Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Davros1 posted:

I was hoping it was Alex Riley.
You really think Riley would have thought they were calling him in to give him a raise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Riley probably thought they were making him President.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

AMReese posted:

You really think Riley would have thought they were calling him in to give him a raise?

With everything I've read about Riley? Absolutely.

RAGE RILEY!!!

I'm surprised Vince hasn't called up No Way Jose yet. That seems like a tailored made Vince gimmick.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There was very little talk online about NXT TV the last 2-3 weeks will be interesting to see if there's a post-CWC uptick in interest or did the CWC manage to hurt NXT just by comparison for a long time to come.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

rovert posted:

There was very little talk online about NXT TV the last 2-3 weeks will be interesting to see if there's a post-CWC uptick in interest or did the CWC manage to hurt NXT just by comparison for a long time to come.

I'm trying to figure out what you mean by that last bit. Are you saying less people might watch NXT because of the CWC? Wouldn't that draw people in, due to having a few NXT guys in?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's saying the quality of the cwc and having 2-3 blow-away matches every week could make the green nxt people and the old school booking look bad by comparison

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ScottDawsonWWE/status/778735372939374592

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm glad NXT kept the "GET BETTER SECURITY" clip.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Joe breaking HIPAA regulations, what a heel

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Christ, Cien overshadowed AGAIN.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just tuned in and Asuka was smiling at Liv Morgan, I can only assume this means only friendly and good things in the future!

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Liv gonna get killt

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

keevo posted:

I'm glad NXT kept the "GET BETTER SECURITY" clip.

Joe was leaning out the passenger side window, right? I wanna know who was driving the car.

Unless it was just Rikishi again

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

he's saying the quality of the cwc and having 2-3 blow-away matches every week could make the green nxt people and the old school booking look bad by comparison

Coherently booked tournaments rule because they invest every match with meaning, which is often sorely lacking in the WWE product and why NJPW and CMLL are the best major promotions. CMLL booking is laughably nonexistent much of the year but their tournaments have all had logical winners.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 22, 2016

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Come on Biff those machine gun chops were pathetic

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

boy, this is a match between two people I like a lot that is somehow weirdly bad

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Aries has some serious Titus O'Neil gut

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Oney keeps teasing going back to his roots:

https://twitter.com/_StarDESTROYER/status/778751508590518272

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Dan Matha, WWOWWWWW :vinceflex:

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Nathan jones is looking good

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Great, let's do the Mason Ryan thing again.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

lets all hope and pray that this is the angle in which ONEY gets a new name

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Glad to see a Pitt Oline man from the early 2000s doing something else

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

wow Aliyah still isn't there as far as movement goes, but she has improved her offense a ton.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Is this the first time Andrade has worn an Ingobernables logo on WWE programming?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Why aren't they calling it the Lumbar Check?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

wow Aliyah still isn't there as far as movement goes, but she has improved her offense a ton.

Her look and music are better now too. Inexperienced or not, I think I can buy her as an underdog type now, which is something I'm not seeing at all in Liv Morgan, for example.

I'm still loving Billie Kay's entrance but that's about it.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Is Cedric in NXT or on RAW? Had they not decided to call him up to RAW when this episode was taped?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Happy Happyist posted:

I'm trying to figure out what you mean by that last bit. Are you saying less people might watch NXT because of the CWC? Wouldn't that draw people in, due to having a few NXT guys in?

He's probably referring to the fact that people were skipping NXT due to burnout and wanting to watch the CWC.

It's what I've been doing, at least. I can only take so much wrestling in a week.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

rovert posted:

More talk of it online at least compared to Lucha Underground at least

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Is Cedric in NXT or on RAW? Had they not decided to call him up to RAW when this episode was taped?

The cruisers are apparently working both Raw and NXT. Also the plan was for them to tour with NXT and not the main roster, but that last part was weeks ago so who knows.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm just not really excited for Joe Nakamura 2 and all the vitality and surprise of R Evolution NXT has seemingly departed for Smackdown LIVE!

I just want a show to root for, dang it

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Like I want to root for Andrade, but I just don't think NXT has the juice (let alone the willingness) to get him over when the TNA guys and the title pictures eat up all the TV time. We scoffed at Rovert when he went hard against Eric Young but I see where he came from now. At least one of these older big name guys should be putting younger talent over and building them toward the main event. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Like I want to root for Andrade, but I just don't think NXT has the juice (let alone the willingness) to get him over when the TNA guys and the title pictures eat up all the TV time. We scoffed at Rovert when he went hard against Eric Young but I see where he came from now. At least one of these older big name guys should be putting younger talent over and building them toward the main event. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I got nostalgic when they played a hype video for a Performance Center guy:

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/778752974365483009

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Andrade would really benefit from a heel turn. Teaming him up with Cedric, then turning him after a loss would be the easy and cliche way to do it, but at least it's something to shake him up.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
the best part of that PC guy's promo was when they cut from the imposing, dramatic shots of his muscles and him pumping iron to his tiny baby head and plump kissable lips

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Baron Corbyn posted:

Andrade would really benefit from a heel turn. Teaming him up with Cedric, then turning him after a loss would be the easy and cliche way to do it, but at least it's something to shake him up.

Definitely, he was working a bit heelish at Takeover and looked way better.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i still don't care about oney lorcan but he hasn't done anything yet and 'oney' isn't a real name

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
In case you missed it, they added Cedric Alexander, Rich Swann, and Gran Metalik's entrance themes to their WWEMusic YouTube channel. For relevancy, here's Cedric's theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9iYE2hupZE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So what's Dan Matha's story? And how many times do I have to type it before my phone doesn't autocorrect Matha to Martha?

• Locked thread