Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Taking bets on how many people are going to insist that Zarei and Day are Just Gals Being Pals (in the unironic sense).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There's definitely flirting but they don't seem to be an item yet. It's pretty clear Day is putting her interest in getting information over her potential interest in getting into Zarei's pants.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Poison Mushroom posted:

Taking bets on how many people are going to insist that Zarei and Day are Just Gals Being Pals (in the unironic sense).

They're flirting alright... with danger

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unhappy Meal posted:

Day is just going to destroy Spender and Zarei isn't she? Join her up with Max and the peanut gallery will become too strong to be stopped.

Dolash posted:

Zarei and Spender are way more alike than I realized. Wilting like that is a serious Spender move.

We need a Day-Spender confrontation like this now. Minus the flirting maybe because Day and Zarei is already good and also there's that evidence that Spender might already be taken.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Roland Jones posted:

Minus the flirting maybe because Day and Zarei is already good and also there's that evidence that Spender might already be taken.

I don't think that stop someone who was literally introduced shooting Cupid's arrows blindly.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Day x Zarei otp

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I was thinking there was too much open or barely contained hositility for this to be romantic but then I thought back on my own history and well poo poo.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Cat Mattress posted:

I don't think that stop someone who was literally introduced shooting Cupid's arrows blindly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU28VypI-o4

Now this is all I can think of in regards to Agent Day.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lmao she did actually duck under the table to go talk to her spirit, that owns

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I know that it's probably just to help her emote more understandably, but it's weird that Day is looking at things considering that she is blind.

Poison Mushroom posted:

They just met eachother yesterday, and Day is already shipping Zarei with Spender, which would kind of preclude her pursuing things herself. Not every positive interaction is romantic.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Spender/Zarei are what I'd be if I tried to play the badass anti-hero but with more dignity.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Regy Rusty posted:

I thought Zarei was intimidating

Me too.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

SlothfulCobra posted:

I know that it's probably just to help her emote more understandably, but it's weird that Day is looking at things considering that she is blind.

You know blind people generally still do that, right? They're just not terribly accurate is all.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Edit: On second thought, the point I had here was wrong.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 16, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

She is. But, when someone comes along that just shuts her down well...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Renaissance Robot posted:

You know blind people generally still do that, right? They're just not terribly accurate is all.

I thought Day wasn't fully blind, like she could still tell light from dark, she just couldn't discern shapes.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

SlothfulCobra posted:

They just met eachother yesterday, and Day is already shipping Zarei with Spender, which would kind of preclude her pursuing things herself. Not every positive interaction is romantic.

doesn't have to be super serious (and i don't think it is serious!), but this is absolutely a romantic interaction

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Honestly the light flirting is there but from my perspective it seems like Day is just someone is actually very competent at being an agent and collecting information. The girl is clearly trying to leverage information out of Zarei - and she's already collected plenty (although Zarei being only very slightly above Spender-levels of goofball also helps a lot here).

Edit: Also the thinly veiled threat from Zarei help complicate the situation a bit.

VerdantSquire fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 16, 2016

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
I love that Day is very competent and giddily infatuated and that she sometimes manages to use the latter to help with the former, but I would also be very disappointed if it was even half just for show

Literally from the first time they're in the same panel together it's been nothing but ****adorable sparkles****

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Kabanaw posted:

They're flirting alright... with danger
Why flirt when you can shake hands?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
I like how with this update Agent Day is all but confirmed to be the feared and abhorred Black Gay Handicapped Woman that the anti-SJW crowd always warned us about

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
But is she Jewish???

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Rasamune posted:

I like how with this update Agent Day is all but confirmed to be the feared and abhorred Black Gay Handicapped Woman that the anti-SJW crowd always warned us about

Next update will feature Ed falling in love with the Dog from the beginning of the chapter, no doubt

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Day loves everyone she meets, and plays it up when it would be useful or fun.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

SlothfulCobra posted:

And results are in! It took eight people for someone to claim a platonic interaction! If your bet was eight, please come to the betting booth to collect your winnings!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, Day is definitely hitting on Zarei but I wouldn't go THEY'RE LESBIANS WITH EACH OTHER just yet and doing an idiotic "lol people in denial" post doesn't really make you very smart and poo poo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I never said that. To what degree Day is being genuine remains to be seen, but she is definitely flirting with Zarei, and my comment was under the context of people disputing that.

I feel like we've been having two different arguments and were kind of all in agreement from the start.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Just Gals Being Pals means both are in the same field, which is questionable and even Day being flirtatious could be seen as questionable at this time. It's not an argument, it's just that poo poo goes south any time people incite this "HOW CAN'T YOU SEE THIS" thing and you're also in danger of being a new ChibiSoma, so I'd rather not call out people for that as of now. It's gratuitous and irritating.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dias posted:

and you're also in danger of being a new ChibiSoma
Christ, if that isn't a scary thought.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Poison Mushroom posted:

Christ, if that isn't a scary thought.

A cautionary tale, to be sure.

I'm really liking Day so far, she seemed like a goof at first but she's actually pretty competent and good at wringing out information out of these dweebs. Also she's cute and adorable and her rose cane is great. It's like a reverse Spender/Zarei effect, where you just keep learning how much of a dork they are with every passing chapter.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Day is definitely flirting with Zarei, the question is really whether she's being serious or just doing it to frazzle Zarei into giving up more info (or both!)

e: oh hey where did this post come from

Poison Mushroom posted:

I never said that. To what degree Day is being genuine remains to be seen, but she is definitely flirting with Zarei, and my comment was under the context of people disputing that.

I feel like we've been having two different arguments and were kind of all in agreement from the start.
Yes this.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

The Paranatural Thread posted:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

webcomics.png

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Look you introduce somebody with cupid powers you expect there's going to be some hijinks. Max and the Love-Train was just the start.

For real though I bet when we meet Day's spirit it'll be a laugh.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-147/

I always forget that being in the phantom zone or whatever, in the real she's pretty much doing very quick gestures.

Under a table. haha.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 23, 2016

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Shindragon posted:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-147/

There now you people can stop. Zack just pretty much spelled it out.

I always forget that being in the phantom zone or whatever, in the real she's pretty much doing very quick gestures.

Under a table. haha.

I was gonna say he could've been more subtle, but then I read this thread.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

It took me a good minute to realize the thing Patchworm is talking about is the turning words red thing. I feel a tad bit dumb.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wow patchworm with the low key bigotry. not cool spirit man

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Akett posted:

It took me a good minute to realize the thing Patchworm is talking about is the turning words red thing. I feel a tad bit dumb.

Don't worry you aren't the only one. I didn't realize til you pointed that out.

I forgot Day does that. Didn't Max ask that when he met her I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
I'm loving how in spirit world the table's umbrella becomes a mushroom.
It's the little things :)