Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

also lmao at pointing out my pithy responses and ignoring the guy that made a thoughtful reply to u. and literally lmao at realfoxy all the time

I was phone posting at the time and didn't see either your edit or the guy until after I had made that post.

rabidsquid posted:

this has come up dozens of times in the thread before and its always tinfoil riot games are loving us again poo poo and nobody listens when its explained so what is even the point exactly.

The "point" is people still try to pretend that they do lose money on the LCS and therefore they have a right to gently caress over the teams and not include them in any of the crazy money they make off of the LCS.

the other point is that everytime any sort of discussion comes up where Riot is implicated as being in the wrong, you walk the gently caress in, take a giant poo poo on the floor with smug posting and strawman every single post in the thread that is vaguely anti-riot and then start making fun of whoever is on the side of the argument that is against Riot.

rabidsquid posted:

should i write a paragraph about how i am mad at riot games and league is dying
case

rabidsquid posted:

yeah, using your loss leader to advertise for other people would be wildly idiotic, but i am sure the evil tryndamere is behind this
in

rabidsquid posted:

just lmao if you believe anything at all about anything
point

rabidsquid posted:

the china man would never allow an unprofitable thing, they would have canceleld league literally immediately

Like, you're very clearly capable of having a reasonable discussion about topics within this thread, most of your posts on the last page prove that. Why do you go out of your way to poo poo up the thread so often then?
e;

RealFoxy posted:

trying so hard to be keven 2.0

also, the gently caress is this supposed to even mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
He's only ironically pretending to be a shithead Luna come on

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jerkface posted:

The only prize i need is watching TSM grind these unbelievers beneath their boot

Add Jerkface too, he's gonna need a consolation price

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

this conversation has gone on relentlessly more or less since the renegades thing, with people claiming riots agenda bla bla bla bla bla BLA BLA BLA and its really loving tiresome, especially because a lot of really salient points have been made about all of these and then just immediately tossed out the window. i don't see what the purpose is at attempting a conversation about this when i've already made legitimate ones before that were just ignored because, as far as i can tell, the facts dont agree with the conclusion that was already in place.

after trying some genuine discussion about some topics and having it be ignored and then having those topics come up repeatedly like yeah im gonna post pithy poo poo about it.

edit: also notice that there's never any further discussion about the interesting stuff? or it's very rare. it just feels like a waste a lot of times, people just want to rail on.

RealFoxy posted:

He's only ironically pretending to be a shithead Luna come on

just fyi some people think you are obsessed with me

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 22, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
You're all tremendous babies thanks

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

this conversation has gone on relentlessly more or less since the renegades thing, with people claiming riots agenda bla bla bla bla bla BLA BLA BLA and its really loving tiresome, especially because a lot of really salient points have been made about all of these and then just immediately tossed out the window. i don't see what the purpose is at attempting a conversation about this when i've already made legitimate ones before that were just ignored because, as far as i can tell, the facts dont agree with the conclusion that was already in place.

after trying some genuine discussion about some topics and having it be ignored and then having those topics come up repeatedly like yeah im gonna post pithy poo poo about it.

I don't remember much of my posting from back during Relegades drama but I'd be more than willing to read your posts and have an actual debate with you if you would actually like it (although maybe not in this thread since lots of people in here seem to care more about trying to make one liners rather than effort posting!) although I remember most of your recent posts on the topic boiling down to "monte is a giant baby who go a-bloo-bloo".

still, my offer is open though, if you want to have an actual discussion about this stuff I'd be more than willing to do it here, in the league client or via discord or what have you.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, i have bagged on monte a lot lately because he went from a dude that i found entertaining and insightful to a dude who i feel like has spent the better part of the year cutting off his nose to spite his face. i also thought it was sort of lovely that he brought kelsey moser on to summoning insight with apparently the explicit purpose of being smug to her, especially since she was so nice and gracious about it.

but it's sort of difficult to express negative opinions about him because ignoring the obnoxious stuff he's part of the best lol broadcast, and a lot of people have decided he's "objectively correct" and his league preferences are just factual. talking about monte cristo is a losing battle because people who don't like him think he's a smug useless prick and people who do like him think he's a genius and you aren't smart enough to appreciate him.

edit: monte seems very much so like someone who would rather be right than back down, but it really seems like he's totally unwilling to consider that he might not actually be right.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

also gently caress no, make effort posts in here. i used to do big effort posts in here and its good.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

just fyi some people think you are obsessed with me
:ironicat:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Monte gets carried by Doa and is a massive prick and snob.

Riot has an abundance of great colour commentators so his absence won't really be felt at Worlds (for me at least). Doa will be missed, however. The vast majority of LoL play-by-play casters are utter garbage.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

exethan posted:

the last pro game i remember alex ich playing he rolled out 4 item components and boots 2 on mid ryze and i wanted to puke and die.

I don't want to look it up but I posted his ryze build which was : swifty boots, kindlegem, ruby crystal.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm going to buy all 5 TSM skins, secure in knowing that I'm helping give bjerg and the boys a better life.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firebert posted:

Monte gets carried by Doa and is a massive prick and snob.

Riot has an abundance of great colour commentators so his absence won't really be felt at Worlds (for me at least). Doa will be missed, however. The vast majority of LoL play-by-play casters are utter garbage.

i actually do agree with that, doa is really great at filling dead air and also humoring monte when he goes off on tangents.

if you guys hate league casters you should see the terrible poo poo that is hearthstone casting, where they do not allow doa to carry the casts and force you to listen to five other dicks for some reason in a rotating dick mode

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Professional Hearthstone sounds like an absolute hell to watch, play, commentate, or, indeed, be aware of the existence of.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pro hearthstone is good because there's a complete RNG card that pisses a ton of people off and is going to decide a major tournament sooner or later and theres going to be a community meltdown over it

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
My friend told me about Yogg Saron, is that it?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Hearthstone a great! Insult hearthstone again and I'm taking your Goku tag.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Vermain posted:

Professional Hearthstone sounds like an absolute hell to watch, play, commentate, or, indeed, be aware of the existence of.

And yet

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

AnonSpore posted:

My friend told me about Yogg Saron, is that it?

yea, people have meltdowns over Yogg constantly. i really can't wait for it to win a tournament.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
No one should ever watch pro Heartstone

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

do hearthstone tournaments have like, favorites to win? or is everyone close enough in skill that its just however things shake out that day?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I thought yogg already hosed a tournament out two up, because people have been asking for that card or a few cards to be added to a tourney ban list for a while now

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Radical posted:

do hearthstone tournaments have like, favorites to win? or is everyone close enough in skill that its just however things shake out that day?

I think there are certainly favorites in terms of no names vs well known players, but in more popular player matchups it's a crap shoot simply because of the rng the game is built upon. Not to long ago kripp (the number one hearthstone streamer) looked at hearthstone tourney winnings specifically for one guy that he had never seen a misplay from in tourney setting and the guy wasn't even top 50 in earnings. Like, we can complain about rng and no skill heroes in league or DotA, but there can be people in competitive hearthstone who make the literal best play possible every turn and still never place in tournaments.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't want to look it up but I posted his ryze build which was : swifty boots, kindlegem

i believe it was this plus tear and blasting wand but i'm not going to look for it either

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Krupp is a baby and if you listen to him you'll become a baby too.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

i hope the TSM championship skins have TSM chants on the recalls

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

he's very brave to feature his weird gross hair in such high fidelity

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

i hope the TSM championship skins have TSM chants on the recalls

keven how do you feel about the TSM brand sponsoring your friend Kripp

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I don't really care about TSM outside of league of legends or indeed any esports team except for the king of hearthstone teams, tempo storm. Become legendary at tempo storm.com. Use code "tempo" at checkout for a 10% discount.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

I thought yogg already hosed a tournament out two up, because people have been asking for that card or a few cards to be added to a tourney ban list for a while now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB1A_tSsDiM

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
enjoy your avatars friends

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
aw gently caress

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

This prize was a trap!

I will still read Squid's posts in Thoooorin's voice forever even if he loves the Kog now.

Actually now that I remember who Lep was I'm ok with repping one of the people who destroyed Alliance.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 22, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
drat dicks assassin and jerkface Dodge bullets

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
NO

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I knew what the prizes were going to be, and I didn't participate because I like my quikshot av

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I missed my chance at an Avalon avatar :(

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

henkman posted:

I knew what the prizes were going to be, and I didn't participate because I like my quikshot av

i wouldn't have been able to bring myself to change it. i almost couldnt change squid's but i remembered kog is his fav champ and he would probably like the best kog player as his pic

also i think wol has the best one. bs is like "drat! nice post"

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

enjoy your avatars friends

im not owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I can't promise I'll keep it past worlds but I'll wear it with pride until then :911:

(Why is there no :brazil: )

• Locked thread