Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ArmZ posted:

that thing you use to clean your penis

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

maniacdevnull posted:

Headphone jack: ✔
phone of the year

whats it like living in the tyool 2015?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I didn't watch any keynotes or read any threads. I read about the new iPhone announcement in a one page CNN article the next day because it was a more efficient use of my time and had all the relevant information.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

Headphone jack: ✔
Battery explodes: ✖
phone of the year

this is a weird edge case but i hope it has ant+ because the nexus does not (:argh:)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

fits my needs posted:

wtf is a microscrubber

its u

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

Can't wait for Google to release the Only Good Phone By Default in two weeks or so

it's made by htc, isn't water resistant, will cost as much as an iphone, and has touchwiz preinstalled

it's dogshit garbage

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I remember back when touchwizz was just a monstrosity ui layer for winmo6 and a bunch of engineers rushed out to buy one because it was the Future of Smartphones and they all got returned within 2 months

poty
Jun 21, 2008

its me im the guy who pays mercedes money for a kia

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Endless Mike posted:

it's made by htc, isn't water resistant, will cost as much as an iphone, and has touchwiz preinstalled

it's dogshit garbage

lol at this wrongpost

poty
Jun 21, 2008

nsfw https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/23/apple-watch-series-2-water-ejected-from-speakers/

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
so did any iphone 7 havers actually bite the bullet and get airpods

I love my EarPods and use them every day commuting but wondering how the airpods stack up in real goonworld use

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lmao

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Internaut! posted:

I love my EarPods and use them every day commuting but wondering how the airpods stack up in real goonworld use

you put them in, then you go somewhere and the strap of your bag brushes your ear and knocks one down the drain, then you get regular headphones and a dongle, the end

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

apple earbuds suck and always have

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Internaut! posted:

theyre not out until mid october

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
EarPods are great, they work for me and don't fall out and sound pretty good for earbuds. I will have to try airpods out because jogging with a cable sucks. I only have a 6S, though.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
ya this year I bought like 4-5 pairs of $75-125 earbuds and none of them fit or sounded as good as the EarPods for me

I have a pair of custom-moulded earbuds which sound great but also have like 30dB isolation so you can't use them on the street unless you want to die

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

ok

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Internaut! posted:

I have a pair of custom-moulded earbuds which sound great but also have like 30dB isolation so you can't use them on the street unless you want to die

if i had such a thing i'd put them in on my way to work and take them out when i got home

then at work i'd put my normal cans overtop of them and turn them up until i could hear the high end

to hell with other people's annoying noises forever

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

The Management posted:

EarPods are great, they work for me and don't fall out and sound pretty good for earbuds. I will have to try airpods out because jogging with a cable sucks. I only have a 6S, though.

they support both whatever the new protocol is and blueteeth so you can use airpods on older phones

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
ah good to know because I still have this 6 and don't really care about the 7 too much

will be interesting to see the BT battery life vs whatever proprietary thing apple developed

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Wait does it actually make a loud fart noise when it does that

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Internaut! posted:

ya this year I bought like 4-5 pairs of $75-125 earbuds and none of them fit or sounded as good as the EarPods for me

full isolation with built in mic's that you could mix in to your music would be best, you can even do noise cancellation for noisy environments

like augmented reality for your ears

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

The Management posted:

EarPods are great, they work for me and don't fall out and sound pretty good for earbuds.

same, i've got like 3 sets of them and use them all the time. v. good.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i just got apple music why isnt every show ever broadcast on beats 1 available on demand and linked to the show / artists played? is this 1993?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

nobody listens to Beats Radio.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like the st Vincent playlist show if they still do that

poty
Jun 21, 2008

same. i dont care about what dross the bbc dj played but some of the shows by artists sound cool as heck

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

those are all available on demand if you search for it

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
that beats radio guy needs to shut the gently caress up and stop talking, goddamn. zane low or whatever the gently caress his name is.

hey, let's take the stuff from FM radio that literally no one likes, like annoying DJs who talk over the music, and bring them to streaming music, because the old record exec and middle-aged dads in charge of Apple Music can't imagine it any other way.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 23, 2016

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

those are all available on demand if you search for it

i couldnt find one from haim anywhere

also if i wanted to do work id just pirate. the point of paying a subscription is that apple should do the work for me

poty fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 23, 2016

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

also if i wanted to do work id just pirate. the point of paying a subscription is that apple should do the work for me

I believe that is what is considered an "edge case" much like headphones that use is the wrong cable

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
the iPhone 7+ is extremely pro and ownage. further proof that 80% of yospos are horrible jaded dipshits

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

GameCube posted:

nobody listens to Beats Radio.

it's bad

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

the iPhone 7+ is extremely pro and ownage. further proof that 80% of yospos are horrible jaded dipshits

Hell yeah. Posting from my 7+ now, brother. Once you go plus it's hard to be satisfied by a lesser device

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
wtf?

trigger warning - Nilay Patel at the verge

quote:

Hey everyone — there have been questions about Chris Ziegler and his absence from The Verge in the past few weeks. I want to provide answers for those who have been worried about him.

First, Chris accepted a position at Apple. We wish him well.

Second, the circumstances of Chris' departure from The Verge raised ethical issues which are worth disclosing in the interests of transparency and respect for our audience. We're confident that there wasn't any material impact on our journalism from these issues, but they are still serious enough to merit disclosure.

Chris began working for Apple in July, but didn't tell anyone at The Verge that he'd taken a new job until we discovered and verified his dual-employment in early September. Chris continued actively working at The Verge in July, but was not in contact with us through most of August and into September. During that period, in the dark and concerned for Chris, we made every effort to contact him and to offer him help if needed. We ultimately terminated his employment at The Verge and Vox Media the same day we verified that he was employed at Apple.

Obviously having an Apple employee on The Verge staff is a conflict of interest. Vox Media Editorial Director Lockhart Steele stepped in to conduct an independent review of The Verge's work and staff interactions with Chris during the time he worked at Apple and Vox Media to determine if that conflict had manifested itself in any of our coverage or affected any of our editorial decisions.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sounds like nilay got owned

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lmao tim's spies are everywhere

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Back in 2012 I bought a macbook air for $940 and just resold it today for $480. He'll yeah look at that value. thanks ghost steve

Linguica fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 24, 2016

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

just searched for haim and got this

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/curator/haim-time/id1039975060

Athletic Footjob fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

they keep saying employee but i'm guessing he was actually an independent contractor?

• Locked thread