Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilChameleon
Nov 20, 2003

In my infinite money,
the jimmies rustle softly.

Dirk the Average posted:

Isn't a new version of Agricola due out soon or something? I remember reading about it a while back and held off on the game due to it.

al-azad posted:

Is the revised Agricola the one Rutibex was complaining about with a bunch of stuff removed (I'm not talking about Family).

The revised edition has things pruned, but they are releasing an "expansion" (module?) for it that will bring it up to 6 players and have all the previously available decks, and at least one completely new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Here's another vote to gently caress Swindler.

But part of me hopes Donald turns the world upside-down by replacing Chapel. Hell, just changing it to cost 3 might cause riots.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

CaptainRightful posted:

But part of me hopes Donald turns the world upside-down by replacing Chapel. Hell, just changing it to cost 3 might cause riots.
I hope you don't think that changing it to cost 3 is a good idea. There are very clear reasons why chapel is costed 2, and that includes the fact that it is such a powerful card. If it was less powerful it would be priced 3.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

CaptainRightful posted:

Keep Chapel the same but rename it to Woodcutter, make Dominion strategy archives really confusing.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Tekopo posted:

I hope you don't think that changing it to cost 3 is a good idea. There are very clear reasons why chapel is costed 2, and that includes the fact that it is such a powerful card. If it was less powerful it would be priced 3.

I never said it was a good idea, just that replacing or changing Chapel would cause greater uproar than any other possible change he could make.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Kiranamos posted:

Agricola: 0 dwarves
Caverna: many dwarf

Your move

Hot take: dwarves are stupid.

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Not directly related to Agricola or Dominion: I have a bunch of games that come with cards but don't include any real storage for them (Friedrich, most of the Columbia block wargames, various things from Fantasy Flight). I've been using plastic deck boxes but they're kind of overkill for games that come with like 25 cards and they tend to be too big to fit in the box. So I ordered a bunch of generic tuckboxes from makeplayingcards.com (the only place that seems to offer them) and they turned out to be serviceable. Just an FYI for others who are looking for an obsessive board game storage upgrade.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

I just rubberband the decks nice and tight!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Lunsku posted:

I just rubberband the decks nice and tight!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Have you tried staples?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I just hope that DXV doesn't change all the incredible artwork, like Harem or Shanty Town.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lorini posted:

These are the Agricola games currently available:

Agricola publisher Zman Games
Farmers of the Moor, Agricola expansion Zman Games
Agricola (revised) Mayfair games
Agricola Family version Mayfair games.

Agricola as presented by Zman will need drafting to avoid unbalance. Farmers helps but there are still cards that are literally better than other cards in that edition.
Agricola as presented by Mayfair has a better balance of cards
Family version of Agricola is a stripped down version.

There.

:worship:

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Gilgameshback posted:

Not directly related to Agricola or Dominion: I have a bunch of games that come with cards but don't include any real storage for them (Friedrich, most of the Columbia block wargames, various things from Fantasy Flight). I've been using plastic deck boxes but they're kind of overkill for games that come with like 25 cards and they tend to be too big to fit in the box. So I ordered a bunch of generic tuckboxes from makeplayingcards.com (the only place that seems to offer them) and they turned out to be serviceable. Just an FYI for others who are looking for an obsessive board game storage upgrade.

Have you heard of our lord and savior, the ziplock bag?

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
Where do you shop for your Gaming Ziplocs™?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I just purchased some nice plastic bands (plastibands I think is the trademark name). They keep your cards together but don't have the watermelon bursting tensile strength of rubberbands so they won't destroy your cards.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

dropkickpikachu posted:

Just buy a bunch of X-Wing Miniatures and you'll have plenty of baggies in a variety of sizes.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

dropkickpikachu posted:

Wegmans

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Also, no joke, bondage tape is really good for storing games.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
"my tastes are... singular" comic, except it pans to tek's 18xx collection with a roll of bondage tape.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ziploc bag vs. Plano box, discuss.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

cenotaph posted:

Have you heard of our lord and savior, the ziplock bag?

al-azad posted:

I just purchased some nice plastic bands (plastibands I think is the trademark name). They keep your cards together but don't have the watermelon bursting tensile strength of rubberbands so they won't destroy your cards.

Tekopo posted:

Also, no joke, bondage tape is really good for storing games.

ffs

Hair ties.

Softer on cards, don't degrade like rubber, don't stick to each other like bondage tape, cost like $6 USD for 24. Get the ones without metal.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Gutter Owl posted:

ffs

Hair ties.

Softer on cards, don't degrade like rubber, don't stick to each other like bondage tape, cost like $6 USD for 24. Get the ones without metal.

Dude knows what's up. Best card bands around period.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Poopy Palpy posted:

Just buy a bunch of X-Wing Miniatures and you'll have plenty of baggies in a variety of sizes.

This is where most of my baggies have come from but I'm already running out. Guess I'll have to buy more wangs.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

dropkickpikachu posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-4-Mil...NHRT2s1Eb5of2UQ

Warning - only for true doom murderheads

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Gutter Owl posted:

ffs

Hair ties.

Would still put indentations on sleeves. I use a variety of stuff. Some deck boxes for MK, an 800ct box for Combat Commander, but for stuff with a small deck of cards like No Retreat or Fighting Formations I use bags I already own.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Now that's what I'm talkin about.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Just don't buy too many plastic bags all at once. The seller will assume you're a drug dealer (I feel like this is an anecdote from this very thread...)

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

canyoneer posted:

I just hope that DXV doesn't change all the incredible artwork, like Harem or Shanty Town.

Hope they all get replaced with the isotropic art.

Dr. Video Games 0069 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 23, 2016

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I like Ultra Pro team bags for card storage. For Lord of the Rings, I have my encounter deck cards sleeved in penny sleeves and stored separated by set in their own team bags.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Standard-Packs-Value/dp/B00JNZ4LB2/

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I just glue all my cards together.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

So what should I do for something stupid like those giant fuckoff cards that come with 7 Wonders: Babel (other than the comedy option of burning them)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Sockser posted:

So what should I do for something stupid like those giant fuckoff cards that come with 7 Wonders: Babel (other than the comedy option of burning them)

gallon size ziploc, folded over?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I bought 500 of these each in 3x4 and 4x6 3 years ago and I'm just now running out. reasonable decks of cards fit in a 3x4, bigger ones in a 4x6.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 23, 2016

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

sector_corrector posted:

I check out my local remaindered junk store on occasion to see what they have for board games, and they're currently stocked with a game called Scrappers (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/43168/scrappers) that has decent reviews on BGG. Anyone played this?

Trying this one more time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Just throw all the cards loose in the box, sure it takes three times as long to set up Dominion but at least clean up is faster!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I know when someone never plans on playing a game again when they toss all the components straight into the box. My FFG copy of Merchant of Venus sounds like maracas when you shake it.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Speaking of set-up/tear-down, I just bought and put together the broken token organizer for Mage Knight and holy fuckin moses it easily takes at least 10 minutes out of each side of the process. Very recommended.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

dropkickpikachu posted:

Speaking of set-up/tear-down, I just bought and put together the broken token organizer for Mage Knight and holy fuckin moses it easily takes at least 10 minutes out of each side of the process. Very recommended.

I found this one to be higher quality, especially the wood and engraving - http://www.daedalusproductionsinc.com/product/mage-knight

I have his Caverna one which I also prefer to Broken Token because it separates the resources into two boxes so you can spread them on the table much more easily.

Either one is a huge improvement though for sure.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

So is Voyages of Marco Polo out of stock everywhere because it was featured somewhere and everyone grabbed a copy or shortage of printing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
With regards to the impending Dominion updates; it looks like the best way to get (almost) everything new (assuming one already owns Dominion and Intrigue) would be with a full copy of Dominion 2nd Edition and the Intrigue Update Pack. The only card with actual updated wording one wouldn't get would be Masquerade, but buying the full Dominion box would provide the newest Base Cards, the Trash Mat, the three cards with "You may" added, etc