Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lozzle posted:

Have you considered moving to a less lovely state? Like Mississippi?

My rear end is moving the moment it becomes economically feasible bro.

fits my needs posted:

Oh, um....well I hope you marry someone of means and aren't relegated to a life of poverty.

Aforementioned blue-eyed blonde has made better career decisions than me. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why are there 4 pages of new posts in the 1 hour it took me to drive home from work?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Dexo posted:

It's been ~2 loving years. The Civil Rights Movement took like 10+ years to get meaningful changes you idiot.

I'm pretty sure the Civil Rights Act came about because MLK clapped his hands and willed it into existence.

Is this not the case?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
So some black dudes beat up a white guy in Charlotte and now that means BLM is literally worse than police officers because reverse racism

gently caress it's depressing how many of my high school friends have grown up to be racists

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot

radical meme posted:

Dallas was not the same as any other protest you just cited. Dallas was a peaceful planned and targeted protest that turned violent because of a crazy guy with a guy wanting to kill cops.

NC is even more complex that it seems because, IIRC there has a been a questionable shooting once every couple of months there and the whole community was already on edge.

Let me also add that random violence against police is about the most counterproductive thing imaginable, in case anyone was getting any ideas based on what I've posted.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

rscott posted:

So some black dudes beat up a white guy in Charlotte and now that means BLM is literally worse than police officers because reverse racism

gently caress it's depressing how many of my high school friends have grown up to be racists

They always were racists, friend.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
btw burn down The Hill

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/779041100162011136

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Goatman Sacks posted:

Why are there 4 pages of new posts in the 1 hour it took me to drive home from work?

Because we are having a #BLM derail*.

*Not really a derail since it is super pertinent to this election and US politics in general.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Instant Sunrise posted:

pictured below, an ideal protest that doesn't inconvenience anybody:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/777932816613044224

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

CNN, ABC, now the Hill...

Who else will be first against the wall under President Abuela?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Doredrin posted:

Let me also add that random violence against police is about the most counterproductive thing imaginable, in case anyone was getting any ideas based on what I've posted.

If it were up to me, I would put police and their families (lmao, and their families!) into internment camps. But nobody should read into my comments that we should consider maybe committing random acts of violence against police.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

rscott posted:

Racists find it pretty easy to hide it from others, even themselves until they get some kind of trigger.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

mcmagic posted:

Seems like the best chance of getting a conviction to me. Similar to the Freddie Grey case. These cops, especially a female cop, who gets up there and says they were in fear of their life just seem amazingly hard to convict.

I'm still of the standpoint that if a group of armed professionals is in fear of their lives from an unarmed individual, that is an acceptable plea in court but should also prove they lack the temperment and courage to serve as officers of the law.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If Colin Kaepernick doesn't prove that white racists will declare literally any protest "too disruptive" I don't know what does. He was protesting so quietly people didn't even notice he was doing it for weeks.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lol here's the dr's other op-ed https://www.news-journal.com/news/2016/sep/12/coppedge-questions-about-hillary-clinton/

quote:

— Dr. John R. Coppedge, a resident of rural Longview, is a retired surgeon and occasional contributor to the News-Journal.

Rural East Texas is as bad as you think.

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot

Lightning Knight posted:

If it were up to me, I would put police and their families (lmao, and their families!) into internment camps. But nobody should read into my comments that we should consider maybe committing random acts of violence against police.

Political power grows from the barrel of a gun, but conducting politics with a gun is rarely a good idea.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

nutranurse posted:

They always were racists, friend.

Yeah probably, but now they're old enough to be set in their ways and starting families to pass down that poo poo

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

If Colin Kaepernick doesn't prove that white racists will declare literally any protest "too disruptive" I don't know what does. He was protesting so quietly people didn't even notice he was doing it for weeks.

They're just afraid of him unleashing his inner hulk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrXpTZaJVVs <- what white people think black people will do irl.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

I sent an angry email comparing The Hill to Breitbart. I can only hope this is enough.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

the onion is right on as usual.

but yeah 'free speech zones' were very much a thing in the bush years and i can't believe that people want to unironically bring them back in the year 2016

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Instant Sunrise posted:

the onion is right on as usual.

but yeah 'free speech zones' were very much a thing in the bush years and i can't believe that people want to unironically bring them back in the year 2016

Free speech zones are the dumbest idea ever.

Even dumber than giving white people in the South the right to vote again.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

lozzle posted:

presumably none of them, since her frail body will give out right after being sworn in

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Hill has been anti-Hillary to an almost goofy degree for a long while now. It used to be you could go onto r/politics in the runup to the DNC and see the front page clogged with like 15 different Hillary conspiracy stories published by The Hill because the #NeverHillary rubes ate that poo poo up like Pringles.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

But him failing to bow before a meaningless ritual while racism and xenophobia surges are just such an insult to American values!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Goatman Sacks posted:

It's always refreshing when posting in a comedy forums labeled Debate & Discussion in a subforum designated for U.S. Politics that the majority of responses to a challenge to the collective hive mind is some form of "oh yeah, well you loving suck" or "you must be old". Most of you guys are way to loving easy to trigger.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

https://twitter.com/charlotteirene8/status/770781388958117888

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Isn't Coppedge the guy who have Rick Perry mystery back injections?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

radical meme posted:

It's always refreshing when posting in a comedy forums labeled Debate & Discussion in a subforum designated for U.S. Politics that the majority of responses to a challenge to the collective hive mind is some form of "oh yeah, well you loving suck" or "you must be old". Most of you guys are way to loving easy to trigger.

Let it be known the dreaded evil D&D hivemind supports policies as heinous as, "Black people don't deserve to be executed in the streets by supposed peace officers."

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

radical meme posted:

puppetmaster.txt

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nutranurse posted:

Let it be known the dreaded evil D&D hivemind supports policies as heinous as, "Black people don't deserve to be executed in the streets by supposed peace officers."

You're going to have to show me where anybody suggested otherwise.

edit: had to reword for clarity

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Hi sorry guys I just got a memo from the Black Illuminati... new rule, straight from Bey: No white people are permitted to discuss BLM or black activism in general unless they can explain the ending of Do the Right Thing.

Ah, poo poo, wait, it was - it was the Statue of Liberty all along? So he had traveled through time, not space?

Crap. I'm never going to be allowed to tell people'l what I think about the negro. :smith:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

But of course there's nothing in Trump's behavior that suggests serious disorders, is there?:downs:

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

radical meme posted:

"guys I was just pretending to be ratrded" :downs:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

lozzle posted:

"guys I was just pretending to be ratrded" :downs:

I guess you just made my point.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

radical meme posted:

I called you old because you use multiple spaces after a period like an ancient dinosaur

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RaleighReporter/status/779079146571956228

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/sparksjls/status/779091084349730816

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lemming posted:

I called you old because you use multiple spaces after a period like an ancient dinosaur

I think we should give Tiny Brontosaurus a chance to weigh in on this one.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lozzle posted:

Rushbo, followed by the NYT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

The GOP is definitely not racist, we swear!

• Locked thread