Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Shitizens seem to think that if somebody else signed an NDA, that makes it wrong for people who didn't sign one to discuss a leak. Which is weird.

I expect they apply this righteousness only to CIG though.

e: catte tax

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Jimeth posted:

Oh hey, my wife did that once.

Your wife probably does that every day. PS: random flowers are good.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Major Tom plays the "Live" patch versions.

There are two, even more unstable iterations that come before this, like the nested circles of dante's inferno. The Evocati is the first one, it is so excruciatingly terrible that they had all the testers sign an NDA to prevent embarrassing footage from floating around. In other words they made it specifically to prevent Major Tom from getting to them.

No it's made specifically to avoid hiring people to do internal testing. Get your facts straight you salty asshat goonie.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

trucutru posted:

No it's made specifically to avoid hiring people to do internal testing. Get your facts straight you salty asshat goonie.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ShabbyAggressiveChimneyswift.webm

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

This is a good catte.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Ghostlight posted:

I'm all about Subsumption 1.0, myself.

Drunk Theory posted:

I'm looking forward to Mission 1.0 myself.

It's not technical debt if it's been on a ppt slide! :downs:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
This will probably be a bit of a leap for this thread, but looking through that Evocati leak thread I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the star citizen community is full of insanely dumb retards.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

A Neurotic Jew posted:

This will probably be a bit of a leap for this thread, but looking through that Evocati leak thread I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the star citizen community is full of insanely dumb retards.

I would give CIG $5,000 dollars for their mailing list. Not joking.

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

Lackadaisical Phraseologist

Raskolnikov posted:

Your wife probably does that every day. PS: random flowers are good.

Indeed, but doing half the unpaid labour means more.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the star citizen community is full of insanely dumb retards.

"Starting to" huh?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

:pgabz: :reddit: :pgabz:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

I don't believe any human being can.

L-O-L, how old are you?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Source your quotes.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Wise Learned Man posted:

Shitizens seem to think that if somebody else signed an NDA, that makes it wrong for people who didn't sign one to discuss a leak. Which is weird.

I expect they apply this righteousness only to CIG though.

e: catte tax

Every time I see a cat with dwarfism, a nightmare future opens up before me in which cats are specialty bred to the point of having a wide variety of debilitating genetic conditions which severely impact their health and function. AKA what we did to dogs.

Like, they cute and all, but goddamn people should stop breeding for them. Them and those Sphynx hairless cats that require daily lotioning or their skin will crack apart.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So after watching 10ftc: what tier you all think Sandi's head will be in the pipeline? Tier 2? Tier 1? Naaaah, will totally be Tier 0 ;)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

BTW: what happened to John-Rys Davis? He was listed as one of the actors and during that spectacular gameplay session last year he also should have skyped in. He wasn't mentioned for ages when they go through all the brilliant actors they got for SQ42.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

BTW: what happened to John-Rys Davis? He was listed as one of the actors and during that spectacular gameplay session last year he also should have skyped in. He wasn't mentioned for ages when they go through all the brilliant actors they got for SQ42.

he died on the mocap stage and chris covered it up

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

tuo posted:

Here he is, acting out the T-pose:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Iglocska posted:

Retreading ancient and well-trodden ground here, but yeh. Far future sci-fi, aliens, quantum travel, unexplored worlds with unimaginable flora and fauna, nano-technology. But what do we design for clothes in this fantastical future? Eeeeeh, let's dress him in a ballcap, dad-shirt and a leather jacket from 1938.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Iglocska posted:

The similarity is striking...

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Erenthal posted:

Retreading ancient and well-trodden ground here, but yeh. Far future sci-fi, aliens, quantum travel, unexplored worlds with unimaginable flora and fauna, nano-technology. But what do we design for clothes in this fantastical future? Eeeeeh, let's dress him in a ballcap, dad-shirt and a leather jacket from 1938.

Elite has Remlock suits that are basically Crysis exoskeletons without the "phat".

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=dcbf6b86b4b0c7d1c21b73b1e&id=f703580f39

no_recall fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Sep 22, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I'm glad that in this setting the Earth that fell into a one world government Romanophile fascist dictatorship and is supposed to still be heavily influenced by neo-classicism gets all its cultural cues from 1940s America.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Erenthal posted:

How the head commando imagines himself

Only registered members can see post attachments!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
:downsbravo:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z0J-5cKhWw

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
TALI IN TWO PLACES AT ONCE

1 Fly Tali from grim hex to Port Olisar
2 Quantom jump to no destination after being shot by crusader police.
3 wait 5 seconds and exit pilot seat

ACTUAL RESULT
when you exit the Pilots seat the tali will now be back at Grim Hex. You can exit the ship and walk around. then you can enter the ship again get in the pilot seat and fly the ship again as if it was in space.

EXPECTED RESULT
Once you leave the pilot seat the Tali is transported instantly back to Grim hex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Ekm5RaPe8

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

ACTUAL RESULT
when you exit the Pilots seat the tali will now be back at Grim Hex. You can exit the ship and walk around. then you can enter the ship again get in the pilot seat and fly the ship again as if it was in space.

EXPECTED RESULT
Once you leave the pilot seat the Tali is transported instantly back to Grim hex.

You know who else could be in two places at once? Jesus-patch confirmed!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT

64-bit positioning really paid off

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

You know it's a Chris Roberts game because most of the view area is blocked out by screens and terrible ui.

Another clue is that the game is poo poo.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

AP posted:

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT

:drat:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

64-bit positioning really paid off

You don't understand - the Jesus patch will save us all

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Drunk Theory posted:

Edit: Also, did Derek change this threads title to quote himself?

Of course he did.

Thread title is terrible. Please change it.

This is just chris roberts version of taking ambien and buying a bunch of poo poo off amazon. Except rather than a load of junk turning up at his door three days later, he's adding tens of millions in engineering debt every time he opens his gob.

Erenthal posted:

Be fair. Crobber did spend an entire day dictating the design of that jacket to a downtrodden underling. You don't see that sort of dedication and fidelity in your kiddie CoD games.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Sep 22, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

And this is why I can't stand mods outside of SA, they never follow their own rules. How the gently caress is Lethality free to post 200 times a day and half the dozen posts I made last month weren't approved. And I mean, really tame poo poo as

Since both of us have -100 karma either they are moderating people by name rather than karma or they actually approve all the poo poo Lethality writes post by post.

How much have you pledged to Star Citizen in the past 30 days? Well then, there's your answer.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

alphabettitouretti posted:

Thread title is terrible. Please change it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

citizens are currently casting their vote on whether or not to allow Evocati leaks

here are the options:

edit; actually there is an allow all option. So far the "not allow at all's" have it.

This has nothing to do with an NDA. They're just embarrassed that Avocado leaks will cast the game in a poor light. This despite the fact that, being in pre-Alpha, it has every excuse and reason to be poo poo. Even if we're making fun of them for only having this poo poo five years and $124 million later.

What they SHOULD be pissed about is the fact that an Avocado actually exists, when in fact ALL of them have paid for the game and are entitled to it.

But still, I agree that if someone signed an NDA in order to be part of an exclusive test team, then they shouldn't break it.

Best open development ever.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lol if you were ever a big enough tool to think to yourself "wow, I would love another Wing Commander" and pledged to this game or, worse, complained about the title of an internet forum thread.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostlight posted:

lol if you were ever a big enough tool to think to yourself "wow, I would love another Wing Commander" and pledged to this game or, worse, complained about the title of an internet forum thread.

:siren: Marching Powder alt spotted! :siren:

janssendalt
May 7, 2015
guys stop
this game is coming out
and it's gonna be the best

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I've watched a Twitter I follow go from 'I hope Derek Smart's head explodes when he sees how awesome SC is' go to 'I should reinstall ED because SC has a broken-rear end alpha while ED is an actual game' in the space (pardon the pun) of a few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Thread titles are serious loving business pal

• Locked thread