoing topic of discussion in these threads

He does seem like a guy who is terrified of being burned again.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah Trump already said that if elected he'd close off Cuba again.

Precisely my point, yes. Supporting normalization of relations with Cuba would be an easy grab for the GOP and easy Hispanic and Florida points, but Obama started it so that well is thoroughly poisoned for the GOP.

As a Floridian, I don't know whether I love or hate how that works.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cthulhumatic posted:

He does seem like a guy who is terrified of being burned again.

If Trump ends up winning the last thing Nate Silver should be concerned with is "oops I should have been more bullish on a Trump victory, I sure look foolish now!"

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Radish posted:

If Trump ends up winning the last thing Nate Silver should be concerned with is "oops I should have been more bullish on a Trump victory, I sure look foolish now!"

I don't think that will happen, as he is the most bullish on Trump of any aggregator save for the completely delusional

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

computer parts posted:

That might even be a positive if they go the whole "man [previous Dem President] was willing to compromise, [new Dem president] is so evil by comparison" route.

They were always going to do this so they can refocus all of right-wing America's bile and outrage on Hillary once Obama is safely out of the picture. Right now there's still a black man in the White House so the GOP's hatred is still divided.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

emdash posted:

I don't think that will happen, as he is the most bullish on Trump of any aggregator save for the completely delusional

Yeah I mean if the reason he's being bullish on Trump is because he doesn't want to look like a chump if he's wrong and Trump wins, his priorities are really out of wack.

I think it's more likely he just believes in his system while also in the "well ANY chance that Trump would win is disturbingly high" arzy camp.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Cthulhumatic posted:

It's pretty difficult to say. If 538 says Trump has a 49% chance to win, and he wins - you can't call them wrong.

Even if Trump pulls ahead in their metrics, they aren't saying he is going to win. Just that he's favored.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

blackmongoose posted:

Mowing down the Browns is pretty common in the NFL too, so that partnership makes sense.

*Reported for anti-Browns bias*

:sigh:

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Jesus loving Christ, who are these 15% of people still making up their mind?

https://vimeo.com/66438803

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/778604055476183040

there's the Don King blurb

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

What an Uncle Tom motherfucker.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

How does voting for Donald Trump help that?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

mcmagic posted:

Remember this next time you're at some sporting event featuring a gross display of militarism.

Oh I'm woke as gently caress as to how psychopathic and inhuman the majority of the military is. I'm probably the only person at Blues games that doesn't clap let alone stand up when they do their 20 second "USO Service Member of the Game" promo - my Kaepernick stunt hasn't been called out yet, but with recent events, I'm afraid this season that might change...

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Here, some anti-Arzying to get your day started:
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/778601738181943297

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 21, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

emdash posted:

hmmmmmm

Nate Silver is a bitch. Comparing Brexit to this election is incredibly disingenuous and he knows it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That poll was decent for Clinton. Undecideds prefer Obama's direction of the country to Trump by like 55/10, though Clinton's favorables with undecideds are terrible, Trump's are literally zero.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Umm why should we Arzy that Hillary is right there with Trump in North Carolina? If they are consistently tied in the polls her GOTV ensures she wins by 2 points.

This is a state Obama lost last time. If she's close its a victory.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

She's just coming off a really bad week and is only two points down in NC? How is that supposed to concern people?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

She's just coming off a really bad week and is only two points down in NC? How is that supposed to concern people?
Guys, I meant to type "anti-Arzying" but I forgot the first part.

I edited it.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

emdash posted:

Turns out Lewandowski was being paid by Trump, separate from severance, through his time at CNN http://www.mediaite.com/online/breaking-corey-lewandowski-suspended-by-cnn/

Why is anyone surprised? The way he talked about Trump never changed from when he was his campaign manager to when he got hired by CNN.

CNN is a joke.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Don King is currently playing hypeman for Trump apparently, lol (actively interjecting while Trump answers Qs)

e:

fits my needs posted:

Why is anyone surprised? The way he talked about Trump never changed from when he was his campaign manager to when he got hired by CNN.

CNN is a joke.

Also now CNN is saying he's not suspended :confused:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
NC has gone back and forth even when she was like up 8 points nationally. We're one of the most tossup of tossup states.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What are the demographics of undecided anyway? Do they look more like Trump or Clinton supporters?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

fits my needs posted:

CNN is a joke.

Supposedly it just came out that he's actually not getting suspended at all despite being paid under the table by a campaign they are supposed to be objectively covering. LOL CNN.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Jesus, today's On Point about Trump's "charities"...

Around the middle of the show a caller called in with the view that while he understood and agreed with the guest's investigation that Trump's charity is 100% bullshit, that no matter how bad it sounded, it doesn't matter since we now live in a post-fact society. The very next caller called for the Clinton Foundation to be investigated similarly because it was unfair to dogpile on Clinton (the host reminded the caller that last week the spent a show on her charities).

Infuriating.

However, after the next segment two callers (both women) said they were Republican-leaning and wanted to reassure the first caller that this investigation did matter to them. They had been either on the fence or voting for Trump but after this news, were going to vote for Clinton.

I'm glad I was sitting down.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
In fairness Don King has been in the business of getting airtime for rambling, wordsalad, narcissistic jeremiads for a long time. It's only surprising that it's taken this long to tap him as a spokesperson for the Trump campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Edible Hat posted:

What are the demographics of undecided anyway? Do they look more like Trump or Clinton supporters?

They look like idiots, op

• Locked thread