Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/53wrwo/meta_the_evocati_nda_breaches_and_rstarcitizen/d7x0bbw

:catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Hang on, there's an unstable branch of the Star Citizen alpha, and it's not the one in the Major Tom videos?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

citizens are currently casting their vote on whether or not to allow Evocati leaks

here are the options:

edit; actually there is an allow all option. So far the "not allow at all's" have it.

I already registered /r/starcitizen_leaks for when they inevitably decide to kick out the leakers.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Must be a early alpha proto beta config file that was let out on mistake.

whoops

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Trapezium Dave posted:

Hang on, there's an unstable branch of the Star Citizen alpha, and it's not the one in the Major Tom videos?

Major Tom plays the "Live" patch versions.

There are two, even more unstable iterations that come before this, like the nested circles of dante's inferno. The Evocati is the first one, it is so excruciatingly terrible that they had all the testers sign an NDA to prevent embarrassing footage from floating around. In other words they made it specifically to prevent Major Tom from getting to them.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tokamak posted:

over 80% of backers voted to remove NDA content from /r/starcitizen. please respect the wishes of the majority.

Meanwhile, spy photographers grabbing pictures of camo cars and celebrities is a thriving business.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

quote:

Breaking NDA is antagonistic. It's also short-sighted (should CIG close up further). It's caustic to the idea of open development.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

they already removed the strawpoll from the post lol.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11275994

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Breaking NDA is antagonistic. It's also short-sighted (should CIG close up further). It's caustic to the idea of open development.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

:allears:

One day, he will realize that Star Citizen only exists as hype. Today is probably not that day.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Major Tom plays the "Live" patch versions.

There are two, even more unstable iterations that come before this, like the nested circles of dante's inferno. The Evocati is the first one, it is so excruciatingly terrible that they had all the testers sign an NDA to prevent embarrassing footage from floating around. In other words they made it specifically to prevent Major Tom from getting to them.
I get having an in-house build that is a real mess, but why have two public builds? What are the Evocati testing for that they can't do in-house?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Trapezium Dave posted:

I get having an in-house build that is a real mess, but why have two public builds? What are the Evocati testing for that they can't do in-house?

unpaid labour

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Trapezium Dave posted:

I think there are a couple reasons. One is that they've correctly observed that there are a portion of the fanbase that are willing to do it for free so they might as well take advantage of it. The other is that it allows them to draw out each patch release over a longer period of time.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Don't tell me the Evocati are downloading a 100GB daily build. :gonk:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/53x6fd/so_is_this_now_officially_the_first_stretch_goal/

lol there is not a chance in hell chris actually remembers ever promising this.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Does anyone at CIG even check their Kickstarter page anymore? The comments are full of angry backers and Derek Smart.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
it doesn't matter anymore everyone signed away rights and accountability.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
gently caress no, the original backers are caustic to the idea of open development and dreams.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

PoorMoralCompass posted:

All stupidity, all the time. Cute animal pics. We have it all.
This is the best thread in SA.

:same:

If there is no stupidity, we will generate it ourselves!

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

The Titanic posted:

These are the next best. :allears:

"We have the most open development ever! We will show you EVERYTHING!"

*NDA's everything. Secret evocati testing*

And the backers think it's ok! I love their community! It's literally the most easy going, money filled community in gaming history I think.

Of course the sad part is the reason they are upset about these breaches. The people breaking the NDA's and evocati junk are saying the game still sucks. :(

Are NDAs that are just glorified TOS anymore of a "legally binding agreement" than said terms of service agreements?

I remember back in the day when there was a new MMO beta coming out every other week I'd signed up for some that had actual NDAs that required me to sign something and send it back. Though I don't think i ever did because I was like fifteen and that sounded like a bad idea to just play some lovely mmo beta for a month

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Trapezium Dave posted:

Does anyone at CIG even check their Kickstarter page anymore? The comments are full of angry backers and Derek Smart.

Now why would they do a silly thing like that. The real money is from selling dreams from their website directly.

Also, the real reason for two public builds in my mind is that the PTU (middle layer of the onion) is accessible to people who pay CIG for their 10$ monthly subscription process.

Edit: Also, did Derek change this threads title to quote himself?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

D1E posted:

Where is the "burn leakers at a stake" option?

No poll needed, it's a given with them.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Trapezium Dave posted:

Yep. The unstable branch is /r/starcitizen. Seriously think it's time it was pruned.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Drunk Theory posted:

Edit: Also, did Derek change this threads title to quote himself?

Thread skimmer spotted.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

... The other is that it allows them to draw out each patch release over a longer period of time.

That's about the only reason I can think of for why they are even doing anything with 2.6 at all, considering the 3.0 jesus patch is due. Can't say we've ever worked on debugging a less complete build whenever we've had a "better" build well under way and "playable" (snort).

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

"We must let the most open video game developer of all time hide all their stuff from us."

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Quavers posted:

10 for the delayed Chairman is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2SBYtj9pis

e: it's dull
Chris Roberts: "You can be a skinhead!"

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I loving love Star Citizen. Please consider buying a saber today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

no finer vessel...

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

It would be a real shame if CIG released 2.5 and it was a buggy mess. Thank god for those unpaid testers.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sandweed posted:

"We must let the most open video game developer of all time hide all their stuff from us."

Yet they get news from a German magazine.

Evocati

Issue Council

Concierge Service

Truly breaking the ground.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Nobody ever said Chris doesn't know his audience

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

And this is why I can't stand mods outside of SA, they never follow their own rules. How the gently caress is Lethality free to post 200 times a day and half the dozen posts I made last month weren't approved. And I mean, really tame poo poo as

Since both of us have -100 karma either they are moderating people by name rather than karma or they actually approve all the poo poo Lethality writes post by post.

Time to open up a report for the mods.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

"here's this years soon to be broken promises!"

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
do you think i'd pay tens of thousands of dollars to listen to reality you stupid cunts? if you don't shield me from everything but scripted dreams delivered by a fat guy and the lizard creature head of marketing i will take my business elsewhere. if i have to question why they haven't perfected a flight model after 5 years one more time i am loving done.

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

Lackadaisical Phraseologist

Tokamak posted:

unpaid labour

Oh hey, my wife did that once.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

I'm looking forward to Mission 1.0 myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm all about Subsumption 1.0, myself.

• Locked thread