Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the number of times you should be surprised by someone around a corner with a shotgun is like 1 in 100, if that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
But that 1 time is really quite shocking, can give you quite a fright

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I haven't noticed noticed any differences in the fallen aside from they red puke they spew after they die, was kind of expecting taken type of changes to mobs.

really does seem apparent this dlc was made by the B-team

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Sorry bro. Shotguns are bad and unfun. But then again, I generally think sniper rifles are too.

Turning the corner and instantly dying to one hit does not make for a fun game.

It might be you that's bad or unfun.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Sorry bro. Shotguns are bad and unfun. But then again, I generally think sniper rifles are too.

Turning the corner and instantly dying to one hit does not make for a fun game.

Look at your radar more and stop sprinting around corners.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"Hmm my radar is solid red, I bet I will get a positive result if I sprint around that corner at eye level."

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

It's okay for people not to like OHK stuff, stop being PVP weirdos.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
people who are garbage at things should probably keep their poo poo opinions about how that thing should be balanced to themselves

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I got nine kills and wasn't even last in my team! Plus we were trailing the whole game and took the lead right at the end, it was very thrilling!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

people who are garbage at things should probably keep their poo poo opinions about how that thing should be balanced to themselves

This started with someone asking for a game mode with no secondaries, hardly a balancing critique.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
actually it started with someone complaining about the prevalence of shotguns, but that really has very little bearing on anything. especially when the problem example they come up with is more or less equivalent to suiciding into a shotgun.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 21, 2016

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

As an FYI when you are in the forge and it says "you will be tested" a Zika node pops up in one of the chambers. If you kill it fast it'll give you axes to help with the boss/adds.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Special ammo in crucible is probably still too easy to hoard, but I think the game is at a point where if they actually fixed that it would be a pretty one dimensional "spam primary fire down halls and whoever lobs the best grenade wins" type game. The special weapons actually keep things more fluid which is a good thing.

I'd like to see Bungie experiment with other designs, like losing ammo on death or putting the ammo crates in contested areas so players have to fight for it. Who knows maybe they've already tested that internally and didn't like it. :iiam:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

xzzy posted:

Special ammo in crucible is probably still too easy to hoard, but I think the game is at a point where if they actually fixed that it would be a pretty one dimensional "spam primary fire down halls and whoever lobs the best grenade wins" type game. The special weapons actually keep things more fluid which is a good thing.

I'd like to see Bungie experiment with other designs, like losing ammo on death or putting the ammo crates in contested areas so players have to fight for it. Who knows maybe they've already tested that internally and didn't like it. :iiam:

How do you spam hitscan weapons?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
did you mean to say siva or is bungie really on-point with their zika outbreak references

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bone Krew's New Guide to Light Leveling:

You need to be running strikes. Dropped blues from the strike bosses (not engrams, the actual equipment) are always + 1~3 your overall light, with one major caveat.

After extensive testing is appears the light level of dropped items throttles as you approach 350 and 360. Until your overall light is at 350/360 your blue strike drops will be capped at that 350/360. This can make getting to 350/360 frustrating.

The solution is to pop purple and yellow engrams when you are at 349/359. These do not seem to be bound by the same threshold and will still pop 0~3+ you light. This will let you get something to 352/362 which can overcome a deficiency is a particularly tough slot (ghost/artifact) and hit the 350/360 threshold that lets you start climbing via blues again.

Tl;dr: use strike blue drops to get to 349/359, then pop engrams to get to 350/360 and go back to strike blues.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Emron posted:

the same way you spam anything: by using it a lot? why would projectile speed have anything to do with it?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Emron posted:

By holding the trigger down? Do you even fps bro?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the same way you spam anything: by using it a lot? why would projectile speed have anything to do with it?

Because spamming is about area denial and I don't think shooting a wall is very effective at that :colbert:

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

did you mean to say siva or is bungie really on-point with their zika outbreak references

I meant SIVA but my phone autocorrected it so I'm calling it Zika now.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
trying to look for the khvostov and: boy oh boy Destiny really needs a goddamn map, it is goddamn impossible to find what you're looking for if you don't check every goddamn corner, and even then, it's not enough

boy between that and the platforming challenge to climb felwinter peak there's a lot of wack unfun bullshit in this video game

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
That platforming challenge at the peak has me really excited to see what great jumping puzzles they're going to have in the raid this week. :shepface:

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A mode without special weapons would probably just end up with everyone standing behind cover with MIDAs plinking at each other. Sounds terrible.

Also I think special ammo is fine currently. If you seriously try to main your special you're going to need to consciously make a circuit to hit all the ammo spawns at the right time. If you can stay alive and do that consistently then it's probably not excessive shotgun range that's allowing you to get kills.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

ephori posted:

That platforming challenge at the peak has me really excited to see what great jumping puzzles they're going to have in the raid this week. :shepface:

I foresee a jumping puzzle involving tanks hanging from the ceiling inside the wall. Another one to climb to a big eye door.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ElNarez posted:

trying to look for the khvostov and: boy oh boy Destiny really needs a goddamn map, it is goddamn impossible to find what you're looking for if you don't check every goddamn corner, and even then, it's not enough

boy between that and the platforming challenge to climb felwinter peak there's a lot of wack unfun bullshit in this video game

The patrol area is a few halls with some shipping crates in them. If you're getting lost a map ain't gonna help. The khvostov in particular is hilariously easy because icons pop up on your screen when there's something nearby to pick up. The game literally tells you where to go.

Jumping is an important feature in the game, git gud son.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The big eye door appears to be the thing in Foundry 113 which is nothing. There's probably some complicated encounter to get it to open in the first place, of course.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bone Krew's New Guide to Light Leveling:

You need to be running strikes. Dropped blues from the strike bosses (not engrams, the actual equipment) are always + 1~3 your overall light, with one major caveat.

After extensive testing is appears the light level of dropped items throttles as you approach 350 and 360. Until your overall light is at 350/360 your blue strike drops will be capped at that 350/360. This can make getting to 350/360 frustrating.

The solution is to pop purple and yellow engrams when you are at 349/359. These do not seem to be bound by the same threshold and will still pop 0~3+ you light. This will let you get something to 352/362 which can overcome a deficiency is a particularly tough slot (ghost/artifact) and hit the 350/360 threshold that lets you start climbing via blues again.

Tl;dr: use strike blue drops to get to 349/359, then pop engrams to get to 350/360 and go back to strike blues.

Thanks Bone Krew I will take this advice to heart

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
This is worth keeping right? Or should I be holding out for a HF/RF one? I already have a rifled barrel IB shottie so I'm not in a bind for PvP meta needs.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Emron posted:

As an FYI when you are in the forge and it says "you will be tested" a Zika node pops up in one of the chambers. If you kill it fast it'll give you axes to help with the boss/adds.

This is what is considered a "boon" for the bounty too as far as I can tell

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

This thing is fun

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

xzzy posted:

The patrol area is a few halls with some shipping crates in them. If you're getting lost a map ain't gonna help. The khvostov in particular is hilariously easy because icons pop up on your screen when there's something nearby to pick up. The game literally tells you where to go.

Jumping is an important feature in the game, git gud son.

It's not even finding the thing, because, as you said, once you're there you get the big icons. It's getting to the area in the first place that loving sucks, because there's nothing distinct about the endless hallways of dilapidated factories you need to traverse to get to the Divide. It's not even the lack of map that's frustrating, but the lack of any significant landmark that could indicate where you are in relation to anything.

And jumping isn't even the problem, the problem is all the gently caress you little platforms that gently caress with the collision system and that send you flying away all the way to the bottom.

I just want to shoot a gun in space okay.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Goddamn the swap speed on the ophidian aspect. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqwg_qCPzdU&t=88s

(spotted on the reddit)

I assume it is in fact the exact same speed as the blade dancer perk but looking at the video it seems comically fast.

Gonna be warlock supremacy for a while I guess.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Are you telling me, the Plagelands is like a Borderlands map?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Anyone who thinks the felwinters climb is fun or has a place in this game should mosey on over to Reddit and enjoy their many fine posts about the Khostov and Gjallarhorn quests making players cry. Imho of course.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

haveblue posted:

The big eye door appears to be the thing in Foundry 113 which is nothing. There's probably some complicated encounter to get it to open in the first place, of course.

Raid

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Anyone who thinks the felwinters climb is fun or has a place in this game should mosey on over to Reddit and enjoy their many fine posts about the Khostov and Gjallarhorn quests making players cry. Imho of course.

What if Felwinters climb made me cry

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I have the ophidian aspect and it doesn't seem to stack with a quickdraw perk, at least in my limited testing

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So what is even "the gear" in pvp anymore?

I'm a stormcaller warlock using MIDA/1000ys for weapons and The Impossible Machines as my exotic armor.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Plaguelands is pretty easy to figure out once you spend 15 minutes doing patrol missions. Half of it is the original game content with snow on it so you should never get lost. The new half is a long tube with shipping crates.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

So what is even "the gear" in pvp anymore?

I'm a stormcaller warlock using MIDA/1000ys for weapons and The Impossible Machines as my exotic armor.

You should be using claws and a shotty. Shootyshootdoublezap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Plaguelands is pretty easy to figure out once you spend 15 minutes doing patrol missions. Half of it is the original game content with snow on it so you should never get lost. The new half is a long tube with shipping crates.

Yeah, give it another few days and you'll have all of it down pat. I thought it was really sprawling and confusing the first few visits but now it's easy to beeline for the passage back to Rocketyard if I need to.

• Locked thread