Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

xyigx posted:

7 star g9 lvl 80 space cowboy reporting in. You are doing the right thing. He just never gets better his damage and health are still lower than my 76 6 star dengar.

^^^^ hmmm ok so lando, ani, palpy and b2 who is the last monster to put in a aoe team using these guys? I feel like a taunt is needed but I can't think of anyone with aoe and taunt.

the new guy that we're getting shards for as part of the daily login and event has an aoe attack/taunt

edit: scarif rebel pathfinder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

^^^^ hmmm ok so lando, ani, palpy and b2 who is the last monster to put in a aoe team using these guys? I feel like a taunt is needed but I can't think of anyone with aoe and taunt.

200 speed SThan.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

the new guy that we're getting shards for as part of the daily login and event has an aoe attack/taunt

Oh yeah hopefully they make him semi easy to farm.

^^^^ yeah sth gets a lot of work, but if I can have all aoe all the time well it will probably suck, but it's going to be fun at least. I am actually thinking sth with everyone else droids once I get b2.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Davethulhu posted:

scarf rebel

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
e: ^ beat me to it

The new login reward guy has AoE that also taunts, right?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yes and it sounds pretty rad. Time to form a super duper aoe team.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Have they said where you'll continue getting shards for him once the event and login rewards are over?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I just...ow. This makes me want to cry

Capgasp posted:

To be completely frank, it [Boba Rework] isn't going to happen soon. All designers here are incredibly busy with other things and those on high have suspended reworks (but not bugfixes) until this latest batch of work is done, and there is a veritable mountain of work to do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/53o7r6/about_game_balance_nerfs_and_buffs/

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Damnit... Fix my Boba Fett now!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Sucks, but given the last two patches were actually good, I am willing to forgive them !

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I suspect their new work is probably the new raid + stuff for the new movie. I wonder if they really have abandoned ships though, would be neat if they expanded the game to have a squad of ships to fight with too.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

two_step posted:

I suspect their new work is probably the new raid + stuff for the new movie. I wonder if they really have abandoned ships though, would be neat if they expanded the game to have a squad of ships to fight with too.

I would actually prefer more things to do with the characters we already have instead of a whole new grind. Mods were bad enough :(

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

I would actually prefer more things to do with the characters we already have instead of a whole new grind. Mods were bad enough :(

I agree and could honestly care less about ships. Cool in theory, but I imagine their implementation would be awful.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Mr. Neutron posted:

100% agree. This game is already bloated enough.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Maybe they could have star ships blow up the GW and have the hut eat that table as a snack to get rid of it.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Are there any characters with droid synergy besides other droids, Poggle, and the Jawa Engineer? I'm really liking those three bundle robots and I think I'll work on them for a while. (I know Jawas are Light side though so obviously that won't do for the no-mixed-teams battles.)

Saw the little $5 Greedo pack was about to expire so I went ahead and did it just to save some grinding on the Scoundrels you need for that heist stuff. So Chewie, Greedo, IG-88, slowly plinking away at trooper Han, and it looks like I'm two Cantina wins away from being able to grind Lando coins.

Do any group tags besides Scoundrels, Jedi and Rebels have special challenge type things where you gotta have 'em to do it, or are the rest just for fun and group synergies?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

mushroom_spore posted:

Are there any characters with droid synergy besides other droids, Poggle, and the Jawa Engineer? I'm really liking those three bundle robots and I think I'll work on them for a while. (I know Jawas are Light side though so obviously that won't do for the no-mixed-teams battles.)

Saw the little $5 Greedo pack was about to expire so I went ahead and did it just to save some grinding on the Scoundrels you need for that heist stuff. So Chewie, Greedo, IG-88, slowly plinking away at trooper Han, and it looks like I'm two Cantina wins away from being able to grind Lando coins.

Do any group tags besides Scoundrels, Jedi and Rebels have special challenge type things where you gotta have 'em to do it, or are the rest just for fun and group synergies?

Some of the other Jawas also have droid synergies -- but not quite as great as JE's

https://swgoh.gg/characters/f/jawa/

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Malgrin posted:

Some of the other Jawas also have droid synergies -- but not quite as great as JE's

https://swgoh.gg/characters/f/jawa/

Oh the chief does look nice. Maybe I'll try to toss him and the engi in with my three bots, they seem reasonably easy to get at my current level compared to any more droids. :toot:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

mushroom_spore posted:

Oh the chief does look nice. Maybe I'll try to toss him and the engi in with my three bots, they seem reasonably easy to get at my current level compared to any more droids. :toot:

Yeah, I've seen a lot of droid comps running Nebit lead, JE, 86, 88, +1. I think usually HK, but could also be B2.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I imagine B2 is way better than HK unless you are using his leader ability.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Didn't they say jaws's were going to be great in the next raid? Or did I make some weird mistake of grinding jaws's for the last month or so?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

xyigx posted:

Didn't they say jaws's were going to be great in the next raid? Or did I make some weird mistake of grinding jaws's for the last month or so?

Next raid is rumoured to be droids in fact I'm sure a dev confirmed as much somewhere in their subreddit. Hence the grind for jawas and (lol) eeth koth.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

rocket_Magnet posted:

Next raid is rumoured to be droids in fact I'm sure a dev confirmed as much somewhere in their subreddit. Hence the grind for jawas and (lol) eeth koth.

Ah yes my 7 star eeth who may as well have come wearing a "I only here because Yoda" T-shirt. The nice thing is at least he will have a use unlike the poor bastards who farmed up jkg.

I make bad decisions just ask me about my night sister :suicide:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Forget Eeeth, get IGD. Mine crits for 20k on droids and that is without crit dmg mods OR Anakin lead OR defense down !

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

xyigx posted:

Ah yes my 7 star eeth who may as well have come wearing a "I only here because Yoda" T-shirt. The nice thing is at least he will have a use unlike the poor bastards who farmed up jkg.

I make bad decisions just ask me about my night sister :suicide:

Night sister initiate, Talia, and asajj were some of the first characters I 7* :suicide:.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

Forget Eeeth, get IGD. Mine crits for 20k on droids and that is without crit dmg mods OR Anakin lead OR defense down !

Well that gives me something to finally spend my guild bux on so I may as well lol.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Current one attempt rule benefits the following people:
-Turn meter manipulation squad that plays during P1, allows putting up 2-2.5 million damage on the raid board.

Current one attempt rule punishes the following people:
-Anyone who collects toons rather than maxing out a specific squad
-Anyone who is newer and only has an arena squad powered up (not turn meter focused)
-Anyone who doesn't have mod challenges unlocked (no speed)
-Anyone who misses P1
-Anyone who begins attempt in P4

The raid has multiple phases with different mechanisms which means one attempt in one phase is not equal to one attempt in another phase. If someone plays one attempt in P4 they are lucky to get 50k. If they play one attempt in P2-P3 they are lucky to get 500k. If they play one attempt in P1 they can get over 1M.

I don't care about the raid aside from just wanting to smack the rancor and get shards. I don't care about mods, or spreadsheets or builds. I just like throwing my toons at the rancor. Each of my attempts earns me like 50k damage.

I previously suggested a 12hr no damage window followed by a FFA thereafter where there is no restriction as to how you play the raid. Anyone with a P1 turn meter squad will still come out on top but other people with more toons will get in more attempts. In my opinion this allows people who have many toons but miss P1 or don't have a TM squad to actually put up similar numbers to those who have a P1 specific team.

I think this is more fair but other players disagree.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

If it becomes a free for all it will end within 30 minutes and incentivizes dumping as much damage as possible and ending the raid to secure your position. This will basically leave many people's position up to whatever inane sorting method the game uses for ranking 0 damage people.

I'm far from a 2 million damage guy but I can throw up 400k on p2 or 200k autoing p4 and that looks to be about where most people fall generally.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

I added my name to the spreadsheet and have been inviting allies from the list. Please add me if you have an open spot on your allies list. Also looking for a guild with an open spot.

IGN: Muadib
Ally code: 141-694-574

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

I don't care about the raid aside from just wanting to smack the rancor and get shards. I don't care about mods, or spreadsheets or builds. I just like throwing my toons at the rancor. Each of my attempts earns me like 50k damage.

You put down 1 million in today's raid. I'm going to guess that wasn't 20 attacks?

cowofwar posted:

I previously suggested a 12hr no damage window followed by a FFA thereafter where there is no restriction as to how you play the raid. Anyone with a P1 turn meter squad will still come out on top but other people with more toons will get in more attempts. In my opinion this allows people who have many toons but miss P1 or don't have a TM squad to actually put up similar numbers to those who have a P1 specific team.

No, other people won't get in more attempts. If all of the P1s went full out, P2 would be finished at the same time as P1, because we can all do 15-20% P2 damage in our first attack. Since P2 doesn't actually start until someone completes P1 and then dies or backs out, P2 would basically explode before anyone had a chance to jump into it. Then, everyone without a P1 squad would be jumping into their first attack while the P1s would be starting their second attack on P3, which would also be done in about 10 minutes. We would then throw our next 3 squads at P4, and the whole raid would be over within 15 minutes of P1 being beat. I fail to see how this is more fair.

Also, I'm seeing more people want to join a good guild. This is from the guild spreadsheet post:

imantor posted:

lots of unguilded goons on the spreadsheet. How do we go about getting hooked up?

Basically, keep spamming in here. If QGJ is also full, it may be time to get GGA up and running and active again. I heard there were still some very not-tryhards keeping that guild going, so as long as there's a guild leader or officer that wants to start accepting people over there, that'd be cool. Also, they probably don't check the forums every day, so post here a lot, or start sending them SA PMs (look up their usernames in the spreadsheet).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 22, 2016

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
GGA goon here, activity during the raids has died off and only like 3 people are doing enough damage for us to complete it. I'm still barely doing 100k damage each attack. I'd love to see more activity but I'm not entirely sure who is in charge of accepting members.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
We got 4 spaces in QGJ, dunno who you have to ask to get in

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So then leave P1 open for two hours so we can all get on the 2M damage train.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

So then leave P1 open for two hours so we can all get on the 2M damage train.

So...you want 40 people to try to have this open either on their phone or computer for 2 hours? What about the people that can't participate in P1? They now have to wait until 11 to get in on the raid?

I get that you're frustrated and want things changed, but I haven't seen any suggestions that actually make sense. If you want to come up with some options and put a poll in here, then organize everyone in game to actually log in and take the poll, be my guest. If you somehow come up with a solution that's better than what we are doing, and a majority of our guild likes it, cool. Until then, I'm honestly not going to bother with this. I'm done spending my time trying to figure out a raid deal that works for everyone, because every time it comes down to me, and I spend a bunch of time listening to everyone and trying to get people to actually come to a consensus on what works best, and then everyone disagrees anyways. So yeah, either do all that for me, or I don't care.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Current: fair because only a couple people can post 2M damage. Same people win every time. We can't change because the top is very concerned about fairness for those at the bottom.

FFA: unfair because more people would post 2M damage. Different people fill up board based on chance.

I guess I'll just get on the P1 train since the status quo is too strong.

Edit - i honestly don't care. The bad game design makes this stupid raid impossible to be made fair.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 22, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

FFA: unfair because more people would post 2M damage. Different people fill up board based on chance.

Unfair because the people posting 2 mil will now be posting 5 mil, the people posting 1 mil will post 2 mil, and so on. The people at the bottom who have exactly one squad (like one arena team) get the biggest poo poo end of the stick because they can only attack once. The only way to make this fair is for people to voluntarily lower their damage. Since I actually just got the second furnace that I need to finish out Wiggs, I will be doing this anyways, and I would recommend that anyone who has been leading raid dps for awhile do this too. Basically unenforceable.

cowofwar posted:

Edit - i honestly don't care. The bad game design makes this stupid raid impossible to be made fair.

Also, yeah. This is the underlying problem, which is why this conversation always goes in circles.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I personally dial back my damage every other raid so I'm not constantly top 3, but I'm not gonna ask anyone else to do the same

Edit: once the top damagers start maxing Han, they'll probably stop pushing so hard. I know I will.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 23, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
A dev announced PVP tournaments coming in the next 2 weeks and also that they are working on ships

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jerkface posted:

A dev announced PVP tournaments coming in the next 2 weeks and also that they are working on ships

You weren't joking.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/68598/next-major-update-pvp-tournaments-and-more

EA_Jesse posted:

Greetings Hologamers,
Today we are announcing our next major update, PVP Tournaments! This update will be launching in stages over the next two weeks.
PVP Tournaments will have players battling each other to climb the ranks for prizes that are only available during a tournament. Each tournament will only run for a limited number of days, so be sure to get your best PVP squad ready to battle it out!
What can you do to prepare? Broaden your collection, buff up your characters, and hone your strategies!
The tournaments feature will only be available for players level 30 and higher. Stay tuned for additional information on this update next week.
And one more thing: in addition to this update, the development team has already been hard at work on our biggest update yet which will feature (wait for it)…
Ships! *drops mic*

Way to be super generic on this...

EA_Jesse posted:

More info on PVP Tournaments next week.
As for the Tank Takedown Raid (AAT Raid), it's not gone. The team is doing some additional work on it to make sure it's top notch :)

Oh, cool, it's an announcement that they're going to announce more soon. Way to go CG, way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I know it would make it so there are four rebel/scoundrel characters, but they should remove the "Clone Wars" from Chewie's name and make him a rebel. That would probably make it easier on newer players by giving them a rebel at the start, too.