Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

life is a joke posted:

I went to to the chiropractor when I was like 19 because of some proto-groupon local paper ad

lol is this how people are referring to coupons now? gently caress im old

"I navigated the trip using some kind of proto-gps drawn on a large, folded piece of paper"

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it

Earwicker posted:

Nah, I still call them coupons. I get a lot of them in my physical e-mail.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

Earwicker posted:

"I navigated the trip using some kind of proto-gps drawn on a large, folded piece of paper"

lol no i still use coupons and call em that... this was like a try it at a super reduced price / limited to 50 new clients / must be redeemed by this date etc stuff that made it like a groupon.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

life is a joke posted:

lol no i still use coupons and call em that... this was like a try it at a super reduced price / limited to 50 new clients / must be redeemed by this date etc stuff that made it like a groupon.

Are you trolling or am I having a stroke? How is that not just a coupon? What distinguishes a groupon from a coupon? Did you have to have a group of people with you to redeem it or something?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Taeke posted:

Are you trolling or am I having a stroke? How is that not just a coupon? What distinguishes a groupon from a coupon? Did you have to have a group of people with you to redeem it or something?

Groupon stuff usually requires you pay some money in advance, and you can't get the discount unless at least a few other people also bought in. And these days a lot of Groupon stuff is just buying a gift certificate for a place for less than face value.

Regular coupons are usually free and it doesn't matter if you're the only person with it.

They're not really the same at all. When Groupon was at its height a lot of the places involved really hosed themselves over by offering discounts too big to sustain - you don't usually get that in your typical "$1 off when you buy $20 of ham" coupons.

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it
I am MAD as HELL that some guy is confused about the proper definition of the word "coupon" and I'm gonna make sure everyone knows about it!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm trying to figure out how much messages are being used on my phone (AT&T), so I dialed the appropriate code in the dialer, and the system responded by telling me how much "messaging" has been used this cycle and how much "group messaging" has been used. Does AT&T really distinguish between those for billing purposes? How about other carriers?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

hooah posted:

I'm trying to figure out how much messages are being used on my phone (AT&T), so I dialed the appropriate code in the dialer, and the system responded by telling me how much "messaging" has been used this cycle and how much "group messaging" has been used. Does AT&T really distinguish between those for billing purposes? How about other carriers?

They used to sell those services separately, and would block your phone from being part of group messaging over MMS if you weren't on a plan with it. It probably stays listed separately, because all sorts of people are still on old plans that have different limits for SMS/MMS and group messaging instead of just having one that treats them as the same bucket.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

syscall girl posted:

Now the NSA has your buttprint doofus.

Good.

https://youtu.be/lzAuXuxD0Oo

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Is there an app or website that will let me mockup a 3D representation of my backyard, then let me use that to design and plan out my garden?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's not garden specific, but I recently used SketchUp for a rough plan of something similar. Worked well enough.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Help me spreadsheet wizards, you're my only hope!

I have a 6000-row spreadsheet of payees, grouped by the accounts team with nominal codes. I need to sort and filter the rows into a separate sheet for each nominal code. This is a one-time thing, so it's probably not worth building some custom tool to keep this stuff sorted in perpetuity which would probably be more efficient.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

ineptmule posted:

I have a 6000-row spreadsheet of payees, grouped by the accounts team with nominal codes. I need to sort and filter the rows into a separate sheet for each nominal code. This is a one-time thing, so it's probably not worth building some custom tool to keep this stuff sorted in perpetuity which would probably be more efficient.

Sounds like a copy paste job for the lowliest and unluckiest admin person available?

ValleyOfWalls
Sep 26, 2005

ineptmule posted:

Looks like this excel add-in provides this functionality.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Where is GBS?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Manslaughter posted:

Where is GBS?

In our hearts

(it's been deleted)

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Manslaughter posted:

Where is GBS?

It's been taken to uncle Pete's farm. Maybe some day you can go out there and visit it.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Was Akuma's Raging Demon ever known as "Super Hellish Death"?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Was Akuma's Raging Demon ever known as "Super Hellish Death"?

The Official Sega Saturn Magizine translated Shun Goku Satsu to "Instant Hellish Death Strike."

https://archive.org/stream/Official_Sega_Saturn_Magazine_016/Official_Sega_Saturn_Magazine_016_-_feb_1997_UK_djvu.txt

My loose understanding based on taking three semesters of Japanese half a decade ago and watching too much anime is that "shun" means something like "lightning fast" or "in a flash," goku is hell/prison (like in "jigoku") and then satsu is murder/death.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 21, 2016

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can someone recommend me a wrestling podcast, if I don't watch wrestling but am mildly interested in it?

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

Turtlicious posted:

Can someone recommend me a wrestling podcast, if I don't watch wrestling but am mildly interested in it?

I also don't watch wrestling but am mildly interested in it. I listened to The Go Home Show until they stopped updating. :(

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Anyone know what the music at the very start of this video is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2jkV4BsN6U

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

I don't recognize it but I'd wager it's some generic royalty free song. Sorry for the useless answer.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
It sounds a lot like Hedwig's Theme from the Harry Potter movies, which is probably what they wanted but also didn't want to get their video taken down.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Turtlicious posted:

If you're a Giant Bomb premium member, they have the Power Bombcast. They don't have a set schedule so your mild interest might match up with their postings. There's also Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling Podcast or Stone Cold Steve Austin's podcast that runs twice a week for family friendly and curse heavy and JR's Ross Report if your love of wrestling is limited to the Attitude Era.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Manslaughter posted:

Where is GBS?

Where it belongs... in the garbage! :smug:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I got some music CD's without their jewel cases, and these are ones I do not recognize. If you know what albums they are, please let me know.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

First image, top row center is Radiohead OK Computer.
Second image, bottom row center is Elivis #1 Hits.

Couldn't you just put them into a computer and let iTunes read the ID3 tags?

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 22, 2016

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

ChocNitty posted:

I got some music CD's without their jewel cases, and these are ones I do not recognize. If you know what albums they are, please let me know.

Play them and soundhound/Shazam them.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

uwaeve posted:

Play them and soundhound/Shazam them.

I think top-right of first image may be an austin powers soundtrack, but yeah if you can't get it by tags then do this.

Edit: And the bottom right one that says "Margarita Mix" is "Margarita Mix", which appears to be a Pottery Barn exclusive from 2004.

dirby fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 22, 2016

Pastor Travis
Jun 5, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

Orange/pink flower thing is the soundtrack for Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, mostly orange in bottom picture is Shaggy's "Hotshot" featuring the seminal "It Wasn't Me".

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ChocNitty posted:

Bottom middle is Mezmerize by System Of A Down.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
you can also google image search them, but watching people answer this like a trivia question is actually more fun.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Today, at work, I had a drink of water. That's not notable, I do it all the time, but ever since that drink I have had this reoccurring bad taste in a spot at the back of my mouth, almost in my throat even. Nothing I can do gets rid of it for good, and I have no idea what the hell it could be and it is driving me bonkers. Does anyone have any idea what's going on/what I do about it?

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Maybe you have a tonsil stone?

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
For a weird goonish project I am doing:

I'm trying to find how many 3 year olds there are in each country in Europe (as well as the US and Canada) as of 2014 or 2015. I have attempted to google "How many 3 year olds are there in <country>" but that doesn't really help. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

(I was able to find the US numbers for 2014 (4.043 million) via Census.gov, and am looking for Canadian numbers too, but find the European national statistics sites difficult to navigate.)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The information might not be available? Statistics Canada has a population breakdown by age/sex but ages are in a 5-year range so 0-4 is all lumped together.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Spacewolf posted:

For a weird goonish project I am doing:

I'm trying to find how many 3 year olds there are in each country in Europe (as well as the US and Canada) as of 2014 or 2015. I have attempted to google "How many 3 year olds are there in <country>" but that doesn't really help. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

(I was able to find the US numbers for 2014 (4.043 million) via Census.gov, and am looking for Canadian numbers too, but find the European national statistics sites difficult to navigate.)

Can you find yearly birth rates? You ought to be able to calculate a reasonable approximation with the birth rate from 3 years prior to your year of interest.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
Is there an online store that sells plenty of enamel pins?

I've seen some good ones in Etsy but they're sold by different sellers so there's no consolidation and I have to pay shipping for each one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Top middle in this image is Orgy - Candyass.