Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Family members get claims on your poo poo I never land family, I don't even marry anyone who will continue the line unless it's absolutely necessary. I like a properly trimmed family tree
Man, you would have hated my restored Persian Empire + Middle East

literally every county ruled by a family member, which only married other family members

Thousands of dynasty members, all of them loving each other. It was glorious

Also; it's kinda loving bullshit how now even if I'm the nomad landing poo poo, nomad agitation doesn't leave. I am landing the goddamn priest! Why is the nomad agitation happening??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

catlord posted:

If there's still time to make suggestions, I have one. Searching by culture/religion in the character finder? Maybe it's just because I have mods, but sometimes I want to see every character of a certain culture, just to see how it's doing.

I hope they are. I'd be all over that.

Same but Dominions. Or buy out Sovereignty and redo it with a decent map and CK2 traits.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
I have failed the immortality questline 12 times now, I'm never going to be immortal. :shepicide:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Mr. Showtime posted:

I'd like a button to reset all the filters in the character finder.

I'd kill for the game to remember my last character finder settings and/or set its defaults.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

A Tartan Tory posted:

I have failed the immortality questline 12 times now, I'm never going to be immortal. :shepicide:

When I finally got it to stick, it was with a eunuch character. He's been going for three hundred years now, and in addition to no balls, he's now missing an eye, a hand, a leg and half his face. My empire is booming, though (a complete lack of succession crises will do that), and dude has a parrot to keep him company :unsmith:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

When I finally got it to stick, it was with a eunuch character. He's been going for three hundred years now, and in addition to no balls, he's now missing an eye, a hand, a leg and half his face. My empire is booming, though (a complete lack of succession crises will do that), and dude has a parrot to keep him company :unsmith:

My goal is still go get a gavelkind, immortal Jain ruler with the stewardship event chain for it.

Pretty sure I can break 20 demesne!

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Darkrenown posted:

It's never too late!

I didn't see this commented on in the DD but was the number of children and traits for an immortal character UI ever addressed or discussed?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I just created the Kingdom titles for Wales, England, Scotland and Ireland but didn't get the achievement. Is it because I formed Britannia first?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

TheCIASentMe posted:

I didn't see this commented on in the DD but was the number of children and traits for an immortal character UI ever addressed or discussed?

Yeah, but it's going to have to wait for 2.7.

I dunno if anyone saw my post on the PDS forum, but turns out we have a crash in our patch, so we may well do an open beta patch tomorrow instead of the full thing.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Darkrenown posted:

I dunno if anyone saw my post on the PDS forum, but turns out we have a crash in our patch, so we may well do an open beta patch tomorrow instead of the full thing.

Just more room in general for traits, modifiers, decisions, etc would be great. Not just for CK2, but all Paradox games.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Yeah, all of them are high on my list, for CK2 anyway.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Not strictly a UI change but I'd genuinely pay for a way to set remembered responses to pop-up events. Most times I finish a game is from quitting over relentless pop-up spam.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Current blob status: really good.

Really need to deal with those disgusting Byzantine holdings though. I just discovered that my son had become the duke of Mercia, so I vassalized that little poo poo after helping him in a war for Powys.

Trying to get imperial administration here, but I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

quote:

Mystics bringing promises of eternal life are more likely to be frauds
Is that all the mystics, because them turning out to be a fraud at the end is like the most disappointing outcome. :|

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Darkrenown posted:

Ok, thanks!

Strudel Man posted:

Is that all the mystics, because them turning out to be a fraud at the end is like the most disappointing outcome. :|

I would hope that the fraud outcome has a high chance of FUN side effects.

Which actually reminds me, could traits that have a periodic cycle be implemented? For example, let's say you made a hulk trait that would for a period of time add to strength and take away from learning but then after a set period of time or a random period of time the trait would revert to an inactive state. Or an alter state that could be something else completely.

An example of a non-fantasy trait would be herpes. The character would have a flare up and the active herpes trait would surface and then after a random number of months the trait would flip to a dormant herpes trait. These two traits would have different effects, let's say the active trait had -2 diplomacy, -15% fertility, and -1 health, while the inactive trait could have -15% fertility and -1 health.

Edit: I do realize you could sorta do this with events that constantly point to one another but that could get messy and buggy real drat quick.

TheCIASentMe fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 21, 2016

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

TheCIASentMe posted:

Ok, thanks!

Which actually reminds me, could traits that have a periodic cycle be implemented? For example, let's say you made a hulk trait that would for a period of time add to strength and take away from learning but then after a set period of time or a random period of time the trait would revert to an inactive state. Or an alter state that could be something else completely.

An example of a non-fantasy trait would be herpes. The character would have a flare up and the active herpes trait would surface and then after a random number of months the trait would flip to a dormant herpes trait. These two traits would have different effects, let's say the active trait had -2 diplomacy, -15% fertility, and -1 health, while the inactive trait could have -15% fertility and -1 health.

Edit: I do realize you could sorta do this with events that constantly point to one another but that could get messy and buggy real drat quick.

Well, you'd want something to tell that it flipped so there'd be some event there either way

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
I think you could event that pretty easily. Just have a hidden event that fires one of two visible events on a delay. Each of the visible events would give one trait and remove the other as well as firing the hidden event. The hidden event would fire the event for the trait you don't have on a delay. You could even do it with just the two visible events firing each other on a delay, although you'd need to edit the timing in two events when tweaking that way.

In other news, I am working late to finish this for the patch:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkrenown posted:

Well, that's fantastic. Lunatic Immortal event, I take it?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Immortal yes, lunatic no. Although it's much less likely to be Incitatus if you don't have horse courtiers.

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003

A Tartan Tory posted:

Were you reloading from the same character? Your mystic may have been a fraud...

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

TheCIASentMe posted:

It doesn't, in general. It just makes you (almost certain to) fail on the final test.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

A Tartan Tory posted:

gavelkind, immortal ruler

The ultimate trolling.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Fall Sick and Die posted:

Were you reloading from the same character? Your mystic may have been a fraud...

Nope, these are were all separate events.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I don't even...

So how does cutting my hand off cure my flu, exactly?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Technowolf posted:

I don't even...

It distracts you from your symptoms long enough that the flu goes away on its own.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Technowolf posted:

I don't even...
Court physicians turning into bigger players is amazing. A Norse culture Germanic religion physician became regent for an infant duchess in England. At age 6 he obviously gives her the heritage focus and flips her to Norse Germanic.

Its going to end in a wet fart of a forced conversion but seeing the Germanic coat of arms border in the middle of England in the 1100s brought a smile to my face.

Darth Llama
Aug 13, 2004

Technowolf posted:

I don't even...

Probably the same way that human breast milk cured my characters cancer...

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Positive thinking!

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

The Placebo Affect, clearly.

I mean if you are willing to give up an eye to beat the Flu...

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Drinking mercury cured my cancer once, so anything is possible. :v:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I wish it were easier to tell other countries' relative strength compared to yours. There's so many different places in the interface you have to check to assess how many troops another country could potentially bring out in a war, and then you declare and they pull an extra 7k troops out of their butt anyway.

It'd also be nice to have some feedback on what won or lost you a battle, beyond the obvious "you invaded over a river/into a mountain range" icons. Sometimes I get into a battle with a slight numerical advantage, on the plains, with no river crossing, and handpicked commanders with solid traits...and I lose, for no apparent reason.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

zedprime posted:

Court physicians turning into bigger players is amazing. A Norse culture Germanic religion physician became regent for an infant duchess in England. At age 6 he obviously gives her the heritage focus and flips her to Norse Germanic.

Its going to end in a wet fart of a forced conversion but seeing the Germanic coat of arms border in the middle of England in the 1100s brought a smile to my face.

i saw what i guess was a court physician straight up became sultan of syria

muslim celibate anglo-saxon genius was something of a badass

sadly i killed him

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My immortal, lunatic, multiple amputee, mangled emperor got a prosthetic leg that gave him the confidence to ask a girl to dance, and they fell in love :3: Not sure what that'll do, exactly, but dude's had a lonely few centuries, so good for him.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Last time, my Court Physician cured me of Syphilis by slicing off my face.
This time, my Court Physician cured me of typhus by making me run naked through the woods during a full moon.

No pain, no gain, eh?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Mystic physicians are useful, as their treatments can outright cure you of otherwise incurable diseases at the cost of mental traits instead of loss of limbs.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Strudel Man posted:

Mystic physicians are useful, as their treatments can outright cure you of otherwise incurable diseases at the cost of mental traits instead of loss of limbs.

Oh wow, I did not know that. That's good to know.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Strudel Man posted:

I had a mystic treat my generic illness by cutting off my hand once (and yes I did select the mystic treatment option) so it's not a sure thing. :v:

On the plus side, I didn't get "severely injured" along with it like you seem to with a normal physican.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Pakled posted:

I had a mystic treat my generic illness by cutting off my hand once (and yes I did select the mystic treatment option) so it's not a sure thing. :v:

On the plus side, I didn't get "severely injured" along with it like you seem to with a normal physican.
Hm, so it can. That's the one exception, it would seem.

quote:

The room was lit up only by the flame of a candle. Facing the westward window, [FromFrom.GetTitledFirstName] painted your nails with drops of oil. You felt a heat on your skin as [FromFrom.GetSheHe] moved your hand towards the flame. "Do not fret, my [Root.GetLordLady]. By the wisdom of [Root.Religion.GetRandomGodName], you shall be cleansed."

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Crusader Kings II: By the wisdom of [Root.Religion.GetRandomGodName]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Darkrenown posted:

I think you could event that pretty easily. Just have a hidden event that fires one of two visible events on a delay. Each of the visible events would give one trait and remove the other as well as firing the hidden event. The hidden event would fire the event for the trait you don't have on a delay. You could even do it with just the two visible events firing each other on a delay, although you'd need to edit the timing in two events when tweaking that way.

I'm curious: Can you actually have positive relations with other immortal characters, or is it all Highlander, all the time? In my current game, I'm going through the centuries with my loyal also-immortal mystic at my side. I like to think that the two of us have grown quite emotionally dependent on each other, as everyone else we befriend and invest our feelings in is doomed to eventually die.

It would be nice to sometimes also have a small circle of immortal superfriends at the end of the game instead of only the constant struggle that these screenshots hint at. :shobon:

• Locked thread