Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm 95% sure that bone crew and I follow all the same people on twitter, maybe I should follow the alteisen model...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Most people don't have a PDX package.

Good Players always have a PDX Package.

Pros have 2-3 packages at all times.

I have 2 packages.

No one talks about this.

ah, the internet playboy

How many oils do you cook with

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

FishBulb posted:

Climbing up the mountain. Was easy you gold drat babies

gently caress you if bouncing five thousand feet backwards because you tapped your fuckin dome off of two inches of rock was "easy"

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Legs Benedict posted:

gently caress you if bouncing five thousand feet backwards because you tapped your fuckin dome off of two inches of rock was "easy"

Man up and stop being a baby scrub lord

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think it's time to

git gud skrub

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I can hold on to my arms day ticket and wait for new rolls each Wednesday?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yessir

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm just glad they make you do the mountain in third person so you can see how hosed up their hit detection is

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Game meats

Fatty oils

Pdx-45 packages

:agreed:

Most people aren't honest enough to admit this.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Media coverup.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It took me 10 minutes tops to climb the mountain. I am literally not ironically excited to see what jumping puzzles are in the raid.

Here's some tips for climbing:

Max agility
Hold X/A through your jump
Jump and THEN press forward for the more vertical ledges
If you miss a ledge don't panic double jump. It will bounce you backwards. Just hold forward and let the geometry catch you.

You'll eventually hit a check point and can spawn safely on a cliff if you fall down. I'm not sure where this point is, but I think the half way mark is when you get to the farthest left side of the mountain before ascending to the right again.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

people who are garbage at things should probably keep their poo poo opinions about how that thing should be balanced to themselves

If only. Then we would still have srl.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I think the thing about jumping is that if you move the right stick at all while you're landing you'll bounce/slide off stuff, but if you don't you'll stay put. Using a Xim can actually make it more difficult.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
<~~~xim user A+ would climb again

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm a bit disappointed that this expansion seems so low stakes and traditional sci-fi compared to the old stuff. After working for the space-elves on the reef and killing a god made flesh (and his son); putting down nano machines and cyber-aliens seems so ... boring.

I came back to the game a week or so ago and after doing some reading I found out about armour tiers, and that only certain pieces of equipment have the quality can support a '5/5/2' (i think that's the term) build. I got a mobile app called tower ghost that color codes my equipment and based on its coding, everything I have is yellow. ( i think it's supposed to be green?) Does anybody know if the new tower vendor stuff is high enough quality or if I should be looking for particular pieces? ... sorry if I'm using the wrong terms or don't understand the mechanics, it seems every website or guide out there starts you with the assumption you are already knowledgeable about this stuff.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Do normal strikes drop up to 365 or just heroic?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

FishBulb posted:

Climbing up the mountain. Was easy you gold drat babies

I still love that after all these years FishBulb's still speaking the goddamn truth.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey guyyyys

I just got the dlc after not playing since doing the taken king raid like twice can you help me with some questions

what do I do with all this level 3 gear in my postmaster

are all the year 2 exotics deprecated for the year 3 exotics or is last word still useful in pvp

are the year 2 purps worth keeping around if I infuse a bunch of poo poo into them or are they also deprecated except for cosmetically probably

is there a best gear piece to spend my legendary marks on at the vendors? i.e. should I drop it on a 350 ghost since that's the hardest high-level drop to get or is a 350 chest piece better

also I leveled my new monarchy rank up and why would I pick the package without the chroma gear in it if they're the same light level?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Bcz croma is gay

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Year 2 stuff is fine

3 light stuff needs to be infused. After that it's just like anything else.

A ghost is probably the best thing to buy for light since they don't drop but you can get them from faction packages so if you wait you might get lucky. Also there is a 340 ghost you get from the book if you get to like rank 6 which isn't that hard.

Because the chroma gear is dumb and looks dumb

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[Flo Rida Voice] apple of discord... boots with the fire

She got the whole tower sturrin at herrr

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thanks. hmm I haven't seen any of the chroma stuff yet but aiiiiight

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

kzin602 posted:

I'm a bit disappointed that this expansion seems so low stakes and traditional sci-fi compared to the old stuff. After working for the space-elves on the reef and killing a god made flesh (and his son); putting down nano machines and cyber-aliens seems so ... boring.

I came back to the game a week or so ago and after doing some reading I found out about armour tiers, and that only certain pieces of equipment have the quality can support a '5/5/2' (i think that's the term) build. I got a mobile app called tower ghost that color codes my equipment and based on its coding, everything I have is yellow. ( i think it's supposed to be green?) Does anybody know if the new tower vendor stuff is high enough quality or if I should be looking for particular pieces? ... sorry if I'm using the wrong terms or don't understand the mechanics, it seems every website or guide out there starts you with the assumption you are already knowledgeable about this stuff.

ok basically when you get a piece of armour (or artifact or ghost) it can be int/dis/str right? But it also rolls for the exact number of that stat it gives, within a certain range. If you have a majority armour that has max or near max rolls, you can hit tier 12, which is the max. But honestly tier 12 only really matters for super high end sweaty pvp matches.

But there's no specific piece to look for, it's all the rng roll you get when it drops. Some vendor stuff might have good rolls, but no one really knows right now because the formula people were using was calibrated for 335 light and people haven't had a chance to update it for the new max. Or something like that I dunno.

That said! Don't worry about it for now. Just concentrate on getting your light up, getting good weapons and going for an overall 'good enough' stat spread.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 21, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Anyone infuse something that ends up higher than the fuel? That's happening now it seems. I hope it's not a bug.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is Tower Ghost a good app. I had an Events for Destiny ios app for event timers I guess I should download that again

Luccion
Jun 14, 2008

el B posted:

It took me 10 minutes tops to climb the mountain. I am literally not ironically excited to see what jumping puzzles are in the raid.

Here's some tips for climbing:

Max agility
Hold X/A through your jump
Jump and THEN press forward for the more vertical ledges
If you miss a ledge don't panic double jump. It will bounce you backwards. Just hold forward and let the geometry catch you.

You'll eventually hit a check point and can spawn safely on a cliff if you fall down. I'm not sure where this point is, but I think the half way mark is when you get to the farthest left side of the mountain before ascending to the right again.

I can't lie. After I made it to the top, I've found myself doing it a couple of more times with the intention of "showing" friends. In reality, all I'm showing is my superior jumping skills, AND my ability to troll pubbies by pushing them off/blocking the ledge right before the checkpoint. But I am unironically excited for whatever jumping puzzle is going to be in the raid as well precisely because of the mountain climb.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Luccion posted:

I can't lie. After I made it to the top, I've found myself doing it a couple of more times with the intention of "showing" friends. In reality, all I'm showing is my superior jumping skills, AND my ability to troll pubbies by pushing them off/blocking the ledge right before the checkpoint. But I am unironically excited for whatever jumping puzzle is going to be in the raid as well precisely because of the mountain climb.

um, pretty sure you just no clip through people who aren't in your fire team

boz
Oct 16, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Flo Rida Voice] apple of discord... boots with the fire

She got the whole tower sturrin at herrr

Thanks for the advice for using the 19 scope over 28. It feels so much more snappy.

Luccion
Jun 14, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

um, pretty sure you just no clip through people who aren't in your fire team

You do and don't, by standing on the spot they need to land on, it screws MANY people over because they react to it. It's pretty funny, would highly recommend.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Someone at Bungie has a real fascination with things being controlled against their will.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
[[Lfm]] if you're not 365 light with a pic of the fel winter bonfire in your profile I'll ignore you]]

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

is Tower Ghost a good app. I had an Events for Destiny ios app for event timers I guess I should download that again

Get Ishtar Commander

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

boz posted:

Thanks for the advice for using the 19 scope over 28. It feels so much more snappy.

Thanks for listening ;)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Things that will be the in the raid

Those green traps on that one strike
Those lame turrets on that other strike
Relic axe with rekindling fire
Something like the memories of felwinter
Climbing felwinters peak again

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Some mf on reddit got the dead orbit scout with firefly outlaw and full auto

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Roman posted:

Anyone infuse something that ends up higher than the fuel? That's happening now it seems. I hope it's not a bug.

Yeah I had to do a double take when it happened

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Things that will be the in the raid

Those green traps on that one strike
Those lame turrets on that other strike
Relic axe with rekindling fire
Something like the memories of felwinter
Climbing felwinters peak again

Those green traps will be in the death wall escape thing probably.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

here's a fully upgraded PDX-45 #2 from this week's gunsmith orders compared to the TTK April Update Vendor Hawksaw (on left below)

IMHO the range dropoff with the PDX isn't material - this is a better gun than the Vendor Hawksaw because of the stability. But this isn't material either. The 12 sight on the PDX vs. the 19 on the Hawksaw might be a big deal to you, but that's personal preference.

If you have more than one PDX package, obviously pick this up. It shreds and you can see which one you like the feel of.

Thanks a lot for posting this, snagging this tonight!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

the green traps seem hive associated. So they might... but maybe not? There were those vestiges from dark beyond that never were used in Crota's.

I'm betting there's some power core moving/swapping shenanigans though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
gently caress Felwinter and his stupid mountain. I'm gonna go run the final story mission over and over so I can hit him with an axe if I fall off this dumb thing again.

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 21, 2016

• Locked thread