Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Obama founded ISIS, invented racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Thanks, Obama.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

I had on Fox News briefly earlier today and they had two black defense lawyers who both said Stop and Frisk was awesome and should be used everywhere.

Then the moderator proposed declaring martial law in Chicago and I started screaming at my tv screen.

where do they find these loving people? is there an LF for insane conservatives they can just hit up? "hey, need two black guys for spox reax, tia"

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

prefect posted:

made Ronnie Raygun poo poo his pants.

To be fair, that wasn't hard to do.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ouhei posted:

I know his base will eat it up because they're racist shitbags, it just seems like something that would be important to point out in news coverage.

Pointing out that Trump is a racist shitbag is something you'd think would be important to point out in news coverage in general, but alas, we live in this reality

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Chokes McGee posted:

Trump: Hi, America. Let me start out by introducing myself. I'm a huge loving narcissistic loud-mouthed racist who uses fake spray tan, and my hair is of questionable realness.

Holt & Clinton: :psyboom:

It's like Seinfeld, Trump will do the opposite. "Hi, my name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Racism didn't exist before black elected officials, hope this helps.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

The Nastier Nate posted:

Don Jr isn't crazy enough to run for office in New York City, but if he ever moved upstate, get ready for Congressman Trump.

That could happen, the mainland is very red in a lot of places. I think NYC alone is the one thing keeping NY blue, but I could be wrong. I'm kind of a big idiot.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

Thanks, Baloogan.

-Me, cursing at Shrikes.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

TheBuilder posted:

well there wouldn't be any racism if those blacks had just kept to their side of town and hadn't got all these uppity big-headed ideas about holding positions of power and authority

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TheBuilder posted:

In the wake of the whole Birtherism thing and all the comments coming out of that campaign like "they've never had it worse" and "racism didn't exist" its at a point where I feel like we need to ask the Trump Campaign basic questions like "do you acknowledge that there was slavery in the past and that it was a bad thing" or "do you know what Jim Crow is and can you use it in a sentence?"

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Obama has been busy

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fart blood posted:

That could happen, the mainland is very red in a lot of places. I think NYC alone is the one thing keeping NY blue, but I could be wrong. I'm kind of a big idiot.

that's kind of like saying that the sun is the only thing keeping the solar system warm tho

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

So I was thinking, this election cycle the VP Debate might be more important than the three Presidential ones. Trump is a pretty good bullshitter and has a whole cult of personality built up around his brazen idiocy and disregard for easily available public information. I don't think his supporters or even some undecideds will care much when he blanks on some questions, even if they are some pretty basic things anyone holding elected office should know, let alone the POTUS. Pence, on the other hand, is a much more cowardly bigot. Though I don't doubt Clinton's ability to potentially embarrass Trump on the debate stage, I feel like Kaine is going to lay into the most outrageous stuff Trump has said and Pence's shakiness in defending him is really going to underscore what a piece of poo poo Trump is. The narrative will be all about how Trump's own goddamn running mate can't bring himself to truly defend the things he has said.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

STAC Goat posted:

In the wake of the whole Birtherism thing and all the comments coming out of that campaign like "they've never had it worse" and "racism didn't exist" its at a point where I feel like we need to ask the Trump Campaign basic questions like "do you acknowledge that there was slavery in the past and that it was a bad thing" or "do you know what Jim Crow is and can you use it in a sentence?"

no, you need to ask what trump thinks about the fight against jim crow in the 60s and what he would've done in that time

he'll come back with how awful a guy jim crow was and how he would've never let him do what he did, so simple

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

the mans first name is jim, and he was born into the crow family, making his name jim crow

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

neonnoodle posted:

Obama founded ISIS, invented racism

PolitiFact finds that there are good arguments to be made on both sides: rates this Half True.

Based on whose arguments and facts you believe.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squizzle posted:

bss poster lyfe

:cool: readin comics :cool: knowin comics :cool: findin comics :cool:

:cool::respek::cool:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Heaven Spacey posted:

So I was thinking, this election cycle the VP Debate might be more important than the three Presidential ones. Trump is a pretty good bullshitter and has a whole cult of personality built up around his brazen idiocy and disregard for easily available public information. I don't think his supporters or even some undecideds will care much when he blanks on some questions, even if they are some pretty basic things anyone holding elected office should know, let alone the POTUS. Pence, on the other hand, is a much more cowardly bigot. Though I don't doubt Clinton's ability to potentially embarrass Trump on the debate stage, I feel like Kaine is going to lay into the most outrageous stuff Trump has said and Pence's shakiness in defending him is really going to underscore what a piece of poo poo Trump is. The narrative will be all about how Trump's own goddamn running mate can't bring himself to truly defend the things he has said.

counterpoint: pence will just deny deny deny, because facts don't matter

what i really want though is to have a debate (any of them) with those video clips played throughout, just like how FOX did for the primary debate trump skipped on

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Heaven Spacey posted:

except who the gently caress is watching the vp debates

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
reminder that donald j. trump, when confronted with the fact that his own website contradicted him, managed to weasel his way out of it

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

fart blood posted:

This is true of a lot of states with only one megacity (actual term). Illinois is another great example of it

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Heaven Spacey posted:

I'm very much looking forward to Adorkable Dad smacking down the Bland Bigot.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Charlotte police chief says tape doesn't "give me absolute, definitive, visual evidence that would confirm that a person is pointing a gun" and will not be released to the public. A.k.a. "This would be all over the media if it backed up our story, but welp."

quote:

“When taking in the totality of all the other evidence, it supports what we’ve heard and the version of the truth that we gave about the circumstances that happened that led to the death of Mr. Scott,” Chief Putney said.

He said the department’s practice was not to release video to the public, to protect the integrity of investigations. And, in this incident, he said, the case may soon be out of his hands.

“Even though we’re investigating, we probably won’t be long term,” he said, citing a request that the F.B.I. take over the inquiry. “I’m not going to release anything that would be on somebody else to release.”
(nonexistent :handwash: icon)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/779033209032019969

Colorado is a bit close, but not unexpected with how Q has been polling all cycle.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

Don Jr isn't crazy enough to run for office in New York City, but if he ever moved upstate, get ready for Congressman Trump.

In what district exactly? You think that assclown is going to get traction in the Capital? Or out on the western edge of the state?

He has Zero potential anywhere in The Empire State.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

my nerd rear end

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

51.4 million watched the 2012 one.

70 million watched 2008's cause of Palin.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Charlotte police chief says tape doesn't "give me absolute, definitive, visual evidence that would confirm that a person is pointing a gun" and will not be released to the public. A.k.a. "This would be all over the media if it backed up our story, but welp."

(nonexistent :handwash: icon)

this rear end in a top hat is going to start a loving war

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

fart blood posted:

Not really. In 2012, Obama got 63.35% of the vote in New York State and Mitt Romney got 35.17%; without NYC, it would have still been an Obama win at 54.03% to 44.54%, about the same as Oregon and Michigan that year.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

no, you need to ask what trump thinks about the fight against jim crow in the 60s and what he would've done in that time

he'll come back with how awful a guy jim crow was and how he would've never let him do what he did, so simple

HILLARY: You do know that Jim Crow wasn't an actual person, right?

TRUMP: Now who's the racist?

Standing ovation, landslide for Trump, the end of all things.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

WampaLord posted:

51.4 million watched the 2012 one.

70 million watched 2008's cause of Palin.

The 2012 one was pretty awesome with Joe Biden smacking down Paul Ryan.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/779033209032019969

Colorado is a bit close, but not unexpected with how Q has been polling all cycle.

What the gently caress is wrong with Iowa :psyduck:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

That would be excellent bait tbh.

Conservatives generally believe that black people were better off under slavery

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

the iowans :whitewater:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

It's old and white and fundie. They voted for the man in your avatar in the loving primary.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Alter Ego posted:

corn cobs appeal to them on a deep, emotional level

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, if you're in the 5% of African Americans who have been good with Trump to this point is "I like Stop and Frisk just like my buddy Rudy 'I've done more for black people than anyone' Guiliani" really going to change anything?

Like, at some point isn't that kind of just "margin of error"/"Black people who would be fine with him using the n word" numbers?

These numbers also largely don't reflect the Birther wound being opened up.

Trump coming out and proposing national stop and frisk after transparently trying to blow off his years-long campaign to undermine the fundamental Americanness of the POTUS well

well let's just say that once again Trump has taken what I would have dreamed up as the worst case scenario for something (black outreach) and just hate hosed it and smashed it against a wall and replaced it with something a hundred times dumber

WHAT THE gently caress DON

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
i just skipped a bunch of pages but don't tell me anything that happened just wanted to let you all know that i'm a really busy guy with more important things to do than read the entire thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

docbeard posted:

HILLARY: You do know that Jim Crow wasn't an actual person, right?

TRUMP: Now who's the racist?

Standing ovation, landslide for Trump, the end of all things.

If lester holt kept his goddamn mouth shut this would actually work

• Locked thread