Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Why do people play Lucie in 2v2, like she's such a worthless hero if they have even a single gap close or a way to keep you slowed down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

Why do people play Lucie in 2v2, like she's such a worthless hero if they have even a single gap close or a way to keep you slowed down

Lucie is really dangerous, I saw it on streams

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
A Lucie who can reliably land Panic Flasks is insanely annoying to take down in 2v2. She's more of a liability in 3v3 where there aren't enough disables to go around.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Rook pretty gud hero. Lots of fun.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rook me all night long.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Croak is a fucker.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Eskimo lady seems quite strong and boomerang lady sucks my butt. Game is fun tho I hope it doesn't die.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fadam posted:

Eskimo lady seems quite strong and boomerang lady sucks my butt. Game is fun tho I hope it doesn't die.

Eskimo lady?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Probably Poloma, and that guy is illiterate

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jade is so gosh darned good and fun to play. She really feels like the queen of 1v2s, and there's a whole lot of mindgaming you can do with canceling her RMB to draw out blocks.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Because shes insanely good

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

rook boulder build is cool and good

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i think the biggest problem i have as ashka is croak

i try to play around walls to stunlock him in but good croaks just jump in, jump away and avoid my stuns entirely forcing me to play super defensive. brannock when you get free time i want to 1v1 you and get some practice in please and thanks

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Rafza posted:

i think the biggest problem i have as ashka is croak

i try to play around walls to stunlock him in but good croaks just jump in, jump away and avoid my stuns entirely forcing me to play super defensive. brannock when you get free time i want to 1v1 you and get some practice in please and thanks

Hit me up, I'm BROSEPHIROTH in the game and I'm mostly free tonight

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Brannock posted:

Hit me up, I'm BROSEPHIROTH in the game and I'm mostly free tonight

shot you a friend invite but i'm on babywatch tonight so i can't really play anymore. i'll pm you tomorrow, thanks buddy

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Well that was a 5hr session. I went up about 200pts though. Rank 12 here I come

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
I'm so happy BLC's back. I gotta say I preferred BLC's unique aesthetic more though. But maybe the league-ish thing is more accessible and I hope that + removing that awful medallion poo poo brings in enough of a playerbase this time around.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I never played BLC but I always did think the design of all the heroes was rad.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

the worst thing about this game that must be addressed is that all the hero names blow and no one will ever remember them or say them out loud. mysterious goat will forever be mysterious goat, shield guy, spear guy, big frog, all way better names

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Wangsbig posted:

the worst thing about this game that must be addressed is that all the hero names blow and no one will ever remember them or say them out loud. mysterious goat will forever be mysterious goat, captain mongolia, bushido belt, frog nipples, all way better names

Fixed some of the names for ya.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Astro Gunner combo owns.

Also bring back Seeker asap Stunlock and give him a name that isn't one of the garbage fantasy name generator ones.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

GreyPowerVan posted:

3v3s are both more fun and also have a lot more options comp-wise imo. I think that 3v3s have a smaller playerbase though so that's why they swapped to 2v2s primarily in battlerite (vs 3v3 in bloodline champions)

This is pretty much true in wow arena or any arena game. I still always prefer to the 2v2 more just because I like to do it with a friend or something and not make a group out of it.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Hm. Just checked and I think this game rounds up fractional damage. So whenever you have a small damage increase like the +15% on Varesh's right click, attacks that do lots of small hits get a disproportionate benefit. I have no idea how to apply this knowledge but it's good to know.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Wangsbig posted:

the worst thing about this game that must be addressed is that all the hero names blow and no one will ever remember them or say them out loud. mysterious goat will forever be mysterious goat, shield guy, spear guy, big frog, all way better names

Actually Psychopomp is really fun to say.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Seems like shield push and shield speed are pretty much required on Lucie. Its a shame because all of her choices are pretty good

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wangsbig posted:

Yeah I wish the characters had better names like they had in BLC. A name should be able to give you a sense of what their role is or how you play them.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Ahhpple posted:

Because shes insanely good

Every Lucie I've seen whether on my team or the enemy was complete rear end and any victory they had was their teammate 1v2'ing and destroying the other team completely, but that's been my experience with her thusfar

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I think Lucie is good in 2s, but comp reliant, and I'm not sure who her ideal partner is. She has good peels for a healer but doesn't really set up damage. Maybe Croak or Rook? Someone who can make their own damage happen, ideally in bursts.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Pearl is also a super good 2s healer and Pearl's Divide and Conquer tech works wonders against Lucie's poor mobility.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
tried lucie and ashka last night with ruzhim and honestly it felt okay, but lacking in tools to deal with croak/jade or croak/pearl teams (which felt like half the teams we went up against last night)

im having a hard time placing taya myself. most tayas i play against are really bad, but last night we came across a tier 11 taya that stomped me into paste

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Taya can be hard to get down and most people don't even get far enough to realize her innate combo of E + M2 + M1 for stun and massive damage.
Taya needs to keep her spacing and has decent tools to do so. Haste comes up quickly and with the snare battlerite can keep someone off you while doing good damage. The whirlwind is dope for clearing out the shifus and croaks (you can clear out bad stealth croaks pretty easily).

Her ult suffers from only the boar running in not being counterable but otherwise can do really good damage as long as once again your keep that spacing and avoid damage to let it stay up the full time. I've seen a lot of Tayas use that shield offensively to mitigate some damage instead of as something to preserve to keep you on your boar longer.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Taya also feels like Rook's worst match-up to me, though I haven't fought many engies yet and that might be rough.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
My general pearl/Lucie strategy is to focus on the teammate of theirs. I was running rook and eventually switched to Jade and only lost one close game due to a healer outplay after explaining this to my teammate. If you can burst them past the heal breakpoints then that healer has to perform with their cc and if they're not able to make you stick around and punish you for going in on their teammate then they're almost always going to lose.

I will say that for this strategy vs. pearl you almost always have to appear like you're going on the pearl, wait for her to throw down her slow fields, then switch to her teammate. I've seen so many people try to stick on a pearl after she has them in the middle of a bubble field and they always end up eating a huge chunk of damage as a result.

Also on a different tangent but I kind of want to try making hero tutorials, specifically for rook and Jade starting out but maybe more heroes depending on the reception.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Luna Was Here posted:

Also on a different tangent but I kind of want to try making hero tutorials, specifically for rook and Jade starting out but maybe more heroes depending on the reception.

i was thinking about doing this too actually, video right?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

you know what hero went from being in every game to no games at all? shifu

:rip:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Radical posted:

you know what hero went from being in every game to no games at all? shifu

:rip:

Shifu is still strong, idk why fewer people play him.

Also I'd be happy to help make guides, currently in mostly playing bakko, pearl, and Rook.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

everyone switched to croak because hes op

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Hero tutorials would be great, as I went 0-7 last night. It seems like the quality of competition went up massively since beta, so all of the easy wins I got during beta have me at too high of an MMR for someone who never played DOTA2, LoL, or BLC and thus has no knowledge of basic game sense for this genre :rip:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Spearman players were pretty rare back in BLC too, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Countblanc posted:

Shifu is still strong, idk why fewer people play him.

Also I'd be happy to help make guides, currently in mostly playing bakko, pearl, and Rook.

i'll put together some stuff on a google doc and add you and luna and anyone else interested in helping on it then (got nothing to do at work today)

we can then put text to video and get footage, upload it, etc

• Locked thread