Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Hey folks!

In case you hadn't heard, October's Chipod Ironicast will be recorded with a live audience at the 2nd Annual ValorCon! https://valorcon2016.sched.org/event/8EfJ/chipod-ironicast-live-podcast

I encourage anybody who's in the Chicago area that day to check it out, we'd love to see you. Chip and Voidburger are coming in for a bit of the show, and I'll be there all three days and running some RPG sessions, two of which still have available seats: https://valorcon2016.sched.org/speaker/general_ironicus.1vo4v4g3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I finished rewatching all of the Uncharted 3 LP and now I'm here to yell at Chip for being a drat dirty liar. We never got those Uncharted 3 mp videos.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xinder posted:

I finished rewatching all of the Uncharted 3 LP and now I'm here to yell at Chip for being a drat dirty liar. We never got those Uncharted 3 mp videos.

:monocle:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Xinder posted:

luckily you can STILL get matches to this day so there's still time

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Xinder posted:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Xinder posted:

Mods?

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that

xinder posted:

I have no idea what you're talking abou-LOOK AN UPDATE WOW!!!!!

Episode 7: Monk House.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Sully's poor face at the beginning. He just cares so much.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Finally I get to post this webm I've been sitting on for a month!

https://puu.sh/rgPSV/8251dda6f9.webm

Technology!!

edit: Gripplebip.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 22, 2016

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
More satisfying gravel slidin' physics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2heTRh9WQwI

Edit: Gah! Two minutes too slow!

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
When Sam and Nate lifted up that gate to the dormitory I was totally expecting Nadine and/or Rafe with a squad of goons to be standing on the other side guns at the ready.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Finally I get to post this webm I've been sitting on for a month!

https://puu.sh/rgPSV/8251dda6f9.webm

Technology!!

DialTheDude posted:

More satisfying gravel slidin' physics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2heTRh9WQwI

Edit: Gah! Two minutes too slow!

God drat, the physics in this game moves my heart in such a way that is not physics-based. In a good non-physics-based movement way. So much so that I have completely forgotten about the multiplayer videos Chip forgot to record for UC3.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ahh, finally, the return of Drake's favorite gag

http://i.imgur.com/rSbgdxk.mp4

Sair
May 11, 2007

You weren't kidding about the Indiana Jones references.

Doc Lunarwind
Mar 22, 2005
"what is he doing on that plane?" - Do you really want to know what Sully does when alone Ironicus? Really Ironicus, really?

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Doc Lunarwind posted:

"what is he doing on that plane?" - Do you really want to know what Sully does when alone Ironicus? Really Ironicus, really?

Sully's existence is like light: Both omnipresent and a single person. Sully's never truly alone, and you're never truly away from Sully.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I really love the environment design in this stage. For a lot of it, it really does often feel like Scotland which I rarely see depicted fairly accurately. It reminds me a lot of when I used to travel out of the city with some friends. There was also a lot of jumping and sliding, and so many caves that it made the ground feel hollow. This chapter was really fun for me.

Fortunately, we never did run into a private military with exclusive rights to the neighborhood.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I will never get over my annoyance at them never closing the secret loving entrances behind them. Like, at least once, them leaving the doors wide open has lead to the bad guys coming waltzing in after them. If Drake just took a second to close poo poo behind him he could have avoided so much trouble.
And, with all the things you can do in this game, I suppose they haven't added the option to cover your tracks, have they? Because that is the one feature I would want in a game like this.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
That's why any self-respecting figure of history equipped their secret lairs with self-destruction mechanisms. :colbert:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Thesaya posted:

I will never get over my annoyance at them never closing the secret loving entrances behind them. Like, at least once, them leaving the doors wide open has lead to the bad guys coming waltzing in after them. If Drake just took a second to close poo poo behind him he could have avoided so much trouble.
And, with all the things you can do in this game, I suppose they haven't added the option to cover your tracks, have they? Because that is the one feature I would want in a game like this.

Given these are ancient mechanisms that are built to stay closed, would you want to risk getting locked in with the treasure and whatever ancient evil protects it?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

double nine posted:

Given these are ancient mechanisms that are built to stay closed, would you want to risk getting locked in with the treasure and whatever ancient evil protects it?

Does The Mummy count as the closest we've gotten to an Uncharted movie?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

You mean other than Indiana Jones?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

double nine posted:

You mean other than Indiana Jones?

I'd argue that O'Connell is closer to Drake than Indy is. He mixes the "roguish handsome" style with more overt comedy and a more youthful appearance. Indy's sense of humor is much more understated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta80dsMPsYM

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I love the realistically rendered melting snow and pools of ice in the depressions with grass visible underneath. drat this game is so pretty.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

double nine posted:

Well, they could still close it when they leave

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
For some reason, I think the pirate gravestone with "Turner" on it is a PotC reference.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'll have you know that shoving things up pig's rectums is only a tradition in the Cameron Clan.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'll have you know that shoving things up pig's rectums is only a tradition in the Cameron Clan.

Hey! He used the mouth!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think someone should go back through and get a counter running for every time a hand hold you climb on any fashion gives way and you almost fall to your inevitable death but don't and see if it comes out higher than Nate's kill count for the game.

(say, a pole you swing on falls out of the wall almost, or the window ledge breaks off but you drop and you hang on a gap one nate length below)

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 22, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's definitely lower than his killcount. But it is a recurring thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, I really wish the game had some good mook chatter like the Arkham Asylum games. And I'm kinda getting sold on the idea of everyone regarding Nathan Drake as a Samus Aran figure.

'The Grunter has come to Scotland, already, three mountains have crumbled.'

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
In case you didn't know (I'm sure you did!), that thing you picked up wasn't a bullet vibrator- it was a seal used for old-style mailing. It's a big heavy weight on top of an intricate seal you'd stamp on molten wax to seal your letters and confirm where they came from.

It looks like a bunch of the graves in that cemetery are Pirates of the Caribbean references.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Those two guards weren't discussing military coups, they were talking about Highland cows!

(It is a Scots joke.)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

At the beginning the seaplane (Sully sure loves his seaplanes*) sitting in the completely still and unanimated sea really stood out to me. Its odd given the entire game has looked amazing otherwise.

* Seaplanes are a good choice for adventuring aircraft tbh.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

* Seaplanes are a good choice for adventuring aircraft tbh.
Nothing better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdFN6agkNnQ

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Man, how much has Rafe invested in this operation? He must've spent way more than some pirate could have tucked away a couple hundred years ago.

I mean I guess there's some kind of pirate superweapon in the treasure like there always is, but how should Rafe and a Mexican druglord know that without Nate catching on?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

Man, how much has Rafe invested in this operation? He must've spent way more than some pirate could have tucked away a couple hundred years ago.

I mean I guess there's some kind of pirate superweapon in the treasure like there always is, but how should Rafe and a Mexican druglord know that without Nate catching on?

Nate already knows, he just hasn't mentioned it because Sam would freak out.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Rafe doesn't care if he makes a profit off of this. He's in it for the glory.

Druglord isn't paying a dime for this: he just sent Sam loose and is hoping for the best. It's a win-win for him, regardless of what happens.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I saw a Sutherland grave next to that of Lord Promoter McMahon and thought "Huh, Zanzibar Land was in Scotland the whole time".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
drat this game is pretty.

Pretty bad at spelling. :downsrim:

(Looks like Nate forgot the "i before e except after c" rule in his journal. I know, it's probably intentional.)

• Locked thread