Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Henchman of Santa posted:

I mean the kneeldowns occur during a song specifically about war so I don't see why it's a weird jump

The 3rd verse of which has been cut because it talks about fighting fornthe right to have slaves. There is room for nuance here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

The 3rd verse of which has been cut because it talks about fighting fornthe right to have slaves. There is room for nuance here.

Also being super stoked that they're killing the poo poo out of the slaves fighting for their freedom with the British.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

CyberPingu posted:

I keep reading the comments on Facebook from NFL articles....

Jesus christ im really glad i dont live in the US and can tune most of this out

Imagine those people are your colleagues and family members and... :smith:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The BBC have an article up at the moment:

Kaepernick has been receiving death threats from people. His response was:

"If someone kills me then you know im right"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

CyberPingu posted:

that's a pretty cool response

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Right after I made my post I went to facebook and this was the top of my feed:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

CyberPingu posted:

He talks big, but in the face of danger we know he will run like hell.

Kaep is bad rear end and I like his response.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If it weren't for the fact that it helps me keep in touch with friends from all over, I would've deleted my Facebook a long time ago

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Neil Armbong posted:

A man sees a faraway flag. Great song

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The loving irony of this statement is that members of the military are not generally encouraged or allowed to take public political stances.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

American flag waving high and proud after an American victory over the British Navy in a war started over the impressment of American sailors? Is Colin ok with the brits just kidnapping our sailors?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

He talks big, but in the face of danger we know he will run like hell.

Kaep is bad rear end and I like his response.

I like that the knee jerk response was "yeah but let's see what happens when you need the police!"

CK: "yeah I got death threats no I didn't tell the cops if I die I win"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sneaky fun fact: Trent Baalke has been trying to kill Colin Kaepernick for years.

See: Devey and Pears

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Marshawn Lynch, still cool and good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRTo4xst_x0

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This is fantastic

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Marshawn Lynch is a bodhisattva and his wisdom leads to nirvana.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

WhyteRyce posted:

American flag waving high and proud after an American victory over the British Navy in a war started over the impressment of American sailors? Is Colin ok with the brits just kidnapping our sailors?

When in reality we just was red Canada. Sucks they had to be bitches about it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ron Rivera, head coach of the Carolina Panthers wants people to stop protesting and go vote.

North Carolina, the state that just a month ago had a massive voter suppression law struck down.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Don't think this has been posted yet but another innocent, unarmed black man was shot and killed by police in Oklahoma. And there is video and it is really awful. Here are Brandon Marshalls thoughts.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17599171/brandon-marshall-denver-broncos-where-ire-unarmed-man-shot-police?ex_cid=espnfb

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

Ron Rivera, head coach of the Carolina Panthers wants people to stop protesting and go vote.

North Carolina, the state that just a month ago had a massive voter suppression law struck down.

Well sounds like they'll have no issue voting, then, so we can finally get back to football!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

lol

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/778688748003336193
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/778691076118814720

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Almost like white americans dont want to admit that they might be terrible people

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It's hard to step outside of your upbringing/surroundings sometimes, especially when doing so results in learning stuff that challenges your worldview. I feel like that's a common experience among all races, its just that this particular issue has brought out that discomfort in a particular group

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

It's hard to step outside of your upbringing/surroundings sometimes, especially when doing so results in learning stuff that challenges your worldview. I feel like that's a common experience among all races, its just that this particular issue has brought out that discomfort in a particular group

One of my best friends is completely incapable of seeing past his own life experiences. Both his parents are teachers and he immediately appeals to the authority figure. He's cis, and he has told me just "doesn't understand" trans people. He also can't differentiate between BLM protesters and the opportunist rioters in Ferguson, etc.

He's not stupid, he's not hateful, but he has massive blinders for anything that doesn't match his upbringing. It's fascinating how incapable he is of seeing the other side. Not out of malice but pure inability.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Spoeank posted:

One of my best friends is completely incapable of seeing past his own life experiences. Both his parents are teachers and he immediately appeals to the authority figure. He's cis, and he has told me just "doesn't understand" trans people. He also can't differentiate between BLM protesters and the opportunist rioters in Ferguson, etc.

He's not stupid, he's not hateful, but he has massive blinders for anything that doesn't match his upbringing. It's fascinating how incapable he is of seeing the other side. Not out of malice but pure inability.

So if he cant differentiate between rioters and protestors does he:

a) Think all cops are corrupt
b) Think no cops are corrupt

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

:perfect:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

White people everywhere: More proof black people just don't understand the situation.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

indigi posted:

that's a pretty cool response

He's also a backup so his life is already mostly over

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He's also a backup so his life is already mostly over

A backup to Blaine Gabbert, so he honestly probably wants to be dead.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Coldforge posted:

A backup to Blaine Gabbert, so he honestly probably wants to be dead.

Yeah at this point he'll probably hire the sniper himself

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
If I'm Pittsburgh or New England or even Tampa I'm trading for Kaepernick asap

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Kalli posted:

That's quite the tone-deaf response to what's going on in his city right now.

What exactly are people supposed to "vote" for anyway? Is there a ballot initiative that says "police shall exercise more discretion in shooting citizens" coming up this week?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Richard Sherman might be backing away from that All Lives Matter stance. He refused to take questions at his press conference:

quote:

So today, obviously we’re playing San Fran and they’re a great opponent. They’ve got some weapons. Torrey Smith, Carlos Hyde. They’re running Chip Kelly’s offense. They do a great job. They’ve been getting yards, moving the ball, scoring points. But I’m not going to answer any questions today and it’s no offense to you guys. I think the state of things in the world today is very interesting. I think you have players that are trying to take a stand and trying to be aware of social issue and try to make a stand an increase people’s awareness and put a spotlight on it and they’re being ignored. Whether they’re taking a knee or whether they’re locking arms, they’re trying to bring people together and unite them for a cause. I think the last couple days a couple more guys have gotten shot and killed in the middle of the street. More videos have come out of guys getting killed, and I think people are still missing the point. The reason these guys are kneeling, the reason we’re locking arms is to bring people together to make people aware that this is not right. It’s not right for people to get killed in the street.

I do a lot of community service. I go out there and try to help kids and try to encourage them to be better and to aspire to more. And when you tell a kid, “When you’re dealing with police, just put your hands up and comply with everything,” and there’s still a chance of them getting shot and no repercussions for anyone, that’s an unfortunate time to be living. It’s an unfortunate place to be in. There’s not a lot you can tell a kid. There’s not a lot you can try to inspire ... a person when you say, “We need black fathers to be in the community to stay their for your kids,” but they’re getting killed in the street for nothing, for putting their hands on their cars. And I think that’s the unfortunate part, that’s the unfortunate place that we’re living in. And something needs to be done. And so when a guy takes a knee, you can ignore it. You can say he’s not being patriotic, he’s not honoring the flag. I’m doing none of those things. I’m saying, straight up, this is wrong and we need to do something. So thank you guys, have a blessed day.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

CyberPingu posted:

I keep reading the comments on Facebook from NFL articles....

Jesus christ im really glad i dont live in the US and can tune most of this out

I live in the US and I'm tuning it out just fine :)

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

seiferguy posted:

Richard Sherman might be backing away from that All Lives Matter stance. He refused to take questions at his press conference:

Well played Sherman.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Video of that:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/778788459427328001?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU COME AT ME WITH A SORRY HASHTAG LIKE BLUE LIVES MATTER

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Colin Kaepernick is turning into a goddamn hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

General Dog posted:

I live in the US and I'm tuning it out just fine :)

A white man ignoring black people problems ain't new.

• Locked thread