Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I mean it is wednesday night against Cagliari to be fair

Is that Rugani's first Juve goal?

Yeah, that's what the announcer said at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Yeah, that's what the announcer said at least.

Good for him, hope this translate to some better Italy performances.

Icardi's already got two goals.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Real Talk: why are Chievo beating Sassuolo? Why have they always started off the season in killer mode for the past couple years?

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Real Talk: why are Chievo beating Sassuolo? Why have they always started off the season in killer mode for the past couple years?

It's the power of the Pandoro Meccanico.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yo I was just coming in here to loving yell about purple being toothless cunts until Babacar did that loving beauty :allears:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

LupusAter posted:

It's the power of the Pandoro Meccanico.

lol

In any case Defrel leveled it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Also, I need some Italian specific sayings concerning football. Like how they would address someone getting the ball or the movement, even exclamations of excitement or anger (might have that one covered actually). I need it so I can write a report on a football match for an Italian "event" to prove I actually am wanting to learn Italian or whatever.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Higuain hit the post, then a minute later scored on a rebound off of Storari on a Pjanic attempt.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Also, I need some Italian specific sayings concerning football. Like how they would address someone getting the ball or the movement, even exclamations of excitement or anger (might have that one covered actually). I need it so I can write a report on a football match for an Italian "event" to prove I actually am wanting to learn Italian or whatever.

If you want to sound like a broadcaster you can use English phrases like "coast to coast", "corner" and "offside". That always makes me laugh. For real though, words like "deviato" (deflected), talking about "la palla" (the ball), the ubiquitous "grinta" (grit/determination), "rasoterra" (daisy-cutter), "traversa" (crossbar or a long cross in the box), "palo" (the post), "fuori area" (outside the box, touchline), "tiro-cross" (a cross that looked like a shot or vice-versa), "tentato" (attempted), "dai dai dai" (Max Allegri), "diffidato" (one card away from a suspension for card accumulation, I actually don't know the word in English), "macellaio" (butcher, anyone that tackles a smaller player), "gobbo di merda", etc.

That's off the top of my head. If I think of more I'll post em.

e: "Rovesciata" is an overhead kick, "capolavoro" is used to describe a really excellent goal or pass, "pasticcio/papera" (mess, 'a duck') is an error, usually defensively or goalkeeping wise

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 21, 2016

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Juve are brutalizing Cagliari. Alves scores from outside the penalty area to make it 3-0.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

A lot of goals today, huh. Glad to see El Shaarawy getting one.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

If you want to sound like a broadcaster you can use English phrases like "coast to coast", "corner" and "offside". That always makes me laugh. For real though, words like "deviato" (deflected), talking about "la palla" (the ball), the ubiquitous "grinta" (grit/determination), "rasoterra" (daisy-cutter), "traversa" (crossbar or a long cross in the box), "palo" (the post), "fuori area" (outside the box, touchline), "tiro-cross" (a cross that looked like a shot or vice-versa), "tentato" (attempted), "dai dai dai" (Max Allegri), "diffidato" (one card away from a suspension for card accumulation, I actually don't know the word in English), "macellaio" (butcher, anyone that tackles a smaller player), "gobbo di merda", etc.

That's off the top of my head. If I think of more I'll post em.

yeah something the broadcaster would say. She doesn't watch football so it can be familiar but it's not like she knows the loving rules or anything.

She's in Italy right now, and I asked if she could bring back some olive oil. poo poo is so goddamn hard to find in the states. I'm sure it exists in San Diego I just can't be arsed to drive 20 minutes to little Italy every time I need something.

So...to be clear, I'm so lazy that I'm asking my professor to get me olive oil imported from Italy instead of driving to the grocery store.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Bernadeschi with the penalty equals it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I also can't stress how much I hope we replace Tatarasanu and Tomovic this winter.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Lemina is so friggin good

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Storari has been incredible today, Juve could have 6 goals by now.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Storari was always cool and good, I'm glad he's doing well even of its against Juve.

I can't watch today, was Buffon really subbed off at halftime? Why?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

Storari was always cool and good, I'm glad he's doing well even of its against Juve.

I can't watch today, was Buffon really subbed off at halftime? Why?

I think it was just to give him a rest after this fixture congestion. The match was over by the half anyway.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Hernanes has been really good today.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Chievo defeated Sassuolo 2-1 which means that Sassuolo will kill Milan 5-0. At the same time, Palermo

have won a game.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
I really do like Posavec. Only 20, but already on a very high level I think. Of course, him replacing Sorrentino also means a huge loss of leadership in the team, but hard to blame him for that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Verdi had a fuckin belter of a volley against Samp:

https://streamable.com/mx8d

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Verdi had a fuckin belter of a volley against Samp:

https://streamable.com/mx8d

:tastykake:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I totally didn't notice the Napoli result today.

Juve back to the top of the table :smugdon:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Has Giac played for Napoli yet?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Has Giac played for Napoli yet?

not yet

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
http://www.ilpost.it/2016/09/21/ancora-brutte-notizie-per-il-milan/
:toot:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Lmao that was actually a top story in my local (Swiss!) newspaper yesterday. International joke Milan.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Wow! What a surprise

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm limiting myself so tell me f I'm right but the Chinese bought Milan with forged documents and Burlesconj is going mad?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lmao I wonder where the money for Sosa and Lapadula came from, if it wasn't just a big series of promissory notes. Which it was. When the whole club goes bankrupt in a few years in sure I will find this a lot less funny.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
What do you mean less? If anything, more! And I totally said it :v:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I just stumbled into a restaurant where the servers are all wearing Milan or Inter shirts. Theres a joke there somewhere but I'm too tired to find it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

I just stumbled into a restaurant where the servers are all wearing Milan or Inter shirts. Theres a joke there somewhere but I'm too tired to find it.

There was a pizza place here that had all the servers wear Milan shirts. It went out of business last year. Apt.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It would be cool to have a rivalry theme restaraunt like Real Madrid/Barcelona Roma/Lazio Juventus/the rest of Italy. Different kitchens, staff quarrel with each other.

Seems cool, it'd probably actually suck and nothing would get done.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

So how popular are Chinese restaurants in Costa Rica anyway?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol

It was an Italian place in Chicago though.

There was some drama back home that pissed me off so I ditched my boring friends and went walking around aimlessly on the main streets talking to homeless people and giving them the bunch of change and dollar bills I had left on my last night. It was pretty calming and now I can fly back tomorrow without wishing for a plane crash.

The other day I got to hang out with a handful of Juve dudes and brag about our packed Juve bar with flares inside and real life expat drughi that we have back home, good times.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Ventura has called up Balotelli. Only took 3 games with Nice to get him back with the Azzurri.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Mandzukic lost his mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Nice camera work to catch Higuain's butt crack while the trainer applied the magic spray.

• Locked thread