Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

greatn posted:

All you win in that show was a trophy so I'm not sure why it would be.

Trophys aren't cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I was close! A girl had a meltdown in the pit and puked everywhere.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

MariusLecter posted:

Was the aggro crag greased also?

The kids had to use Mike O'Malley's coke stash as the powder that gymnasts and rock climbers use.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/778686205437149184

Gotta love this ad. "Look who you're empowering by voting for Trump!" "Now help Trump win by voting for me"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but votes for Evan McMullin are drawing mostly from people who'd otherwise vote Trump, right? Voting for him isn't really helping Trump win.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pakled posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but votes for Evan McMullin are drawing mostly from people who'd otherwise vote Trump, right? Voting for him isn't really helping Trump win.

Fine. It's a half a vote for Trump. If he really viewed Trump as an existential threat he should be telling his supporters to vote for Clinton.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

PostNouveau posted:

Was this the thread where people were tracking that "Hillary's IT guy asked Reddit for IT advice" thing, because it's trending on Facebook now.

What's "trending" on Facebook depends on what kinds of stories you look at and what your friends are sharing, among other things. It's not showing up on mine, for instance.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Luigi Thirty posted:

I was close! A girl had a meltdown in the pit and puked everywhere.

and thta girl... was albert einstein!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

mcmagic posted:

Fine. It's a half a vote for Trump. If he really viewed Trump as an existential threat he should be telling his supporters to vote for Clinton.
The people who he is addressing would probably be more easily swayed to worship Lucifer than to vote for a Democrat, possibly with similar agonies of religious conscience

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Considering that stop & frisk was ruled unconstitutional, wouldn't bring it back literally be raising the crime rate?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nessus posted:

The people who he is addressing would probably be more easily swayed to worship Lucifer than to vote for a Democrat, possibly with similar agonies of religious conscience

I feel like if you feel bad for a brown girl getting horrible racist poo poo screamed at her you're probably more likely to vote for a democrat than at least 90% of republicans.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

botany posted:

and thta girl... was albert einstein Hillary Clinton!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Epic High Five posted:

Considering that stop & frisk was ruled unconstitutional, wouldn't bring it back literally be raising the crime rate?

I think we've long since learned that anything that's a crime isn't if the police do it.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Yes, the monkey statue was only solvable one in ten times. From the front the pieces all looked like they would fit easily, but there were several statues and they mixed up the parts so they wouldn't click together properly in the back. It's a neatly packaged little lesson in what it means when a majority of people are failing at something that looks "so easy" from your perspective.

How is this even possible? There's three pieces, all clearly different. Like, if the reason is the kids are a mental and emotional wreck, that's fine, but there's no reason for it to also be literally unsolvable. After the Quiz Show Scandals of the 50s, game shows are heavily regulated to prevent this sort of thing.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Goddamnit I was going to make this joke.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

greatn posted:

All you win in that show was a trophy so I'm not sure why it would be.

One of my friends was actually on Legends of the Hidden Temple and Figure It Out. He did not win the grand prize on Temple, but the person who did went to Busch Gardens. So they definitely gave out more than trophies.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I feel like if you feel bad for a brown girl getting horrible racist poo poo screamed at her you're probably more likely to vote for a democrat than at least 90% of republicans.

You're forgetting Mormons

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/778686205437149184

Gotta love this ad. "Look who you're empowering by voting for Trump!" "Now help Trump win by voting for me"

I think McMullin's only purpose in this election is to attempt to steal Utah from Trump.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

One of my friends was actually on Legends of the Hidden Temple and Figure It Out. He did not win the grand prize on Temple, but the person who did went to Busch Gardens. So they definitely gave out more than trophies.

No I mean on Guts

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

How is this even possible? There's three pieces, all clearly different. Like, if the reason is the kids are a mental and emotional wreck, that's fine, but there's no reason for it to also be literally unsolvable. After the Quiz Show Scandals of the 50s, game shows are heavily regulated to prevent this sort of thing.
I would not be shocked if part of the reason why all these game shows featured kids was to get around some loophole in these rules.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

What's "trending" on Facebook depends on what kinds of stories you look at and what your friends are sharing, among other things. It's not showing up on mine, for instance.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

You're forgetting Mormons

Why are they different? If they are who they say they are they won't vote for Trump. (They will vote for Trump)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Why are they different? If they are who they say they are they won't vote for Trump. (They will vote for Trump)

Because they see brown people as future potential Mormons but still can't handle Clinton's liberal secularism?

Trump will certainly do much worse with them than 2012 :v:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Can you help Blue figure out if jet fuel can melt steel beams?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Mylan CEO is getting demolished by this House committee. I mean I know they're all grandstanding, but it's still pretty gratifying to watch.

https://www.facebook.com/usatoday/videos/vb.13652355666/10153863635760667/?type=3&theater

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

Because they see brown people as future potential Mormons but still can't handle Clinton's liberal secularism?

Trump will certainly do much worse with them than 2012 :v:

They hate liberal secularism but they are gonna vote for the guy who has been married 3 times and who's philandering has been all over the papers, who runs objectifying beauty pageants and rates women from 1 to 10 on Howard Stern while talking about wanting to date his daughter. Mormons who vote for Trump can gently caress off.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

They hate liberal secularism but they are gonna vote for the guy who has been married 3 times and who's philandering has been all over the papers, who runs objectifying beauty pageants and rates women from 1 to 10 on Howard Stern while talking about wanting to date his daughter. Mormons who vote for Trump can gently caress off.

My understanding is that while a good portion of male mormons will still vote for Trump there is a massive amount of mormon women who won't.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Ok, but we're talking about the Mormons who might vote for McMuffin.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

Ok, but we're talking about the Mormons who might vote for McMuffin.

Yeah. If they want to stop Trump they should vote for Clinton. Period.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

MariusLecter posted:

Was the aggro crag greased also?
Absolutely not, that would have been a massive safety violation. It's just really hard to climb an acrylic mountain when you're nine.

Like I said, it looks like three simple monkey pieces on the front, but on the back they're puzzle pieces that have to slot together. All they had to do was swap up Monkey Head A with Monkey Head B. The reason for it to be literally unsolvable was, as I and several other people said, to save on prize money. FCC prize regulations aren't difficult to comply with - it could have been as simple as randomizing which episode got the solvable monkey.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

If only she had better email practices

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Ok, but that's not really responsive to the point that if they can't handle voting Clinton, voting McMufffin is still better.

Particularly because any money or time Trump spends the better.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

A Winner is Jew posted:

My understanding is that while a good portion of male mormons will still vote for Trump there is a massive amount of mormon women who won't.
While I expect a lot of Mormons to vote for Trump, I will give them credit that they will probably not fall for this fatuous bullshit that Trump is apparently now a "baby Christian," or whatever.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So guys where are we gonna tell all the bad posters to go back to now?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

As I recall, McMullin's campaign is basically just an attempt to get mormons to have an alternate to Trump to make Hillary competitive in Utah.

It doesn't appear to be working anymore.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

USPol

:twisted:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

TRP

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

mcmagic posted:

Eh, if enough of them don't vote for Trump and divvy it up between Johnson and McMullan they're effectively doing the same thing as "everyone who's not Mormon" is probably voting for Hilary. Salt Lake actually went for Obama in the last 2 elections.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Nessus posted:

I would not be shocked if part of the reason why all these game shows featured kids was to get around some loophole in these rules.

Well no, they were all kids because Nickelodeon is a channel for kids. Running a bunch of game shows with adult contestants would just be weird.

But everyone who got onto the taping still won some sort of prize regardless of how well they did in the games proper. So the other prizes were just extra stuff.

fishmech fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 21, 2016

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

If you hadn't done a clean sweep of all the previous games sometimes the temple guards would just jump out and make you lose, and it wasn't a failure on your part or a bad decision, they just said "you lose!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

No please don't

• Locked thread