Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

crapple's done it again

https://m.mic.com/articles/154788/a...hero-carousel:0

quote:

Before he worked for Apple's call center, Ben* had a clean bill of mental health. Now, after about a decade working for the company, Ben has a debilitating fear of telephones. He's tried to kill himself twice.

He says it's all because of the environment at Apple.

"Every time I've been in the hospital and mental ward, there has been another Apple employee with me," Ben, a current employee of the company who is now on long-term disability, told Mic. "And I've been there three times."

"Nobody ever thought it was going to happen before I tried to hang myself," he said.

Ben first attempted suicide in 2011. He said that following his attempt, when someone appeared to be suffering from mental health-related stress within his department, employees and management would refer to it as "Ben-ing out."

"It was openly discussed and used by management, too," he said. "I was in the hospital for suicide help. And nobody can get help because they've stigmatized my situation."

He said that he was at first hesitant to talk because "Apple is huge."

"We've been working on this for five years and we haven't been able to get anyone to help us," he said. "Everyone just looks at you and laughs at you because you're talking about Apple, and Apple is so central and so loved that no one will talk to you."

"It feels like the Catholic church scandal."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

GameCube posted:

what the gently caress is going on at apple???

Tomb Cock

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Linguica posted:

it has worked for me 1 (one) time and then never again

i literally think maybe it was a race condition with my do not disturb time being precisely the same as the go-to-bed notification

hahaha. wow. apple is bad

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
a decade at a call center would make me want to kill myself too

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

eh you know what they say, gotta break a few eggs (employees' brains) to make an omelette (telephone)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

rapeface posted:

(posted with Fireworks)

Sent from Adobe Fireworks.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Baby you're a (posted with Fireworks)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Doc Block posted:

Baby you're a (posted with Fireworks)

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I'm as spergy as they come when it comes to playing classic games in their ~purest form~ but even I draw the line at having a CRT in my living room.

Though lol if anyone finds an LCD acceptable in an arcade cabinet smdh

Also you solve the issue of cords by using the newly released Bluetooth receivers for the NES and snes that work incredibly well and even let you use a PS4 controller or WiiU gamepad.

And you also solve the issue of swapping carts by getting a flash cart.

cool if you're just going to us future technology anyway why not just go all the way and use an emulator

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
There's nothing positive about a wire dangling from the console. There's plenty of positives in using the real hardware. I don't even buy games any more. Just use an sd2snes

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Management posted:

a decade at a call center would make me want to kill myself too

seriously. i spent a couple summers doing that in college and fuuuuuuck that

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

BiohazrD posted:

im gonna post seriously about emulators here for a second

they suck

theres a reason audio nerds obsess over chip tunes and buy old hardware and get program music on a SNES instead of doing it in loving fruity loops of what the gently caress ever

go and buy an SNES, or NES, or whatever you want, buy the games you want to play. if youve got some money to blow get a scaler and do RGB mods on your consoles

if not just go to goodwill an find yourself a nice big CRT tv (they're loving everywhere because nobody will take the things or even recycle them for free)

your nes will never be worth a thousand dollars but itll never depreciate either. dont use a loving emulator

i have too much useless crap in my apartment as it is, and i've been trying to get rid of it.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
of course i don't play video games that much anymore anyways, and old games even less so.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

ArmZ posted:

thinking about pulling the SNES out of the basement and playing super mario world and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R_iW0O_0eA

that's just speedball with new edited sprites, right?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

240p arcade games look like poo poo

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

computer parts posted:

i remember emulator support was the big thing with the PSP way back in 2005 or whatever and i still didn't get it then

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

BiohazrD posted:

its me, im the guy who has $2000 worth of old consoles and games. i even bought clear plastic game cases and used the cover project to give them nice covers

its a cool hobby, my fiance busts out dr mario every once in a while

i played and beat earthbound and super metroid on my open pandora handheld console during my idle time at my job at the video store. can't do that with an emulator

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
video games are for children. as Steve intended.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

y
a b
 x

:whitewater:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gamepark holdings

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

nice one tim, loving lol at this

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

lol that they make a mario branded temple run clone a featured taking point in the latest keynote

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Christ, I hadn't even noticed but yikes

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

maniacdevnull posted:

lol that they make a mario branded temple run clone a featured taking point in the latest keynote

sorry but my interest is in another product

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
why doesnt nintendo make a free to play animal crossing? that game is already "dumb boring bullshit you have to do everyday to progress"-style gameplay with lots of collectables and user customizable stuff, perfect for modern mobile microtransaction bullshit gaming

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

nintendo didn't get into f2p bullshit until really recently

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

creationist believer posted:

why doesnt nintendo make a free to play animal crossing? that game is already "dumb boring bullshit you have to do everyday to progress"-style gameplay with lots of collectables and user customizable stuff, perfect for modern mobile microtransaction bullshit gaming

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
pokemon and animal crossing are different games

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

nintendo also didn't make pokemon go

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Luigi Thirty posted:

nintendo also didn't make pokemon go

no but they're still making money from it

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Linguica fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 22, 2016

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

resurrect stebe

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

works 4 me on my 2011 macbook pro

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
why would you want to use safari

obviously an edge case

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

exploding mummy posted:

better than whatever the gently caress the zune library software was

zune software was awesome

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Shaggar posted:

zune software was awesome

lmao zune

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

holy lol

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

http://iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/16/09/21/apple-allegedly-in-talks-to-buy-self-balancing-motorcycle-outfit-lit-motors

Apple allegedly in talks to buy self-balancing motorcycle outfit Lit Motors

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
wheres the attachment that makes the solid light walls come out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i just asked siri to open something awful dot com and i wish it hadn't!

• Locked thread