Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

CrashCat posted:

Why would I not push the eject button? I have to be over there to take the disc out of the slot anyway? :confused:

Because there's a known issue with the capacitive button(s) and a perfectly acceptable alternative exists.

You finish playing your game (or watching your movie) and then choose the remove disc option from the menu. Walk over to the system and the disc is already waiting for you, no need to wait for it to spindown or whatever. It's the difference between spending another second on the couch or another second standing next to your system.

Truth be told, methods probably take about the exact same amount of time and effort, so you may as well go with the one that definitely won't cause your system to have issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I have to stand my ps4 upright because when it's lying down the system will randomly enter rest mode. I'm guessing that's also a problem with the buttons?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

U-DO Burger posted:

when it's lying down the system will randomly enter rest mode
We all get that with age.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

I have to stand my ps4 upright because when it's lying down the system will randomly enter rest mode. I'm guessing that's also a problem with the buttons?

Your PS4 is broken, get it fixed.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

If you don't already own a ps4, would it be stupid to grab the Pro instead of taking a discounted standard ps4?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Nah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nomadic Scholar posted:

If you don't already own a ps4, would it be stupid to grab the Pro instead of taking a discounted standard ps4?

Depends if you think what it offers is worth the hundo my dude

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Comparison videos don't seem to suggest any huge "game changer" differences if you don't have a 4K TV so far. It would largely depend on what you're looking at as far as price difference, also bearing in mind that the PS4 Pro will be bigger, heavier and more power-hungry.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

Pfft, what a poser.

The real gamers appreciate the fast loading and pureness of analogue gaming. You just can't beat the quality and warmness of a tape.

I remember years ago reading about an album an electronic group put out on vinyl where side one was music, and then side 2 was data for either a commodore or atari computer (I forget which)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Saoshyant posted:

Pfft, what a poser.

The real gamers appreciate the fast loading and pureness of analogue gaming. You just can't beat the quality and warmness of a tape.

title looked like "fapper" at first glance

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Awesome! posted:

title looked like "fapper" at first glance

Well, that explains why his eyes are agog :eyepop:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

No, it's not stupid. It's a better system than the PS4, so if it's worth the extra hundred bucks, I'd say go for it.

It's not just for 4K games, just FYI. Non-4K TVs can still take advantage of greater graphical fidelity, such as higher framerates or more visual effects, depending on the game. Most currently existing PS4 games won't have any benefit on the PS4Pro (the developer has to create a patch adding in the features).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The new cod is gonna look sick on the Pro I bet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGBlwdkHWFs

DF thinks its gonna be a good deal for the extra cost. also they say at the end that their sources say sony has only a small team helping developers with pro support they are pushing for development to be done on the base model first and the pro's enhancement tools to be used on that base version.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

There's still no reason to pre-order it though. Just wait until people actually have it and see tangible benefits.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Obsurveyor posted:

There's still no reason to pre-order

always true. just posting a video

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

There's an Assassin's Creed sale going on. I'm interested in the slave rebellion one (Freedom's Cry). I know since it's stand-alone DLC that it should be short, I don't mind. Is it worth $6? Never played Black Flag.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
If I buy a game off the Japanese PSN do they charge tax as well as the price? The game I'm looking at is 2990 yen so if I can just get the 3000 yen card that would make it a lot easier.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

If I buy a game off the Japanese PSN do they charge tax as well as the price? The game I'm looking at is 2990 yen so if I can just get the 3000 yen card that would make it a lot easier.

couldn't you add it and try checking out to see? or does it ask for payment options first?

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

morallyobjected posted:

couldn't you add it and try checking out to see? or does it ask for payment options first?

Yeah I've tried that and it prompts for payment options before showing the final cost.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

The prices on the store page already include tax

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tamba posted:

The prices on the store page already include tax

I'm sure every sensible country does it this way

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

No sales tax on :canada: psn. A full price physical game adds another almost $10 in tax. :(

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
I'm pretty sure I don't get charged tax here in Texas. At least, I didn't when I bought Dear Esther a couple days ago.

Not sure if it matters that I only use PSN cards rather than a credit card or PayPal. I like not giving my financial info to Sony, and I take a little extra satisfaction in getting a cent off of every $10 I spend. :v:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

No sales tax on :canada: psn. A full price physical game adds another almost $10 in tax. :(

They did say sensible, we haven't qualified in decades. :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Predict the future with me

Will there be a flash sale tomorrow?
Will battleborn be in it?
How low will it have dropped?

Y
Y

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

call of duty flash sale, ps3 modern warfare 2 on sale for 59.99 gold extreme season pass bundle, call of duty ghosts $50

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Could someone please post the worst sale of all time, the Battleborn flash sale again for me please? I need a good laugh.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
PSP game flash sale, with 60% of it's contents that don't work native on vita.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Rockstar flash sale. Bully 4.99, GTA V $5 off.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Will GTAV finally go under 30 dollars?!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

Predict the future with me

Will there be a flash sale tomorrow?
Will battleborn be in it?
How low will it have dropped?

Y
Y
lol no way it will be under $10, they're still delusional about it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kirios posted:

Could someone please post the worst sale of all time, the Battleborn flash sale again for me please? I need a good laugh.

honestly every cod sale has been the worst sale of all-time. they used to discount years old cod games like 10%, but they have moved on to discounting their old cod games by giving you a sale on the season pass bundle only

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kirios posted:

Will GTAV finally go under 30 dollars?!

Its still a top 5 selling video game. No way in hell.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kirios posted:

bonus:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Don't buy Battleborn for any price, it was spared worst game of the year honours only by No Man's Sky. And at least I got a refund on the latter. :(

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cherry Venus
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/skylight-freerange-2-gachduine/cid=UP2979-PCSE00862_00-SKYF2GACHDUINEPV

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine being the battleborn team and seeing Overwatch

Also gearbox are garbage devs so I ain't crying

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Imagine being the battleborn team and seeing Overwatch

Also gearbox are garbage devs so I ain't crying

"Wow that a pretty cool team based shooter, good thing it's in a different genre than our game... our marketing team did what?!"

• Locked thread