Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

I'm commissioner of a money league for the first time and we never determined how to handle winnings/payouts. How do y'all do it, what do you like/dislike? We have 12 teams, six make the playoffs, two divisions, and I am not going to change that basic structure at this point.

We have a similar structure in my league. $100 buy in. We go $200 to division winners, $500 first, $300 second. It works out nicely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Sataere posted:

MASH. You are trading Cooper and two garbage players for Gronk and two garbage players

Thanks for the confirmation. Writing up the post convinced me to accept before I even saw your post.

Anyone know how Apex Leagues (which use MFL for their platform) handle trades? Should I expect this to go through in the next few hours?

Edit: and another trade offer just came in. My Ingram for their Watkins. I'm down on both but leaning no. However, having just traded away Cooper I do like the idea of losing a RB and gaining a WR. But I just don't know if Watkins will ever be 100%.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Sooooo, my RB situation in my 12-man league is dire at best.

Current lineup:
Bort
Ware, Lacy/Langford
Brown, Cooks, Maclin
Cook
Flex: Fuller

Bench: Foster (lol), Coleman, E. Sanders, Eifert

Should I look to package Fuller and Lacy/Langford to try and upgrade at RB? Who should I realistically target for an option? God I hate this.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Got my first interesting trade offer. Full PPR, 2RB 3WR 1FLEX, deep benches (Apex).

I give:

- Amari Cooper
- Vincent Jackson
- Dexter McCluster

I get:

- Rob Gronkowski
- Matt Asiata
- Cole Beasley

My roster
code:
QB ATL  Matt Ryan
QB OAK  Derek Carr

RB  NYJ  Matt Forte
RB  NO   Mark Ingram
RB  DET  Theo Riddick
RB  NYJ  Bilal Powell
RB  CAR  Cameron Artis-Payne
RB  SD   Dexter McCluster
RB  MIA  Kenyan Drake

WR  ATL  Julio Jones
WR  OAK  Amari Cooper
WR  ARI  Larry Fitzgerald
WR  NO   Willie Snead
WR  TB   Vincent Jackson
WR  SF   Torrey Smith

TE  IND  Dwayne Allen
I'm extremely happy with my team but I am leaving points on my bench. Getting Gronk is tempting. This trade would lead me to put Riddick from the bench into flex, so essentially I'd be benching Allen for Gronk, and trading Cooper to start Riddick in his place.The other 4 scrubs in this trade I'm indifferent about.

you wasted precious seconds typing that post when you should have been damaging your computer (or phone) with the force of your mashing.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

If you had to drop one and didn't have either of their hancuffs, would you drop Bilal Powell or Alfred Morris?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Frustrated posted:

If you had to drop one and didn't have either of their hancuffs, would you drop Bilal Powell or Alfred Morris?

I'd hold Morris over Powell.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Got my first interesting trade offer. Full PPR, 2RB 3WR 1FLEX, deep benches (Apex).

I give:

- Amari Cooper
- Vincent Jackson
- Dexter McCluster

I get:

- Rob Gronkowski
- Matt Asiata
- Cole Beasley

My roster
code:
QB ATL  Matt Ryan
QB OAK  Derek Carr

RB  NYJ  Matt Forte
RB  NO   Mark Ingram
RB  DET  Theo Riddick
RB  NYJ  Bilal Powell
RB  MIA  Kenyan Drake

WR  ATL  Julio Jones
WR  OAK  Amari Cooper
WR  NO   Willie Snead
WR  TB   Vincent Jackson
WR  SF   Torrey Smith

TE  IND  Dwayne Allen
I'm extremely happy with my team but I am leaving points on my bench. Getting Gronk is tempting.

Mash and don't look back. VJax is barely worth a roster spot and McCluster will most likely be playing golf in a few weeks.

Meanwhile Gronk is Gronk, and Beasley and Asiata are legit backups.

You're trading away a solid WR (of which you have several) and waiver garbage for the best TE in the league and two solid bench pieces.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Frustrated posted:

Powell.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Powell.

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

I'm commissioner of a money league for the first time and we never determined how to handle winnings/payouts. How do y'all do it, what do you like/dislike? We have 12 teams, six make the playoffs, two divisions, and I am not going to change that basic structure at this point.

We have 12 teams @$25 each, and pay out $160 to 1st place, $80 to second, $40 to third, and the winner of the consolation bracket gets $20.

I feel it's important to give teams that are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs something to still be playing for, because otherwise owners tend to check out and stop managing their teams, and that can give unfair free wins to whoever is facing them at the end of the regular season.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

I just took over mine for this year but decided on this after a bit of input from my league:

$60 buy in, 10 teams, $600 prize pot.

$360 to winner (6x buy in)
$120 to second place (2x buy in)
$120 in bi-weekly bonuses. (2x buy in)

Bonuses lean toward the silly side for the first few weeks just to make things fun, then they ramp up at the end so that even teams out of playoff contention have a money incentive to keep playing.

Week 2: $15 - Highest scoring losing team
Week 4: $15 - Most interceptions + fumbles from starters
Week 6: $15 - Lowest scoring starter (QB/RB/WR only)
Week 8: $20 - Highest scoring starter (any pos)
Week 10: $25 - Largest win differential
Week 12: $30 - Most points for at regular season end

There's a few other details like tiebreakers but that's the gist of it. Should hopefully act as a consolation prize to keep people motivated throughout the season

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Someone dropped Ebron for Tamme. Would you rather have Dwayne Allen or Eric Ebron for the rest of the season?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Thanks for the confirmation. Writing up the post convinced me to accept before I even saw your post.

Anyone know how Apex Leagues (which use MFL for their platform) handle trades? Should I expect this to go through in the next few hours?

Edit: and another trade offer just came in. My Ingram for their Watkins. I'm down on both but leaning no. However, having just traded away Cooper I do like the idea of losing a RB and gaining a WR. But I just don't know if Watkins will ever be 100%.

This one is trickier. The problem is that your RB depth is still worse than your rb depth after this trade. Riddick as your two is a scary proposition. With Watkins health issues, I say no

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

12 teams $25 fee for a $300 pool and an additional $16 fee for a $192 Pool

Winner gets the $300
Second place gets $25 from the 12th place.
Each week the highest point team gets $12 from the $192.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
For my stupid 2 TE league: which 2 of these 3 would you own for week 3 and/or the rest of the season?

Walford
Vance McDonald
Tamme

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

coronaball posted:

For my stupid 2 TE league: which 2 of these 3 would you own for week 3 and/or the rest of the season?

Walford
Vance McDonald
Tamme

You serious? Walford and Tamme. Can't count on one 70+ yard touchdown pass from Gabbert every week.

And a 2TE league? gently caress that.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Am I crazy to offer Ingram and Fitz for AB and one of (Ivory, Dwayne Washington, Vereen)?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I give:

- Amari Cooper
- Vincent Jackson
- Dexter McCluster

I get:

- Rob Gronkowski
- Matt Asiata
- Cole Beasley

My roster
code:
QB ATL  Matt Ryan
QB OAK  Derek Carr

RB  NYJ  Matt Forte
RB  NO   Mark Ingram
RB  DET  Theo Riddick
RB  NYJ  Bilal Powell
RB  MIA  Kenyan Drake

WR  ATL  Julio Jones
WR  OAK  Amari Cooper
WR  NO   Willie Snead
WR  TB   Vincent Jackson
WR  SF   Torrey Smith

TE  IND  Dwayne Allen
I'm extremely happy with my team but I am leaving points on my bench. Getting Gronk is tempting. This trade would lead me to put Riddick from the bench into flex, so essentially I'd be benching Allen for Gronk, and trading Cooper to start Riddick in his place.The other 4 scrubs in this trade I'm indifferent about.

loving mash that poo poo, dude.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Am I crazy to offer Ingram and Fitz for AB and one of (Ivory, Dwayne Washington, Vereen)?

Are you crazy to offer? No. But don't expect him to ever take you seriously. I love that AB for Fitz and Ingram aren't enough for you -- you need him to throw in something a little extra to sweeten the deal.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Sataere posted:

Are you crazy to offer? No. But don't expect him to ever take you seriously. I love that AB for Fitz and Ingram aren't enough for you -- you need him to throw in something a little extra to sweeten the deal.

Well, it's not fair unless he adds something else. He is giving away TWO guys!

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I figured the jump from scrub RB --> Ingram is about the same as from Fitz --> AB but I guess not.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

I figured the jump from scrub RB --> Ingram is about the same as from Fitz --> AB but I guess not.

Yeah, start at it just for Brown, and expect to pay more given Ingram's poor start.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

But it isn't what you are offering. You are offering Fitz and scrub RB for AB. Because Ingram ain't done poo poo.

A 2 for 1 trade, in order for it to work, has to upgrade two positions with point production more than keeping that one elite player staying on their roster would.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Okay, fair enough. But just for the record, it wasn't a 2-for-1 that I offered (or posted).

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

What's everyone expecting from Gronk tonight? Make your calls before it's too late~

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Belichick is going to ram it down their throats with Blount and Gronk is in there for his blocking prowess. With Brissett starting on a short week, I would be tempted to go with an alternative option if the match-up looks better (ie a guy like Jacob Tamme @Saints).

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Okay, fair enough. But just for the record, it wasn't a 2-for-1 that I offered (or posted).

Right. You were posting about a 2-for-2 when it wouldn't even be a reasonable 2-for-1.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Sataere posted:

But it isn't what you are offering. You are offering Fitz and scrub RB for AB. Because Ingram ain't done poo poo.

A 2 for 1 trade, in order for it to work, has to upgrade two positions with point production more than keeping that one elite player staying on their roster would.

It wasn't a good offer but calling Ingram a scrub is laughably disingenuous. Is Allen Robinson also a scrub because he hasn't done poo poo in two games?

Yes, there are workload concerns with Ingram and he's obviously not as valuable as he was on draft day, but let's not be needlessly hyperbolic.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
NEEDLESSLY HYPERBOLIC?!

LET ME TELL YOU HOW TO SIT YOUR STUDS!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

pmchem posted:

What's everyone expecting from Gronk tonight? Make your calls before it's too late~

allow me to put my wrong and bad call on the record. disclaimer: huge pats fan

He'll be out there blocking more than anything, exactly like Bennett in week 1. Brissett is gonna need all the time he can get to avoid dying to Watt and friends. He catches a few Oh poo poo dump offs and salvages a decent fantasy score via a red zone TD. I don't really expect him to be running deep seam routes his first night back from a bum hammy with a random shitlord at QB.

Or he puts up 180 yards and 3 scores with our lord and savior Julian Edelman at the helm :angel:. But I'm going with the first one.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Drop Kelce to pickup Pitta? My other backups are R. Matthews, John Brown, Isaiah Crowell, Charles Sims, Tajae Sharp and Donte Moncrief on IR.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pitta has looked great but Kelce hasn't begun to scratch the surface of what he's capable this year. Can you pick Pitta up without dropping Kelce?

He's going to blow up. Seriously.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm starting Gronk in the only league i have him in, so far i've gotten like 3 and 3 points last 2 weeks from my TE(s) anyways.

Please just get me a 1 yard TD and i'll be happy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I predict jj watt breaks gronk's legs off at the knee, lamar miller snaps his ankle, whoever the pats are starting at qb (I forget his name) throws for 400 yards, three touchdowns, four interceptions, and a concussion, and julian edelman misses the game-winning 2-ponint conversion by passing the ball directly to the face of the line judge.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

also bill bellicheck has a stroke on live tv

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

^^^ that's a pretty good characterization of the injury bullshit the Pats endured last season. So totally within the realm of possibility!

walruscat posted:

Drop Kelce to pickup Pitta? My other backups are R. Matthews, John Brown, Isaiah Crowell, Charles Sims, Tajae Sharp and Donte Moncrief on IR.

Is this Ryan "one T" Mathews or Rishard Matthews? If Rishard I consider him droppable for basically anyone in the league, so knock yourself out.

Agree you shouldn't be outright dropping Kelce yet. Although I'm not sure he's ever going to unleash his potential with Smith never looking more than 4 yards downfield.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Thomas Rawls was dropped in my full PPR league. I have a FAAB budget of $728 left. (Started with $1000) Here's my RB core

Devonta Freeman
Tevin Coleman
Duke Johnson
Derrick Henry

With Corey Coleman out for at least a month, I think Duke will get a lot of looks down field. I think Henry might break out later in the season. There's 14 teams total in the league so I'd like to know what you guys think I should bid on Rawls if at all. He looks to be in a RBBC situation and C Mike isn't available. Any advice goons?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Gobias Ind. posted:

It wasn't a good offer but calling Ingram a scrub is laughably disingenuous. Is Allen Robinson also a scrub because he hasn't done poo poo in two games?

Yes, there are workload concerns with Ingram and he's obviously not as valuable as he was on draft day, but let's not be needlessly hyperbolic.

What is the fun of fantasy sports if you can't get needlessly hyperbolic?

For the purposes of that trade, at this point in time, he is a scrub. The only reason to put him in that trade is because you are hoping his name will push him through.

If he had said Shane Vereen or Matt Jones, you would say it was a scrub and their production is identical.

And pulling Allen Robinson is being hyperbolic, because he has had the opportunities to produce, where as there are legitimate concerns as to the opportunities Ingram is getting relative to his draft value.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Some guy proposed his Eli Manning and Rashad Jennings for my Matt Stafford and Le'Veon Bell.

Is "ha ha" an appropriate response or should I add more ha's?

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Docjowles posted:

^^^ that's a pretty good characterization of the injury bullshit the Pats endured last season. So totally within the realm of possibility!

Is this Ryan "one T" Mathews or Rishard Matthews? If Rishard I consider him droppable for basically anyone in the league, so knock yourself out.

Agree you shouldn't be outright dropping Kelce yet. Although I'm not sure he's ever going to unleash his potential with Smith never looking more than 4 yards downfield.

kiimo posted:

Pitta has looked great but Kelce hasn't begun to scratch the surface of what he's capable this year. Can you pick Pitta up without dropping Kelce?

He's going to blow up. Seriously.

It's Ryan Mathews. My bad there. I guess I'll hold onto him and hope Kelce does things soon. The only one on my bench that is even close to droppable is John Brown and I think I should hold onto him since we start 3 WR with no flex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Some guy proposed his Eli Manning and Rashad Jennings for my Matt Stafford and Le'Veon Bell.

Is "ha ha" an appropriate response or should I add more ha's?

Counter with Bell for his entire team. Including the kicker.

• Locked thread