Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

See you in the arse.

Edit: VERSE, I meant verse.

Real edit: Dammit, have an appropriate cat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kgRFHaNo-Y

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Barn Folk posted:

As long as you pronounce it "poo"

"We're just dicking around in the PU today. " "Find anything interesting in the PU today?"

Never touch the PU.

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/pee-ew seems more close at hand…

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Charles Get-Out posted:

gently caress. Citizens would be delighted to have special funeral services for their deceased avatars and would probably pay a ton for this crap.

Someone needs to forward this to CIG stat so they can start opening up Lifetime Multiple Life Insurance and Big Benny's XXXL coffin preorders.

I'd be really surprised if someone there hasn't already thought of having a "cemetery planet" so the cultists can go and visit the tombstones. Lots of sales potential there, plots, headstones that play music or have holo-images of the character etc. Archer it right from Futurama )

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Show me your face shapes star citizen.

:yikes:

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

mashed_penguin posted:

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Viscous Soda posted:

There we go, new thread title.

Star Citizen: You've shown you can't handle open development.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

mashed_penguin posted:

Sick claymation.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen: What if there are too many women?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Viscous Soda posted:

:agreed:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

People in general can be scummy on both sides of the gender equation. :3:

lotta cis-facist heteronormative's ITT with their binary agenda. Bet you're a shoe-haver as well.

Barn Folk posted:

Never touch the PU.

you're not in the PU, the PU is in you.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D1E posted:

Imagine being so emotionally invested in a "game" that you spend literally thousands of hours of your time performing joyless QA testing on it for years.

Entirely unpaid.

Goddamn, shitizens are loving retarded losers.

And then being all "The vital work we perform..."

Seriously, guys, you are unpaid beta testers for a steaming pile of crap, not people agreeing to have tumors installed for cancer research or developing a new type of renewable, green power...

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
subsumption

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hav posted:

Very gender specific there, with your heteronormative agenda.

Yeah, seriously, man. Maybe "Your dad. She's a stretch goal."?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

mashed_penguin posted:

I see CIG has made great strides in digitizing DSL technology

In all seriousness, this face tech looks strange and I think maybe it's because they are having the actors do extreme movements and the facial deformation isn't lining up exactly? Like, squishing your mouth to the side and scrunching your face in should involve a lot more muscles and wrinkles imo

Nancy fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 22, 2016

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hav posted:

lotta cis-facist heteronormative's ITT with their binary agenda. Bet you're a shoe-haver as well.

I don't even know what this means. But, yes. I have shoes. I don't have an agenda I don't think.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Hav posted:

you're not in the PU, the PU is in you.

The PU is in Chris Robberts and he's about to plop down a steaming hot number 2 point 6 on the live servers come Citcon this October!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D1E posted:

Hey Beer are you sad you aren't allowed to attend CitizenCON 2016?

I mean, 'cuz you're a dirty leaver and all.

I never even checked. It's far better on livestream.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

alphabettitouretti posted:

Thread title is terrible. Please change it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Viscous Soda posted:

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
ATV is up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7GG0y8Jmcs

Look at the weapon models we all already know - for SQ42 we are going to rework them all - we hope you enjoyed looking at the new weapons.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Probably the wooden (plastic? Toy?) models they used in motion capture didn't line up with the 3D models they made? I'm really not sure how difficult working with motion capture data is.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

mashed_penguin posted:

i've seen this sort of poo poo a hundred times: disembodied heads on solid backgrounds making faces or with fancy skin shaders or hair

where is the loving game?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Saw a Twitch streamer earlier marvel at how the teeth were looking.
Thats the part I will be looking out for when my 200m $500 shapeship blows up a pirate's starbase, their teeth.

Star Citizen: $115 million for the best CGI teeth this side of Pixar

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

like who is dumb enough to be impressed by this anymore? your dumb character can tie cherry stems into knots and it won't matter if your game plays like poo poo

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Thread title is awesome. gently caress the haters.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

MeLKoR posted:

That would make sense given that it's a WWI shooter, but in the world this man imagines 900 years in the future, women are still not considered able to pull a trigger.

e: (un)related rant: the "women shouldn't be allowed in the army because they might be raped" assholes trigger me. What the gently caress do you think will happen to women if your country is invaded and your army is defeated? They have every god drat right to fight in the front if they want to, it's literally their rear end on the line.

Where I come from, women fought in world war 2 in great numbers. After all, the alternative was Dachau or worse. It ended up being a pretty big thing after the war too and women were better off than most places due to it.

Too bad it stayed the exactly same way for the next 60 years though, so it's a relative shithole now.

Also,

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

Ash1138 posted:

i've seen this sort of poo poo a hundred times: disembodied heads on solid backgrounds making faces or with fancy skin shaders or hair

where is the loving game?

Don't think about the game, think about what the game could have.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
If the only thing your company can do is graphics, you show the graphics.

We see how nice the programming is already. There's not much to look forward to there.

But just imagine how awesome some HBO star will look crinkling his brow on your monochrome HUD TV screen as he goes "Ahhhhhhhhkksskt!" And blows up. :shobon:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

LCL-Dead posted:

Star Citizen: What if there are too many women?
Sandi would have a nervous breakdown.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Star Citizens raving about bridging the uncanny valley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ_eEUoiKts

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

sorla78 posted:

ATV is up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7GG0y8Jmcs

Look at the weapon models we all already know - for SQ42 we are going to rework them all - we hope you enjoyed looking at the new weapons.

I am just happy she is covering up that weird collarbone thing. She is like addicted to fake tattoos. Every episode she has more.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Star Citizen: Without Females, Who Will I Rape?

I have no head and I must scream

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Star Citizen: a lovely tech demo, not even a proof of concept, not even a vertical slice, Design Document launch in 2018.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I think backing this game is a good idea. Which Aurora is the best?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Raskolnikov posted:

Have you considered the greater value proposition of spending that money on the Taco Bell Dollar Cravings menu instead?

https://www.tacobell.com/food/dollar-cravings?gclid=CjwKEAjwgo6_BRC32q6_5s2R-R8SJAB7hTG-AserHLxt4qbk50ZIbPudQvtmf14p8N3bIGyQ3uhKUhoCVXHw_wcB

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

D1E posted:

Have you considered the greater value proposition of spending that money on the Taco Bell Dollar Cravings menu instead?

https://www.tacobell.com/food/dollar-cravings?gclid=CjwKEAjwgo6_BRC32q6_5s2R-R8SJAB7hTG-AserHLxt4qbk50ZIbPudQvtmf14p8N3bIGyQ3uhKUhoCVXHw_wcB

Nice referral link shill.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Raskolnikov posted:

All of them. You'll want to have enough ships for all of your indentured space servants to clean.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

They're all the best. Every single one.

E: meh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I think the completionist package is the only actual option considering a citizen's massive need for ships. Shame on Chris for giving all of us fans the illusion of choice, really.

• Locked thread