Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

A Georgia man is suing NASCAR for $500M for racial discrimination, claiming they refused to help he and his organization get support for Black-run race teams. He also claims Steve Harvey was involved in wanting to start a team, which was interfered with by NASCAR.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/17591108/man-files-500-million-race-discrimination-lawsuit-nascar

He'd better run, because NASCAR's going to countersue for defamation, while Harvey adamantly denies involvement and says he wishes the guy had some money so he could also sue him, "but he ain't got none".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Remember everyone's favorite 'pocket commando', Patricia Driscoll? Of "I'm a CIA agent and mercenary but Kurt Busch roughed me up but probably not actually any of that" fame? Well:

http://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/17597295/kurt-busch-ex-girlfriend-charged-stealing-military-charity

ESPN posted:

WASHINGTON -- The former girlfriend of NASCAR driver Kurt Busch was charged Tuesday with stealing from a military charity she led.
Driscoll, 38, was indicted on seven federal charges: two counts each of wire fraud, mail fraud and tax evasion, and one count of attempts to interfere with administration of Internal Revenue laws. She also faces a first-degree fraud charge under District of Columbia law.
Driscoll was part of "a scheme" to allegedly use "forged documents, false accounting entries, inflated donation amounts, and false statements in order to convince donors to give money to the AFF, thereby enriching herself," according to the indictment.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

CBJSprague24 posted:

A Georgia man is suing NASCAR for $500M for racial discrimination, claiming they refused to help he and his organization get support for Black-run race teams. He also claims Steve Harvey was involved in wanting to start a team, which was interfered with by NASCAR.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/17591108/man-files-500-million-race-discrimination-lawsuit-nascar

He'd better run, because NASCAR's going to countersue for defamation, while Harvey adamantly denies involvement and says he wishes the guy had some money so he could also sue him, "but he ain't got none".

NASCAR 2017: I don't even like fast-rear end cars

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Cygni posted:

Remember everyone's favorite 'pocket commando', Patricia Driscoll? Of "I'm a CIA agent and mercenary but Kurt Busch roughed me up but probably not actually any of that" fame? Well:

http://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/17597295/kurt-busch-ex-girlfriend-charged-stealing-military-charity

I kind of missed the story when Kurt was re-instated; I assume all the allegations against him turned out to be total BS too?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CactusWeasle posted:

I kind of missed the story when Kurt was re-instated; I assume all the allegations against him turned out to be total BS too?

IIRC they came to the conclusion that something physical happened but they didn't have enough evidence. In hindsight, it's pretty easy to think maybe he got physical with her because she's a raving lunatic.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

VikingSkull posted:

IIRC they came to the conclusion that something physical happened but they didn't have enough evidence. In hindsight, it's pretty easy to think maybe he got physical with her because they are both raving lunatics.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
also acceptable

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cole Pearn's using Jedi mind tricks to help NASCAR decide to release this confusing bullshit:

quote:

NASCAR has decided to increase the tolerances for postrace measurements and lug nuts, eliminating all lower-tier penalties and only issuing a penalty if it reaches the point where suspensions would be issued and a win would not be allowed to count toward advancement in the Chase for the Sprint Cup. The decision is retroactive to the race last weekend at Chicagoland Speedway, meaning that race winner Martin Truex Jr. and 12th-place finisher Jimmie Johnson will not be penalized for being outside the tolerances by a minimal amount. Johnson remains eighth in points.

:psyboom:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Cole Pearn!

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Pearn Penalty Count: 0

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Cole Pearn's using Jedi mind tricks to help NASCAR decide to release this confusing bullshit:

amazing that we already had :chadknausreactingtothisnews: locked and loaded

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

CBJSprague24 posted:

thats some good rear end-covering

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
that's...actually a good ruling?

the gently caress

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Yeah that's the way it should have been all along.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
NASCAR the limits we gave you were not the real limits.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Elephanthead posted:

Here are the rules. Now the rules have been broken please forget those rules, here are some new rules.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

njsykora posted:

Here are the rules. Now the rules have been broken please forget those rules, here are some new rules.

At least this change was positive.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Elephanthead posted:

I would vote for this as the next thread title were it not for:

theacox posted:

NASCAR 2017: I don't even like fast-rear end cars

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
NASCAR: Push it to the limit*

Did they expound on what the new limit is and what the gap is between old and new?

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Sep 22, 2016

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

The new NASCAR rulebook:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LASTCAR posted:

Pearn Penalty Count: 0

they suspended him for 1 race after the Daytona 500 for illegal roof flaps, remember

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Slickdrac posted:

Did they expound on what the new limit is and what the gap is between old and new?

I saw something about penalties only being issued for "most egregious violations".

We all know what this means in NASCAR Speak. "Sub-jec-tive".

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Anyone have any good links, photos and videos during the "Aero Wars" era of Cup?

I'd LOVE to see it.

e: Also a new av. if possible.

e2: I think going with a retro cup one would be cool. Anyone have any suggestions?

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 23, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Like, which aero war era are you talking about? There were two eras, the 1969-1970 one with the winged cars and Talladega/Cyclones, or the early 90's Thunderbird/Lumina war.

e- the second one actually started with the Monte Aerocoupe in what....'86? '87?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I saw something about penalties only being issued for "most egregious violations".

We all know what this means in NASCAR Speak. "Sub-jec-tive".

I can't wait until they bury some underfunded team like the #95 team or something for some minor infraction in a race where they finished 10 seconds off the pace and 12 laps down all while letting a big team off with a slightly less than "most egregious violation".

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

Like, which aero war era are you talking about? There were two eras, the 1969-1970 one with the winged cars and Talladega/Cyclones, or the early 90's Thunderbird/Lumina war.

e- the second one actually started with the Monte Aerocoupe in what....'86? '87?

Eh. Either.

I just love the romanticism of NASCAR's MFG's going all out on stuff like aerodynamics and such. It feels at times that element of the sport is kinda brushed aside, and it's really fascinating honestly.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am fine with NASCAR 2017: most egregious uncaring for fast cars

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuzzySkinner posted:

Eh. Either.

I just love the romanticism of NASCAR's MFG's going all out on stuff like aerodynamics and such. It feels at times that element of the sport is kinda brushed aside, and it's really fascinating honestly.

I'll maybe whip up an effort post this weekend. Start with that, it's the owners club for the Winged Warriors, the Daytona and Superbird.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Looking for some racing tonight? ARCA from Kentucky at 8ET on FS2!

theacox fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 23, 2016

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

I'll maybe whip up an effort post this weekend. Start with that, it's the owners club for the Winged Warriors, the Daytona and Superbird.

See this is why I like these threads and when you post in them.

I'm able to find cool racing car pictures. Much thanks.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

exploding mummy posted:

they suspended him for 1 race after the Daytona 500 for illegal roof flaps, remember

Yeah, but that's less funny. ;)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Weed maps is now a sponsor at my local dirt track :v:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Slammin' Sammy does it again.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
I had to turn it off. That Xfinity race is unwatchable.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Xfinity race officially a good race.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Up the wall, wheel and control arm made that hole in the sign and broke through the fence.

Thankfully he's moving and talking, but apparently remembers nothing of the crash.

r00kit Cavalry
Sep 25, 2016

by zen death robot

iwentdoodie posted:

Up the wall, wheel and control arm made that hole in the sign and broke through the fence.

Thankfully he's moving and talking, but apparently remembers nothing of the crash.

yakman applewhite y u cheat at tribe d00d?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3791272

https://www.playmidair.com/

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm pleasantly surprised that weedmaps does exactly what it says on the tin.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Huh. Dare in the NASCAR thread. Neat, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
tribes was a good game

• Locked thread