Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Things I learned in therapy:

Anger can cause cancer

Free will is not an illusion that can coexist with an almighty who knows exactly where when and how you will fall before you're even born

The 12 steps work

The thirteenth step isn't a thing and doesn't exist

Peace can come if you let go of everything that hurts

I wonder who that almighty is hmmm.

He also has a son that I think you have to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

When I cleaned out my car before it went into the body shop, I found my 3 ring binder from when I went to rehab.

It was full of 12 step stuff (obviously), along with putting faith into a higher power, and all of this was printed on both the front and back cover. I left it in the car on the passenger seat. Kinda curious how the body shop people reacted to it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Can't see the forest from the trees situation.

Basically -- to not be poisoned, you have to stop poisoning yourself. There are just many ways to say that / examples to use / etc

The terminology doesn't matter, the overarching idea does.

Edit: and there may be some truth to the anger/cancer thing: http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-cancer-anxiety-men-20160920-snap-story.html

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 21, 2016

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Things I learned in therapy:

This is a legit thing with some schools of talk therapy.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

14 BAR RIFF posted:

The thirteenth step isn't a thing and doesn't exist

Well not with that attitude. But you just KNOW Brad thinks about it and just needs a drink and a nudge in the right direction...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Slim Pickens posted:

Well not with that attitude. But you just KNOW Brad thinks about it and just needs a drink and a nudge in the right direction...

drat it Janet

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

drat it Janet

SLUT!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Hey does anyone have the links to some of the previous threads?

I'm trying to show my buddy who's going on the truck trip what kind of insanity he's getting into.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

14" thread isn't enough?

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Here's the last thread, don't have any others: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3575865

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Manually De rusting an AMX gas tank loving sucks aaaaasssssssss

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I told you to use a chain.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

meatpimp posted:

Can't see the forest from the trees situation.

Basically -- to not be poisoned, you have to stop poisoning yourself. There are just many ways to say that / examples to use / etc

The terminology doesn't matter, the overarching idea does.

Edit: and there may be some truth to the anger/cancer thing: http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-cancer-anxiety-men-20160920-snap-story.html

If anger causes cancer, I probably already have cancer.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

veedubfreak posted:

If anger causes cancer, I probably already have cancer.

:rip:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Should work well enough for a test fire attempt, with aims to replace entirely should a replacement be located.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So this was as driven, no fuel filter and return line hanging free.

Rare factory plywood motor mount option package

No need for heat when you're this cool

Those aren't damp spots below the floats, those are actually rust dunes. And somehow the float tang is bent so that it's fully shut off at all times.

I had this thing on the freeway lol

Unrelated :

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Excuse me sir do you have a moment to discuss our lord and savior the electron?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Electrolytic-Rust-Removal-From-A-Motorcycle-Gas-Ta/

(That poo poo works great)

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

We must appreciate the little joys in life :shobon:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
People bitch that the original Carter carb is finicky and a pile of poo poo, but the greybeards love them. I'm convinced, went from that one with literal rust dunes to ready to rock in under 5 minutes.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
loving incredible.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Guess you're going to the junkyard to pull some of those little hatch-strut bobbins off cars.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
And to loving top it off I've loving lost the q-tip sized drill bit, the next one down is a half bit, and I just have this gut feeling screaming absolutely do not ever bore oversize for any reason and it's killing me

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also i just spotted this

I hosed up my knee yesterday and despite knowing boots are needed was in flip flops due to trying to air my feet out because of the bad nails, and dropped my knipex directly jaw tip down dead center over the worst corner of the worst nail on the worst toe.

And with the Gremlin and AMX neck and neck all the way with the fire ups just in sight the entire loving place gets hit by the CROWPOCALYPSE

Picked up a little dreamcatcher for the Honda.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Holy poo poo lol

e; the Uber sign on the window should be mirrored but otherwise A-loving-+

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I laughed, because here's 3 of them all simultaneously picking up and dropping off in front of my house for the restaurant across the street from my front door, and me stuck unable to even clear the cross walk because I didn't know all three of them were sitting there loving themselves in the rear end for fun waiting to see who felt like leaving first.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I asked Rosie if she's gonna go out or sit there like a big dumb idiot so I can't get dressed this morning.

Seattle. Any ID on the roadster?

Helping goons rip out their rear ends and make a mess in their garage.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 27, 2016

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Helping goons rip out their rear ends and make a mess in their garage.

Paging CSB to the 14" thread, CSB to the 14" thread...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My dad just asked if I was okay bease of all the Limp Bizkit stuff I've been facebooking haha

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

14 BAR RIFF posted:

My dad just asked if I was okay bease of all the Limp Bizkit stuff I've been facebooking haha

If you didn't ask him for a cookie, I don't think I know you anymore.
ps - move in, now move out hands up, now hands down

Or is that more the Causemaro's theme song? :P

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think All in the family is the Causemaro's Jam.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
If you didn't see it on facebook - it's an Elva Courier.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I did notice, a mechanic group I'm in with 39,000 members all said kit car haha

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
I met a guy with an Elva Courier at Pacific raceways earlier this year. Super cool vintage race car. The construction of is was pretty neat and he let me look all over the car while he was telling me about it.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/chassisNum.aspx?carid=11662&idNumID=1502

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think I've done it. My magnum opus. My newfound purpose in life. So simple, so elegant.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I think I've done it. My magnum opus. My newfound purpose in life. So simple, so elegant.

:eyepop:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I loving dare you guys to tell me I don't control the weather, it only rained while we worked on the cars, stopped and dried up when we went to the hardware store, and came back full force upon our return.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Gas tank going back in.

Soft lines to the tank replaced, not taking another pic I've laid on the wet ground enough for one day.

Carb just needs some clamps and the float set, and already have another fuel hard line just need to install it.

Gas tank butt plug installed.

So yeah, that and chucking a battery in and it should be ready to try to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Now that the Honda has power to cruise at 80+mph should traffic decide to allow it, I'd like to take an opportunity to demonstrate proper driving technique to maintain proper speed and angle of attack.

Just keep the pedal buried and try not to think about how small you really are in the grand scheme of things, and the only thing stopping your tiny little spark of sentient existence from absolute, total oblivion might as well be a coffin made from tinfoil and granted the power of mobility because mankind is doomed, their folly to reach past their limits in search of the great unknown

• Locked thread