Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I don't want to eat rape or terror candy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mouse Dresser posted:

Often, those demanding people think that just because they microwaved a burrito for their partner or did the laundry once last week that that's all it takes to be loving and take care of their partner.

They're generally the sort of person to post poo poo like this:

That tweet is supposed to be a joke, right? I'm almost certain it is, but I've expected less from people and have been let down.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Donald Trump's skittles meme is based on a feminist meme with M&ms talking about how 1 in 10 men are rapists

I don't remember this much backlash when females were posting it though

Nah it goes back further than that. Check out the 1938 German children's book Der Giftpilz. It is a propaganda piece about how Jews poison entire populations like a poisonous mushroom poisons a meal.

It likely goes back way further than that I'm guessing.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

MizPiz posted:

That tweet is supposed to be a joke, right? I'm almost certain it is, but I've expected less from people and have been let down.

I've seen this picture before, and the fish always bug me. what are they? why are they there? who would eat them? They look like goldfish!

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

hyperhazard posted:

Pshh, i don't see what you guys are up in arms about. Saving thousands of lives with a 1-in-1,000,000 chance of terrorism is exactly the same as going on dates with a 1-in-10 chance of being raped.

Really if you think about it though 1/10 of those Syrian men are rape terrorists???

Surprised this isn't from Nihilist Memes.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Elblanco posted:

I've seen this picture before, and the fish always bug me. what are they? why are they there? who would eat them? They look like goldfish!

Bait minnows. You them on your hook to catch real fish.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Mmmmmm yes FB feed this is what I want to see when I wake

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

MizPiz posted:

Look into your heart, you know the answer. :allears:

yes, most likely

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Hollismason posted:

Justifiably killed for not following orders. And many people see nothing wrong with this :(

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Justifiably killed for not following orders. And many people see nothing wrong with this :(

Yeah it's a old friend of mine who lives in Mississippi and all his friends on his FB are also in Mississippi so you can imagine what it devolved into. I mainly keep him has a FB friend to see all the terrible poo poo people say so I can remind myself people like that exist.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/rawstory/status/778647516959080449

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Hollismason posted:

"We live in the freest goddamn country in the world, no one tells me what to do, live free or die!"

*man summarily executed by police state*

"Well poo poo maybe he should have listened to the Peace Officer's orders the dumb nigg thug!"

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hollismason posted:

"Gonna kick back and see how this plays out, hopefully the cop get's a fair deal and no thugs riot," is like white person talk distilled.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So how far back are we going to declare someone an immigrant? If we're talking everyone in North America, we have to go back like 20,000 years. Why stop there? Let's go back 60,000 and include everyone in Europe, Asia, and Australia. Let's keep going and declare most of Africa as being filled with immigrants. You didn't evolve there! You moved! Immigrant!!!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Picnic Princess posted:

So how far back are we going to declare someone an immigrant? If we're talking everyone in North America, we have to go back like 20,000 years. Why stop there? Let's go back 60,000 and include everyone in Europe, Asia, and Australia. Let's keep going and declare most of Africa as being filled with immigrants. You didn't evolve there! You moved! Immigrant!!!

Are you quoting someone?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Let's see what my aging father is up to...

:smith:

It's not just the run of the mill odious political statement but that hoary old "if you forward this email Bill Gates will give you his fortune" nonsense tacked on for good measure.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

RareAcumen posted:

Holy poo poo

Is there a video?

Because holy poo poo.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Rolo posted:

Is there a video?

Because holy poo poo.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/e9z0e...k_092016_tds_81

It's all gold

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Fishing for compliments.jpg

At least you actually get compliments at all, coworker. :smith:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Intoluene posted:

It's a fishing expedition and a lovely way of putting it, but the image has a point. It's sometimes better to hear that you're special to someone than to hear that you're cute. :shrug:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Intoluene posted:

Fishing4pity.txt

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

more evidence that old people who complain about millennials should be euthanized

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

More like ageinized

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

69% seems like a low figure.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Tetracube posted:

more evidence that old people who complain about millennials should be euthanized

I mentioned The Pirate Bay to my mom years ago. Now every time I drive up to visit my parents, she asks me if I can get her more free videos and music. I think I've pirated more Cat Stevens and Simon & Garfunkel for her than I ever have anything for myself.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Otisburg posted:

Let's see what my aging father is up to...

:smith:

It's not just the run of the mill odious political statement but that hoary old "if you forward this email Bill Gates will give you his fortune" nonsense tacked on for good measure.

Interesting how successfully they've rebranded it as the "battle flag", like it actually makes it a different thing that has no racial connotation. I grew up in South Carolina and Georgia, and it was never once referred to as anything other than the Confederate flag until after the church shooting.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

I remember seeing someone post something similar and in the photo the "fat" child just had a distended abdomen, probably from kwashiorkor (protein-deficiency) or hypothyroidism.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Practical Demon posted:

Interesting how successfully they've rebranded it as the "battle flag", like it actually makes it a different thing that has no racial connotation. I grew up in South Carolina and Georgia, and it was never once referred to as anything other than the Confederate flag until after the church shooting.

I heard 'battle flag' growing up in Mississippi, but 'rebel flag' was more common than anything else.

I mean, that's what it is, the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. It was never a flag of the Confederate government.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

For a change of pace, Tumblr does not moderate their tags and they introduced a feature that gives you bump notifications for trending tags on your phone.

BEEP BEEP

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

69% seems like a low figure.

Agreed, it's more like 420%.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Byzantine posted:

I heard 'battle flag' growing up in Mississippi, but 'rebel flag' was more common than anything else.

I mean, that's what it is, the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. It was never a flag of the Confederate government.

I know, but that flag has since become the representative one for the Confederacy, and it wasn't until it started getting removed that people really started getting pedantic about how "actually, it's just a battle flag, not the official flag for the CSA" so they could get around the symbol of treason and slavery argument.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Confederate flag is code for "I'm a racist traitor." Anyone saying otherwise is full of poo poo.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

DemeaninDemon posted:

Confederate flag is code for "I'm a racist traitor." Anyone saying otherwise is full of poo poo.

No no you don't get it, I'm honoring the memory of my forefathers that fought and died in a treasonous war to preserve their right to continue to own human chattel. It's my heritage~~

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Practical Demon posted:

symbol of treason

It's literally called the rebel flag, I think they're aware of that.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Byzantine posted:

It's literally called the rebel flag, I think they're aware of that.

Have you honestly never run into people in Mississippi who go on and on about how patriotic they are while plastering that flag on everything, then defend it as pro-Southern and not anti-American when called out on it?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Don't forget bragging about being from the Party of Lincoln in the very next breath.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

TotalLossBrain posted:

Nah it goes back further than that. Check out the 1938 German children's book Der Giftpilz. It is a propaganda piece about how Jews poison entire populations like a poisonous mushroom poisons a meal.

It likely goes back way further than that I'm guessing.

Its literally what the phrase "a few bad apples" is supposed to mean before it somehow got twisted into the opposite.

e: Which some cursory googling tells me existed at least as far back as Shakespeare's era, but I don't have sources. So yeah, its an old argument.

Ravenfood has a new favorite as of 06:13 on Sep 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy