Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lobok posted:

I'm rewatching Civil War and the part where they over explain Spider-Man's goggles bugs me. Was that the result of them working backwards from "we want his eyes to be animated" to "his eyepieces need to be some kind of tech for them to move" to "gadget eyepieces are needed because he needs them to help him focus"?

Parker clearly explains why he needs those funky goggles on his ghetto costume after Stark makes fun of them. Then Stark makes a comment about giving him an upgrade, which we later see at the airport scene. It's a a fairly simple explanation that doesn't require Sherlock-level deductive reasoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

teagone posted:

Parker clearly explains why he needs those funky goggles on his ghetto costume after Stark makes fun of them. Then Stark makes a comment about giving him an upgrade, which we later see at the airport scene. It's a a fairly simple explanation that doesn't require Sherlock-level deductive reasoning.

But why he needs the goggles is my point. There's never before been a tie-in between the eyes on his mask and what he explains as a kind of sensory overload (Spider-Sense) so it stands out.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Well it makes sense that a guy who's known for VERY RECENTLY ACQUIRING SUPER HUMAN SENSORY ABILITIES (among other things) might have to make some adjustments to adapt to that? I mean come on guy. Also he doesn't want to get stuff in his eyes while swinging around.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't have a problem with him having eyes on his mask. Just never mind.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
BSS Movie Thread: The goggles, they do something.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lobok posted:

But why he needs the goggles is my point. There's never before been a tie-in between the eyes on his mask and what he explains as a kind of sensory overload (Spider-Sense) so it stands out.

They added a thing so they can do the Deadpool eyes on Spider-Man because it's about time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Expressive Eyes Spider-Man is best Spider-Man.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why do they waste valuable comic pages telling me this stuff.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Because Stan needed to fill some pages.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Now we know why Spider man is always strapped.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurdiak posted:

I like the one for Cyclops

His dorky bowtie makes me smile.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I thought the source of Cyke's powers was the entire dimension inexplicably full of red kinetic energy

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No that's some crazy idiot's idea to fix powers he didn't like.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

I'm glad you spent the time to find that panel so you could show me how much you missed the point.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

They added a thing so they can do the Deadpool eyes on Spider-Man because it's about time.

But they didn't need a thing to do Deadpool eyes, Deadpool did them just fine without having Tony Stark drop off a mask at his place. Oh wait I forgot nerds are babies who cannot process things like fun or facial expressions without a ~tactical realism~ explanation tacked on.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lobok posted:

I'm glad you spent the time to find that panel so you could show me how much you missed the point.

Yeah, yeah, gently caress you too.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Lobok posted:

We all get what you're saying, we're just not bothered by such a quick and harmless line of dialogue.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I just noticed there's some guy with no lines in the Ant-Man movie who very obviously has a Ten Rings of the Mandarin tattoo on his neck. Man, that's a huge throwback to Iron Man 1 and 3. I kind of wonder if they put that there on purpose or if Marvel has plans to do a more traditional Mandarin story at some point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

I just noticed there's some guy with no lines in the Ant-Man movie who very obviously has a Ten Rings of the Mandarin tattoo on his neck. Man, that's a huge throwback to Iron Man 1 and 3. I kind of wonder if they put that there on purpose or if Marvel has plans to do a more traditional Mandarin story at some point.

I think it's one of the things that they dropped due to the production clusterfuck.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
A traditional Mandarin story would both defeat the point of Iron Man 3 and also be incredibly racist.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
That DVD extra was suck a weak cop-out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TwoPair posted:

But they didn't need a thing to do Deadpool eyes, Deadpool did them just fine without having Tony Stark drop off a mask at his place. Oh wait I forgot nerds are babies who cannot process things like fun or facial expressions without a ~tactical realism~ explanation tacked on.

Eh. Not really. It's a two second scene, I don't understand why you are at all even slightly irked by this.

Even if they didn't explain the eyes, Tony Stark was still gonna make that suit because there's no way in hell a poor 15 year old can make something that good. Although, I've seen videos of kids make whole Master Chief costumes out of cardboard and poo poo and it's super neat. But they didn't want to have a cardboard Spidey running around, so hey, let the richest dude in the franchise help!

Edit: Look how cool this kid is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TPANByjqh8

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 23, 2016

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He listens to Electro House now. Not cool anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Correct, you aren't.

Get with the times grandpa. It's nbd.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Lobok posted:

Maybe you should stop being such a sperglord over a few lines of dialogue.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I posted what I thought was a pretty simple question. Didn't expect everyone's reactions. Oh well!

Anyway...

https://twitter.com/chaeronaea/status/779162286313181184

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Stupid question, but has anyone bought the new TMNT movie that comes with the masks? I want to know if they're actually decently wearable, so I can have ninja fights with my girlfriends three year old, and get pissy that he has to be Leonardo. I was always Leonardo. I'm too old to change turtles now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

Stupid question, but has anyone bought the new TMNT movie that comes with the masks? I want to know if they're actually decently wearable, so I can have ninja fights with my girlfriends three year old, and get pissy that he has to be Leonardo. I was always Leonardo. I'm too old to change turtles now.

Don't buy the new TMNT movie, there are better ways to get stupid ninja turtle masks.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Expressive Eyes Spider-Man is best Spider-Man.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Die Laughing posted:

I do, and yes, they are wearable.

There are only two though, with different colors on both sides.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That's a bummer. I think there was a release of one of the cartoons that came with all four.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Don't buy the new TMNT movie, there are better ways to get stupid ninja turtle masks.

Buy that movie it's awesome even without masks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So over/under of there being part of Infinity War, Wanda going nuts for some reason and Dr Strange has to take her down? I was going through the Avengers Dissembled books and came across that part.

Maybe because her powers are from an Infinity Gem, Thanos will be able to control her in some way. I am also assuming Dr Strange is going to show up in that film.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

So over/under of there being part of Infinity War, Wanda going nuts for some reason and Dr Strange has to take her down? I was going through the Avengers Dissembled books and came across that part.

Maybe because her powers are from an Infinity Gem, Thanos will be able to control her in some way. I am also assuming Dr Strange is going to show up in that film.

Cue someone being insufferable about the term over/under in 5...4...3...

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I doubt it. I mean, it's possible by why distract from Thanos as the major threat? Plus there's no Vision/Wanda romance stuff yet (but they hinted at it heavily in CW, implying to me that they're gonna explore that angle instead of abruptly killing her off), nor her attempts to have kids, or any of the other extenuating stuff leading to her breakdown. Plus they've defined her powers pretty hard-and-fast as glorified telekinesis/mind control (and even that's been heavily scaled back since AoU), so I'm doubting they just go "It's reality bending powers, whatever that is!" abruptly.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Won't it be an issue for Vision since he has a stone embedded in his forehead?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Toxxupation posted:

I doubt it. I mean, it's possible by why distract from Thanos as the major threat? Plus there's no Vision/Wanda romance stuff yet (but they hinted at it heavily in CW, implying to me that they're gonna explore that angle instead of abruptly killing her off), nor her attempts to have kids, or any of the other extenuating stuff leading to her breakdown. Plus they've defined her powers pretty hard-and-fast as glorified telekinesis/mind control (and even that's been heavily scaled back since AoU), so I'm doubting they just go "It's reality bending powers, whatever that is!" abruptly.

I don't mean whole hog Avengers Disassembled stuff, but have her aparently betray them, and they lose because of it. Thanos clearly would be interseted in this human who has insanely powerful abilities, was was able to take over the Visions body and cause his density powers to go haywire in CW. Maybe I'm seeing too much Darkseid in Thanos as he's always been down into getting powerful beings on his side.

Actually, it would kind of cool if he does have the Black Order and Supergiant is all trying to gently caress over the Avengers and Wanda totally overpowers her mind control.

I'm just speculating, but Wanda being nuts and being involved in major problems for the Avengers is something that comes up a enough in recent memory and they like to take elements like that from the books. Plus having it caused by Thanos pulling her strings shows both his power and also gives them an out so when she gets freed, she doesn't have to go through some redemption.

But then I'm 100% convinced that Guardians 2 ends with them on Earth. That's where the Simon Williams film festival stuff is from, because they're talking around LA or something before being picked up by I dunno, War Machine.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I could definitely see Guardians 2 ending with the Guardians stranded on Earth considering that Bendis just did that in their ongoing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Toxxupation posted:

I could definitely see Guardians 2 ending with the Guardians stranded on Earth considering that Bendis just did that in their ongoing.

Yea, I mean we know Guardians are going to be in Avengers 3, and its more logical thinking that they're on Earth rather than the Avengers going into space. At least in the first one.

I don't think its unreasonable to expect some form of Carol Danvers in the movie as well, as Brie Larsen was cast before the director was chose, which heavily suggests she's appearing sooner than the solo film. Maybe she's even in the Guardians 2 credits sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

As long as we get Rocket making fun of how unintelligent Stark is.

• Locked thread