Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Stairmaster posted:

isn't vaping with weed the original form of vaping?

Electronic cigarettes were invented by some guy in China to try and help people quit somking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

I got Margaret Cho vs. Alec Baldwin and actually sat there thinking about it for several minutes

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Electronic cigarettes were invented by some guy in China to try and help people quit somking

Yeah, but not all vaporizers are e-cigs. Apparently the idea of vaporizing weed was first popularized in the 90s by a Cherokee weed enthusiast (warning, horribly formatted site).

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Stroop There It Is posted:

I got Margaret Cho vs. Alec Baldwin and actually sat there thinking about it for several minutes

same but Courtney Love vs. Christian Slater

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Most Likely to Vape: Jared Leto

Least Likely to Vape: Beyonce

I agree with both of these headcanons honestly

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

padijun posted:

same but Courtney Love vs. Christian Slater

There's no goddamn way Courtney Love vapes. She's worked her way up to straight up battery acid at this point just to feel alive. What thrill could vaping possibly bring her.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

For a short time Corey Feldman held the Most Likely To Vape title

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Lowtax vs. radium?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Whizbang posted:

Lowtax vs. radium?

If radium had ever tried to vape we'd know because it would have crashed the forums.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

HMS Beagle posted:

If radium had ever tried to vape we'd know because it would have crashed the forums.

OK so pick any time the forums have crashed in the last few years (youve got a lot of choices).

Where there is only one set of footprints, that is where I stopped to vape

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Holy poo poo, Tom Baker vs. Keenen Ivory Wayans...I was about to stop because of a string of obscure pairings and then I got that.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Travis343 posted:

There's no goddamn way Courtney Love vapes. She's worked her way up to straight up battery acid at this point just to feel alive. What thrill could vaping possibly bring her.

nicotine is pretty much the most addictive thing ever, though

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Julie Andrews vs Martha Stewart

It's Martha, obviously.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
elisabeth moss vs kate moss

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

a trolley posted:

Julie Andrews vs Martha Stewart

It's Martha, obviously.

Martha Stewart has lodged herself firmly in the "MILENNIALS :argh:" camp while Julie Andrews is making fucktons of money from Despicable Me/Minions licensing, Andrews is far more likely to not be pathologically terrified of new things like vaping.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

Martha Stewart has lodged herself firmly in the "MILENNIALS :argh:" camp while Julie Andrews is making fucktons of money from Despicable Me/Minions licensing, Andrews is far more likely to not be pathologically terrified of new things like vaping.

If there was a remake of Mary Poppins this year, she would 110% be blowing smoke rings and poo poo while hanging from that umbrella.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

HMS Beagle posted:

Why do you think it's a CloudFlare error?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

defectivemonkey posted:

Why do you think it's a CloudFlare error?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihzp55Cuo7M

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

If there was a remake of Mary Poppins this year, she would 110% be blowing smoke rings and poo poo while hanging from that umbrella.

Spoilers from the new Mary Poppins with Lin and Emily Blunt.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
e: wrong thread :downs:

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
How Griffin has kept Ms. Beakman alive for so long is beyond me. Pidgey is always the first one to bite it in my X Nuzlockes.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Ms Beakman keeps herself alive through her powerful will alone. Your pidgeys must have been weaklings.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
my first few which one vapes were super easy but now it just dropped Bryan Cranston vs. Jeff Goldblum and, I'm gonna have to come back to that one

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

This really needs to tell you who is rated higher after you vote.

e: Zach Braff or BJ Novak?

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 22, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
There is no way it was intentional but I find it wonderfully poetic that The Eleventh Hour opened with the guys getting their summer wear and ended with its final episode releasing on the first day of fall.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Oh no, I forgot like 2 months ago they'd all been wearing shorts this whole time. My immersionnnnn!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
That definitely overtook Rockport as my favourite arc. Just the right mix of humour overarching plot, and totally sweet stunts. Taako's visitor at the end is going to be an interesting one considering the whole of refuge was doing the same thing. Is Kravitz going to bounty-hunt an entire town?

Griffin also makes some pretty sweet boss fight music:
https://soundcloud.com/griffinmcelroy/the-purple-worm

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Very good TAZ.

I wonder if Magnus actually did use the cup or some combination of artifacts in the past to rewrite history and end up a carpenter instead of whatever a red robe is. Or maybe the red robes are parallel universe evil mustache versions of the adventuring group.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

just finished the TAZ ep, holy guacamole that was well executed, although I was SUPER WORRIED when Roswell separated from their golem body that they were doing a heroic suicidal sacrifice. Thank goodness Griffo wouldn't do that to us. The only thing I was remotely disappointed by was that no one (beyond Isaac, I suppose) was pissed at them about their behavior in the loops--I was looking forward to that. But given the time lapse and the overall outcome, it's reasonable that they weren't.

There goes my theory about the loops explaining the number of deaths! Kravitz suggested they added more, so this arc can't explain the number (plus the different numbers for each of the boys). So it must be from that staticky period in the flashbacks. I have to wonder what happened to Sheriff Isaac, though, since they didn't check in with him and I don't remember anything being said in the epilogue about him? Obviously he's not in charge anymore.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

That definitely overtook Rockport as my favourite arc.
Same here. So very good.

poor life choice posted:

I wonder if Magnus actually did use the cup or some combination of artifacts in the past to rewrite history and end up a carpenter instead of whatever a red robe is. Or maybe the red robes are parallel universe evil mustache versions of the adventuring group.
I dunno, I don't think they are necessarily evil. I don't think Griffin gives a poo poo about alignment, so I doubt being evil is required to be a lich. The story is clearly more complicated than what the boyz have been told, or maybe even than the Director knows.

Just a reminder y'all, if you want to donate toward The Adventure Zine and Facing Hunger, the campaign is ending on 9/25.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Oh dang. Re-listening to the episode and realized that The Red Robe was talking to someone named Lup. Lup is the name that Taako burned into the wall while teaching Angus magic. Possibly the name of the red-robed skeleton that Taako took the staff from

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yuck

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Oh dang. Re-listening to the episode and realized that The Red Robe was talking to someone named Lup. Lup is the name that Taako burned into the wall while teaching Angus magic. Possibly the name of the red-robed skeleton that Taako took the staff from

Ah, that's a great catch there.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I normally don't care to make theories about stories, but after that episode I've got a good one, so here goes:

Magnus was apparently at this town before in one of the red robes, and the red robe knew them and expected them to trust it. All three of them have died many times before, and they all have staticky parts of their lives. I think the static of their lives is a time when they were all members of the red robes. I think that organization was meant to protect the artifacts by hiding them away, and may have even created them by splitting up that god-like being they talked to in the chalice. They died many times and came back probably using the chalice at some point. And somehow their time there was erased from their minds, maybe by the Void Fish or a separate one, which could explain Magnus' connection to the Bureau one. I think the Bureau, or at least the Director, will end up being the villain the red robes were fighting who is actually gathering the relics to revive the being inside them. And the end of the campaign will likely be fighting the Director possessed by that fully reformed being.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Actually, you're all wrong. Magnus, Taako and Merle are ghosts.

So simple.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Obviously Kravitz is counting all the times that the boys tried to solve their problems by dying in their sleep

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Obviously Kravitz is counting all the times that the boys tried to solve their problems by dying in their sleep

You to Wave Echo Cave
get the skeleton's staff
Join the bureau of balance
and then you dieinyoursleep

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Practical Demon posted:

I normally don't care to make theories about stories, but after that episode I've got a good one, so here goes:

Magnus was apparently at this town before in one of the red robes, and the red robe knew them and expected them to trust it. All three of them have died many times before, and they all have staticky parts of their lives. I think the static of their lives is a time when they were all members of the red robes. I think that organization was meant to protect the artifacts by hiding them away, and may have even created them by splitting up that god-like being they talked to in the chalice. They died many times and came back probably using the chalice at some point. And somehow their time there was erased from their minds, maybe by the Void Fish or a separate one, which could explain Magnus' connection to the Bureau one. I think the Bureau, or at least the Director, will end up being the villain the red robes were fighting who is actually gathering the relics to revive the being inside them. And the end of the campaign will likely be fighting the Director possessed by that fully reformed being.

I think a lot of this is on point. I also think that the thing that's destroying reality is the same thing that is powering the artifacts, and whenever they destroy a relic, the god fragment that was powering it is released.

I definitely think there is a second voidfish, the way that Magnus can't quite percieve the statue schematic is a textbook reaction to one.

I'm also fairly certain that they were all redrobes at some point. It's the first explanation for why they can resist the temptation of the relics when no one else can, beyond them being PCs and everyone else being an NPC. What I'm most curious about is, were they a team in the red robes as well? If so, what drew them back together? What are the odds that three former redrobes, having had all of their memories erased, all wind up in the same small town bar, looking for a job, at the same time?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Ariong posted:

I'm also fairly certain that they were all redrobes at some point. It's the first explanation for why they can resist the temptation of the relics when no one else can, beyond them being PCs and everyone else being an NPC. What I'm most curious about is, were they a team in the red robes as well? If so, what drew them back together? What are the odds that three former redrobes, having had all of their memories erased, all wind up in the same small town bar, looking for a job, at the same time?

Istus works in mysterious ways.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

This may be my favourite part of the whole arc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Does anyone else think that Robbie Pringles got tossed in the slammer because he found out something terrible about the BOB? I keep wanting one of the guys to go snooping around the base and find where he's being held.