Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

waitwhatno posted:

Also, there is absolutely no way that the German population increased by 2 mio, even going by your numbers.

Even superficial reading will reveal that I never claimed that the German population increased by 2 mio. I wrote that 2mio people came to Germany in 2015. These people, like Germans, can die or migrate further.

quote:

2 mio is a ridiculous number.

It's the influx. I never claimed it to be the net increase. I am not sure why you get riled up about it. You are the one mixing up influx with net increase.

And 2mio influx is what the Statistische Bundesamt claims.

https://www.destatis.de/DE/PresseService/Presse/Pressemitteilungen/2016/03/PD16_105_12421.html

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Have you found a Death Note or something like that? Because I have a list of names, my dear friend...
Pretend that I have one. Go on...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Cat Mattress posted:

Well, you can take a look at the international organizations that France started to get an idea:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_internationale_de_la_Francophonie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_for_the_Mediterranean

By having retained a few "confetti of the empire", France has managed to get a foothold in various other clubs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Community and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Islands_Forum
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Ocean_Commission
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Caribbean_States

Though it'd be more accurate to talk about "spheres of interest" than of influence, given how the ability of France to actually be influential has been on a sharp nosedive for a while now.
Yeah something I've learned is that France somehow was more douchy than Britain in how it treated it's colonial 'subjects', and were always obsessed with such petty things like 'honor and prestige' over any sense of reason. Given that the Colonial Empire was a republic bereft of actual nobles, I cannot wrap my head around why.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Riso posted:

Except that only works if the immigrants aren't pretty much exclusive young men fighting with the natives over the limited number of women.

Women are not a resource.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Ever heard of human resources?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

YF-23 posted:

Certainly not in first world countries. But to conservatives and nationalists in third world countries, well...
I'd reckon they'd have a different view.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/20/nicolas-sarkozy-says-immigrants-should-live-like-the-french/

Ah yes who could not remember the famous Gallic tribe of Sarkozii, whom Julius Caesar himself clashed with in his memoirs

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Point is that male refugees will only decrease the average birth rate per person even further because it reduces share of women by adding more men into the equation and German women are not suddenly going to want more children just because there are more men living in Germany.

It should be noted though that, as women generally don't pick partners from a lower social group, that refugees are not making it a lot harder for German men to find a partner.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

YF-23 posted:

They don't need to be a resource for their scarcity to be an issue. Look at China, where gender imbalances have created a healthy market for kidnapped girls from neighboring countries. Though GC is probably right in that this scarcity isn't going to be distributed equally across society, though that just means the issue is going to be exacerbated in certain environments.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
You guys do know that one year of unbalanced influx which still included women/children isn't going to change gender imbalance in any noticeable way in a continent of 750 million right? The refugee flow has been two thirds women and children since late 2015. It was men because they thought family unification would be way easier then it is now. Since it isn't, rest are following.

People here comparing decades of one child policy to this lmao

Also you don't compete or fight over women you wierdos

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Grouchio posted:

Merci Beaucoup.

Any other important politicians (not in Hollande's party), businessmen, famous living people from France? And what sphere of influence does France have in the world besides the EU?
You may want to read about Vincent Bolloré (and his poo poo work in Africa). Considering he is trying to take control of Ubisoft after ruining Canal +. Bernard Arnault is also a good choice (especially the Florida part) as are the Dassault family and Francis Bouygues' heirs.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Sep 23, 2016

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

You guys do know that one year of unbalanced influx which still included women/children isn't going to change gender imbalance in any noticeable way in a continent of 750 million right? The refugee flow has been two thirds women and children since late 2015. It was men because they thought family unification would be way easier then it is now. Since it isn't, rest are following.

People here comparing decades of one child policy to this lmao
The refugees are not equally distributed across the continent, the 750 million figure is entirely irrelevant. In a country like Sweden (which is admittedly an outlier), the gender imbalance is as if not more acute than it is in China, among the younger parts of the population.* That might change I suppose if they either kick out a lot of young asylum seekers, or specifically pulls in a lot of young refugee girls to offset this.

*Which you maybe missed because you just lumped them in under "women and children".

DarkCrawler posted:

Also you don't compete or fight over women you wierdos
Of course you do, just like women compete and fight over men, though men seem much more likely to resort to extreme acts in the face of failure to successfully find a partner.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
A more relevant figure would then be the population of EU, where those who recieve asylum and their kids will no doubt be citizens of at some point and thus can travel freely if they REALLY can't find women in a whole country.

Additionally, many of the men are already married, probably in higher propotion then the native population considering the cultures they come from, and will be able to bring their wives and daughters over in few years (the whole point in the initial rush of dudes). The whole "GENDER IMBALANCE" thing is a ludicrous manufactured "issue" that doesn't require much critical thinking to disprove.

And you fight over women if you are a possessive weirdo. We aren't going to see mass knife fights on the street over ladies when you got loving Tinder.

EDIT: Also nothing stops them (upon getting citizenship) from picking up a wife from back home or a refugee camp, not like arranged marriages are anything new in that part of the world

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Sep 23, 2016

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The refugees are not equally distributed across the continent, the 750 million figure is entirely irrelevant. In a country like Sweden (which is admittedly an outlier), the gender imbalance is as if not more acute than it is in China, among the younger parts of the population.* That might change I suppose if they either kick out a lot of young asylum seekers, or specifically pulls in a lot of young refugee girls to offset this.

Or adjust their ages upward.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I'm on your side crawler, in principle anyway, but did you just argue against demographic gender imbalance being a problem because Tinder?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

They need to adjust them quite a lot for that to actually smooth out the imbalance.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

doverhog posted:

I'm on your side crawler, in principle anyway, but did you just argue against demographic gender imbalance being a problem because Tinder?
If anything, Grindr seems like a better solution.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
https://twitter.com/LondonerVince/status/779238517901758464

No scenario in which Le Pen does not make the second round - she always comes in first ahead of Sarko or second behind Juppé; Macron, PS, and the left generally are broken and hopeless.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

I was arguing against the fact that lack of a girlfriend would drive (non insane) people into violence and kidnappings or whatever in 21st century first world nation instead of them using the countless available ways to get a date until they find one that works for them.

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009
And the LR candidate also makes it to the 2nd turn in every case. So barring any special event, we'll know France's next president on 27th november? No wonder the LR primary is such a shitshow right now. What's really interesting is how many votes Le Pen will get in the 2nd turn, if it's going to be a crushing defeat like in 2002 or if she'll manage to break the glass ceiling.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

DarkCrawler posted:

I was arguing against the fact that lack of a girlfriend would drive (non insane) people into violence and kidnappings or whatever in 21st century first world nation instead of them using the countless available ways to get a date until they find one that works for them.

The perceived danger is that the dispossessed are more prone to extremism in any form. The number of people who can't get a date is growing all the time, for various reasons. Red pills, mgtowths, Isis, a lot of things can start to appeal to people under the wrong circumstances.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Grouchio posted:

Yeah something I've learned is that France somehow was more douchy than Britain in how it treated it's colonial 'subjects'

That's debatable. All empires have committed atrocities, and I wouldn't discount Britain's organized famines, invention of concentration camps, and deliberate use of smallpox as a biological weapon, among other examples.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

The perceived danger is that the dispossessed are more prone to extremism in any form. The number of people who can't get a date is growing all the time, for various reasons. Red pills, mgtowths, Isis, a lot of things can start to appeal to people under the wrong circumstances.

Well yeah but those people would be insane ones and thus unlikely to find a healthy relationship anyway :shrug:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Chicken and egg.

We're, or I was at least, talking about demographics.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

Chicken and egg.

We're, or I was at least, talking about demographics.

Well I was responding to other assertions too. Either way the demographic issue in this case does not exist in few years. A year-long imbalance in a tiny part of EU's population (which will be rectified in 5+ years) does not compare to a generation of state-and-culture imposed incentive to not have any female babies.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Sep 23, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

never

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

Well yeah but those people would be insane ones and thus unlikely to find a healthy relationship anyway :shrug:

Insanity is overrated. Excluding serious mental illnesses like BP, borderline or schizophrenia, most weirdos and deadbeats are the product of their environments and life circumstances. It takes a village to raise a barn or child or however that saying goes

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 23, 2016

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

Well I was responding to other assertions too. Either way the demographic issue in this case does not exist in few years. A year-long imbalance does not compare to a generation of state-and-culture imposed incentive to not have any female babies.
To quote myself earlier in the thread:

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Like how a single year of asylum seekers increased the number of 14-21 year old boys in Sweden by about a seventh, which within that age group will result in a greater gender gap than that for any age group in China since the introduction of the one child policy. It's not even that close either, it's actually way more imbalanced, which alongside the threat of unemployment certainly lays the foundation for future instability.
It's not just a single year. Assuming many refugees are lying about their ages to increase their chances of being granted asylum does mean the imbalance for those ages will be reduced, but then you start moving into the generation-length imbalance of a similar magnitude as what you see in China instead.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Nyandaber Z posted:

And the LR candidate also makes it to the 2nd turn in every case. So barring any special event, we'll know France's next president on 27th november? No wonder the LR primary is such a shitshow right now. What's really interesting is how many votes Le Pen will get in the 2nd turn, if it's going to be a crushing defeat like in 2002 or if she'll manage to break the glass ceiling.

I'm already investing in the cobblestone market.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

What we need is a good war, preferably against the Germans, in order to reduce our growing male population.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

What we need is a good war, preferably against the Germans, in order to reduce our growing male population.

Most Germans probably wouldn't show up to the war, so you gotta find a new target, sorry. Maybe Russia is up for it?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

waitwhatno posted:

Most Germans probably wouldn't show up to the war, so you gotta find a new target, sorry. Maybe Russia is up for it?

Let's invade Britain. We've got a tunnel now.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Cat Mattress posted:

Let's invade Britain. We've got a tunnel now.

Is this the wrong moment to point out tunnels are easily collapsed?

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Whatever, I'm not picky. I'm just kinda hesitant towards attacking Russia because previous attempts have gone really wrong in the past.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

A Buttery Pastry posted:

To quote myself earlier in the thread:

It's not just a single year. Assuming many refugees are lying about their ages to increase their chances of being granted asylum does mean the imbalance for those ages will be reduced, but then you start moving into the generation-length imbalance of a similar magnitude as what you see in China instead.

Again this assumes that:

None of their female relatives/wives/other female refugees never get to Sweden nor the relatives of older men

They will solely stay in Sweden and won't go to abroad/elsewhere in EU in search of female company/wives

They will only date in their own narrow age group forever

14-21 counts as a generation instead of an age group

And yes, the imbalance in arriving asylum seekers' gender was a single year. One-child policy lasted for 35+ years. There is no comparison even if you believe the above things will happen.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They need to adjust them quite a lot for that to actually smooth out the imbalance.

There'd be an imbalance either way, Afghans or not.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Whatever, I'm not picky. I'm just kinda hesitant towards attacking Russia because previous attempts have gone really wrong in the past.

You can't scorched earth drones.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

You can't scorched earth drones.

Using drones defeats the whole purpose of having a war to reduce the male population of Europe, man.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Using drones defeats the whole purpose of having a war to reduce the male population of Europe, man.

What if we tie men to the drones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

What if we tie men to the drones?

Then you don't need the war.