Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

Just came across this, what is it from and is it canon?

This is like unmasking Rey Mysterio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
http://garfemon.tumblr.com/

(sorry not sorry)

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Why would you possibly feel the need to apologize for introducing us to this marvel.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Chill Penguin posted:

Eviolite Lickitung's time to shine :P

E: Lickitung can learn Dream Eater and Nightmare(via XD tutor) but no sleep-inducing moves...?

Lickitung learns Nightmare because it looks like one

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Dunban posted:

Lickitung learns Nightmare because it looks like one

stop projecting, nerd!!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

It's Golduck's time to shine

at the very beginning of the current meta and during mega ray's short tenure in ubers people ran scarf golduck because it could ohko both mega rayquaza and primal groudon

they very quickly stopped

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Space T Rex posted:

They in particular are a must because they have super good abilities and the best (pretty much only) way to beat Groudon's ability is Kyogre, and the best way to beat Kyogre's is...Groudon. So a lot of teams actually run both which basically just is gamefreak giving everyone the middle finger and saying "everyone must build their teams around this poo poo now and pick 4 pokemon instead of 6"

As for how to construct a team, it depends. If your'e just playing for fun just make the best team you can with your favorite dudes, make sure you have answers for as much as you can. Popular megas, weather, stall teams, trick room, etc. Nothing will counter everything.

If you want to get really competitive you have to build your team based on the whole meta. So instead of "what do I want", now its "what is everyone else playing and what works best against those teams"? In that case it depends on the meta whether ability/typing/moveset is most important to consider first. In my opinion ability and moveset are almost always more important than typing though. Mostly moveset unless the ability is really synergistic to the team.

If you just wanna play, yeah hack them. Everyone does. If your'e an idiot like me make like 6 boxes of completely IV'd mons the old fashioned way for fun because for some reason that's a a good way to pass the time in your stupid idiot head, like me.

Oh but cybertron and a lot of the other guys either make/hack their own teams for tournaments. For their videos they often use borrowed teams or donated pokemon from fans.

Thank god Hyper Training is going to fix IVs so there won't be any excuses for hackmon

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Re: that guy asking about competitive play, check out Reverend's YouTube videos. I'm at work so someone else has to link them, but he does a good job being entertaining while actually explaining why he does what he does.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Re: that guy asking about competitive play, check out Reverend's YouTube videos. I'm at work so someone else has to link them, but he does a good job being entertaining while actually explaining why he does what he does.

Gotcha! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7FG51Kyls8

e: drat forum autotags!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Improbable Lobster posted:

Thank god Hyper Training is going to fix IVs so there won't be any excuses for hackmon
I mean, if bottlecaps are as rare as they could easily be...

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I mean, if bottlecaps are as rare as they could easily be...

Use them to make a 6iv ditto and make breeding trivial?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Emong posted:

Oh poo poo, I hadn't even thought of that. That's probably the best use of your free golden cap right there.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Emong posted:

I'm not actually up on gen 6-7 breeding mechanics. Can you do better than Destiny Knot on 6IV Ditto + Everstone on right-natured parent and iterate a few times to get parents with better IVs as they come up? That's still not trivial, right?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
With a 6 IV ditto you can take a guy from 0 IVs to 6, plus fully ev trained and leveled to 50 in about two-two and a half hours depending on your breeding luck. So depends on what you call trivial.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
It will probably be faster to breed mons with great IVs than it will be to earn the requisite number of caps. They'll mostly be useful for legendaries and Ditto.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm not actually up on gen 6-7 breeding mechanics. Can you do better than Destiny Knot on 6IV Ditto + Everstone on right-natured parent and iterate a few times to get parents with better IVs as they come up?

To answer this first question, no, that is the best available method at the moment.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Space T Rex posted:

With a 6 IV ditto you can take a guy from 0 IVs to 6, plus fully ev trained and leveled to 50 in about two-two and a half hours depending on your breeding luck. So depends on what you call trivial.

I assume you mean a 5IV child (with the right 5), not 6. 6 IVs is literally 32 times less likely than 5IV.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Space T Rex posted:

Right, it's not awful - although I haven't looked into using Super Training at all to get EVs, so I assume that's where the rest of the timesaving is coming from - but I wouldn't say trivial.

e: and yeah, it's "got 5 from the Ditto", not "got 5 from the ditto and rolled a 31 on the 6th" (Hidden Power will present issues!)

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

cheetah7071 posted:

I assume you mean a 5IV child (with the right 5), not 6. 6 IVs is literally 32 times less likely than 5IV.

Oh yes, that.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Haven't checked back through the thread if this has been mentioned or not, but Corocoro more or less confirmed Megas returning. A line mentions that Jangmo'o's Soundproof ability shields it from Sylveon and Mega-Gardevoir's Pixilate Hyper Voice.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Right, it's not awful - although I haven't looked into using Super Training at all to get EVs, so I assume that's where the rest of the timesaving is coming from - but I wouldn't say trivial.

e: and yeah, it's "got 5 from the Ditto", not "got 5 from the ditto and rolled a 31 on the 6th" (Hidden Power will present issues!)

Super Training isn't the best way to get EVs. You're much better off fighting hordes. With pokerus and the approriate power item, you get 50 EVs every minute or so with horde training.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Super Training turns out to be hideously inefficient compared to horde training, so it's best to only do it for the last few points on custom EV spreads. (For example, if you want 56 EVs in some stat, you fight a horde where each mon gives 1 IV while using Pokérus and the appropriate Power Item for 50 total points, then do level 1 training for +4 and hit two small bags for +1 each.) EVs cap at 252 now, so you don't have to worry about going over to 255 and wasting three points.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Right, Sweet Scent forces hordes. That's WAY the gently caress easier.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Additionally, the exp share gives EVs to pokemon you don't deploy, so you don't even have to switch out.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Welp I beat the elite four & champion in X, here's the final team:
Pam - Mamoswine lv 68
Xavier - Xerneas lv 64
Grenda - Greninja lv 66
Manectric - Manny lv 67
Victreebel - Vicky lv 63
Diana - Durant lv 64 Died to Wikstrom's Probopass

Xavier single handedly took down the champion which was really unexpected.
Caught 33 pokemon and lost 19 of them. Highest cause of death was wild pokemon and me not paying attention.

Nuzlocke is dumb.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Super training at least made EVs visible so you didn't have to preform all kinds of mental math while keeping track of them.

Has there been any word on if Super Training is returning to Sun and Moon? Or Horde Battles for that matter?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

I don't count nuzlocke deaths to replacement pokemon your'e training up against wild pokemon to match the rest of your team. I also don't count deaths caused by things like arena trap, shadow tag. That's just bullshit.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zuzie posted:

Super training at least made EVs visible so you didn't have to preform all kinds of mental math while keeping track of them.

Has there been any word on if Super Training is returning to Sun and Moon? Or Horde Battles for that matter?

Horde probably, Totem Guardians operate on similar mechanics and it'd be kinda weird to totally ditch them.

Ditto Super Training. Aime is back in a slightly expanded form so I hope they do the same for it.

The only thing I really want confirmed though is Wonder Trading. Goddamn will I be pissed if they remove the greatest feature of all time.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Why would they remove Lickitung and what does that have to do with wonder trading?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

I don't count nuzlocke deaths to replacement pokemon your'e training up against wild pokemon to match the rest of your team. I also don't count deaths caused by things like arena trap, shadow tag. That's just bullshit.

Well to be fair only two of those were during training and I was more relieved to not have to train them anymore.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Chill Penguin posted:

Eviolite Lickitung's time to shine :P

E: Lickitung can learn Dream Eater and Nightmare(via XD tutor) but no sleep-inducing moves...?

As a matter of fact, eviolite has been removed in S/M.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Mega stones are also quarantined to the extra-dimensional battle arena, a special building only for battles that include megas.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Pam - Mamoswine lv 68
Xavier - Xerneas lv 64
Grenda - Greninja lv 66
Manectric - Manny lv 67
Victreebel - Vicky lv 63

I mean yeah it's a xerneas

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ruggington posted:

I mean yeah it's a xerneas

I just didn't think he could moonblast his way to victory.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Pam - Mamoswine lv 68
Xavier - Xerneas lv 64
Grenda - Greninja lv 66
Manectric - Manny lv 67
Victreebel - Vicky lv 63

Caught 33 pokemon and lost 19 of them. Highest cause of death was wild pokemon and me not paying attention.

Nuzlocke is dumb.

did you use the exp share?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
When are we getting more pokeinformation

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Golden Goat posted:

I just didn't think he could moonblast his way to victory.

she has 2 dragons on her team and like 1 super effective move against fairy types

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Calaveron posted:

When are we getting more pokeinformation

They're like twice a month now so next month.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
why does gengar have levitate when every one of its sprites in all generations show its feet firmly planted on the ground

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

cheetah7071 posted:

why does gengar have levitate when every one of its sprites in all generations show its feet firmly planted on the ground

Gengar doesn't play by the rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

For the same reason Magnezone doesn't.

Also, Shmorky predicted Alolan Meowth: