Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Sometimes I want to go back and finish Eternal Darkness. The sanity system owned and there was something cool about how the aesthetics worked with the gameplay in general. But the puzzles were obtuse and really hurt the flow of the game, and I hated how you had to go through the entire thing four times to get the true ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

Sometimes I want to go back and finish Eternal Darkness. The sanity system owned and there was something cool about how the aesthetics worked with the gameplay in general. But the puzzles were obtuse and really hurt the flow of the game, and I hated how you had to go through the entire thing four times to get the true ending.

I appreciate ED but I couldn't get into it either. It was annoying to play.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

frank.club posted:

Nah, this one came out maybe like 4 or so years ago?

that is the new one. I'm sorry

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
once at my friend Eric Cheung's house we were playing a gen 1 or 2 pokemon game and being really loud and rowdy and having fun. i think we were like 8 years old.

well his grandmother was upset about Eric's grades or something so she seized the gameboy out of his hands and went to smash the cartridge with a hammer. before she did, Eric looked at me to say something and defuse the situation but i just stood there and watched as she brought the hammer down on the pokemon game.

she lived through the japanese annexation of korea and the korean war but i still feel like i should have stopped her. no child deserves that. sorry Eric.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I appreciate ED but I couldn't get into it either. It was annoying to play.

It does a lot of cool stuff but not so much that you need to play it more than once

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

One Man Trash posted:

once at my friend Eric Cheung's house we were playing a gen 1 or 2 pokemon game and being really loud and rowdy and having fun. i think we were like 8 years old.

well his grandmother was upset about Eric's grades or something so she seized the gameboy out of his hands and went to smash the cartridge with a hammer. before she did, Eric looked at me to say something and defuse the situation but i just stood there and watched as she brought the hammer down on the pokemon game.

she lived through the japanese annexation of korea and the korean war but i still feel like i should have stopped her. no child deserves that. sorry Eric.

thats uh depressing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmao she's like that Molly hatchet prohibition lady but with games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/kaceytron/AdventurousHummingbirdPanicVis Kacey FTW....

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club posted:

Lmao she's like that Molly hatchet prohibition lady but with games.

Carrie Nation ftw

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lmao

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

thats uh depressing

sorry. it's been on my mind lately.

my other confession is that i always chose oddjob in goldeneye 64

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when jedi academy and halo 1 and stuff were really big i had a functional wall/maphack for like every major game out at the time cause i had an internet buddy who went to secret forums or some poo poo, i used them very liberally and never got caught. still have a few of them laying around on usb sticks

no idea what happened to that dude tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

when jedi academy and halo 1 and stuff were really big i had a functional wall/maphack for like every major game out at the time cause i had an internet buddy who went to secret forums or some poo poo, i used them very liberally and never got caught. still have a few of them laying around on usb sticks

no idea what happened to that dude tho

This the most hosed up thing posted so far

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used various hacks on COD4 because I pirated it and could only play terrible unadmined servers anyway

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

One Man Trash posted:

You should suck him off.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

it gave me some insight into the "darknet" like how people pay hundreds of dollars for say, a cod wallhack that auto-updates and obscures IPs and all sorts of poo poo, but also looks neat and clean and like it's part of the game instead of just turning off all textures

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I was discussing Hearts of Iron with a colleague, and that reminded me of a confession I have to make, regarding a fairly long-term multiplayer campaign in Darkest Hour that I played, with two friends.

I was Argentina, and my friends were Brazil and Canada. During the lead-up to the war and in the early years, Brazil and I (both fascist regimes) conquered the entirety of South and Central America, splitting it between us equally, leaving divisions worth of military police garrisons in the annexed states to keep the peace/kill partisans and other unruly civilians. By the time the early '40s rolled around, the three of us had built up our armies quite a lot and managed to make advances into nuclear weaponry, bringing our alliance into the forefront of nuclear technology, alongside the USA. During this period testing was required in order to further our nuclear program, and as I had recently annexed Ecuador I decided to build a nuclear testing facility on the Galapagos Islands, to allow our scientists to get a reading on our weapons' capabilities. (With the minor side-effect of the beautiful flora and fauna being inevitably wiped out as a result)

As our end-goal of the campaign was to take out the USA and have the three of us own the entirety of the Americas, we moved our armies to the north (Canada) and south (Argentina+Brazil) borders of the USA's eastern seaboard - with the intention of racing down the coast, meeting up, then punching through the US armed forces and reaching the western coast. (As fortunately, through Canadian influence within the Allies we were able to keep the US from formally joining the Allies against Germany)
However, our main mistake was that we weren't anticipating the level of sheer determination and unwillingness to lose ground that the Americans displayed. Since as soon as the combined Argentine and Brazilian forces arrived at Corpus Christi (while the Canadian forces crossed the border at various points along the eastern half of the country, to take out much of the USA's industrial capacity as fast as possible) and engaged the bulk of the US forces in the region, the US proceeded to drop 2-3 atomic bombs on Corpus Christi, as well as at least ten other atomic bombs along the US-Canadian border (devastating locations such as Montreal, Ottawa and Boston), causing the forces on both sides of the conflict to be utterly annihilated in mere days.
Naturally, as we had recently assembled a couple of nuclear bombs of our own and that we couldn't leave this slight against us unanswered, (not to mention the fact that hundreds of thousands of our men now lay dead or dying) we proceeded to send our few strategic bombers into US airspace, dropping bombs on their already-crippled nation.

I have no idea how many people died as a result of our warmongering, but boy am I glad that wasn't the real outcome of WW2! :negative: (Although a lot of other things happened that game, too - as I recall the USA wound up being dragged into separate conflicts against India and China, and must've dropped at least twenty atomic bombs, between both nations. Not to mention a German attack on the US mainland, which was eventually put to a stop by the UK, who refused to return Norfolk to the US...)

Also:

In Training posted:

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Sep 23, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

therers no way im reading all of that new guy, sorry

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

Give him a chance

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

:D Hah, yeah I just realized how long that ended up being, after hitting 'post' and seeing it! My apologies, I seem to be making a lot more walls-of-texts than normal, since posting in here (it was shorter in my mind, I swear)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've adopted Major Isoor.

Edit: Isoor autocorrects to idiot. :staredog:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

:D Hah, yeah I just realized how long that ended up being, after hitting 'post' and seeing it! My apologies, I seem to be making a lot more walls-of-texts than normal, since posting in here (it was shorter in my mind, I swear)

Still not sure what you are confessing to. :(

Soral
May 30, 2009

i believe in major isoor

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I've adopted Major Isoor.

Thank you.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's a good guy who I think is secretly MatthewTheMan

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

He's a good guy who I think is secretly MatthewTheMan

He's a games style map gamer and we need more of those.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think your browser/spellcheck might know me better than you do! :D

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

IMO, you should flame others in a very blatant way, and poke fun at yourself much more subtly. Just a tip from your boy Wormskull.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the bird avatar.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Wormskull posted:

IMO, you should flame others in a very blatant way, and poke fun at yourself much more subtly. Just a tip from your boy Wormskull.
Words to live by.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm gonna cut off my own tits.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kazvall posted:

Still not sure what you are confessing to. :(

He and his friends killed untold millions of Americans and Brazilians with nuclear weapons in HOI which is dishonorable

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

He and his friends killed untold millions of Americans and Brazilians with nuclear weapons in HOI which is dishonorable

And the moral of the story is: Never attack a nuke-toting nation with all your men at once...always leave at least a division or two, to come in afterwards and mop up the remainders!

Although what I'm curious about is this

Knuc U Kinte posted:

games style map gamer
So, just wondering - what's the difference between a Games map gamer and an Imp map gamer? Haven't really had much experience with the latter at this stage, (although I have a feeling I may've seen a couple of your posts here and there, in the Paradox threads) as far as I'm aware, so I'm not entirely certain as to where the distinction lies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Imp map gamers post about the game in lower caps and do badass poo poo like calling Hungarians n****rs and download insane mods for the lulz.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Major Isoor posted:

And the moral of the story is: Never attack a nuke-toting nation with all your men at once...always leave at least a division or two, to come in afterwards and mop up the remainders!

Although what I'm curious about is this

So, just wondering - what's the difference between a Games map gamer and an Imp map gamer? Haven't really had much experience with the latter at this stage, (although I have a feeling I may've seen a couple of your posts here and there, in the Paradox threads) as far as I'm aware, so I'm not entirely certain as to where the distinction lies

It's okay. He's just flaming you for being new. Post lowercase and call brazillians "taco niggers" like Larry and I'm sure you will fit in. I already like you more than Larry already :D

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Major Isoor posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol Major Isoor FTW. Best new recruit this year by a wide margin.

• Locked thread