Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

Super No Vacancy posted:

relevant conversation on WOL today about little new wwe signees make compared to how much they can make as top guys with roh or on the indies

Not saying there's no truth to this, but I see ROH's people are at work in trying to push wrestlers to stick with ROH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Roque11 posted:

Not saying there's no truth to this, but I see ROH's people are at work in trying to push wrestlers to stick with ROH.

And that's a bad thing?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Grozz Nuy posted:

Kyle winning the belt at Final Battle and then Cole getting fast-tracked into a program with Nakamura so Shinsuke can move to the WWE roster and not get stuck in Balor-esque purgatory forever sounds like the best possible scenario to me, so sorry ROH but I'm rooting for you to take the L on this one.

There's no way Nakamura should be in NXT until some point in mid-2017, so if this happens it will already be some Balor purgatory stuff

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Roque11 posted:

be weird if they did the opposite eh?

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

Davros1 posted:

And that's a bad thing?

Yes it is. They should mind their own business and be unbiased reporters.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Anyways, like I said, I expect all these ROH names with expiring deals to stay. Anobody who's in ROH also wants to work for New Japan and these combined deals will give them more of an opportunity.

I expect WWE to pick up more Evolve regulars over time and also Ricochet as soon as he's legally clear from Lucha Underground, but not anymore of these ROH names.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I just figured out that you were talking about meltz on WOL

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I think Cole will leave (whether it be after Final Battle or if ROH gets that extra time from when he was out injured) but everyone else will stay, personally. That just seems the most logical based on where everyone's career trajectories are at.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cole and the Bucks I could see going. Lethal I'll believe he's gone when he's gone, it feels like every year there's stuff about him considering leaving

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

there's only one thing i know for sure -- Roque11 doesn't believe these boys are leaving

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

Cole and the Bucks I could see going. Lethal I'll believe he's gone when he's gone, it feels like every year there's stuff about him considering leaving

The Bucks do this song and dance every year, but the reality is they always follow the money (and they make more than just about any indie act in the business, and definitely more than WWE typically pays indie signees) and they don't want to move their families to Florida, so they'd probably only go to WWE if they went straight to the main roster like Styles/Anderson/Gallows. I basically won't believe it's not a troll job until the moment they show up on WWE TV.

That being said I could see them going back to the freelance life instead, as ROH really kind of dropped the ball on them creatively after spending all that money to sign them.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Grozz Nuy posted:

That being said I could see them going back to the freelance life instead, as ROH really kind of dropped the ball on them creatively after spending all that money to sign them.

Yeah, that's an interesting point. I actually forgot ROH made that splashy, big money deal to sign them.

I could see them wanting to stick with it though, if ROH offers a new deal. Why go back to touring the indies when you can coast in ROH and make good money? They're coming off a 5* match in PWG, between that and New Japan they have more than enough creative outlets.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bucks and Cole in Lucha Underground would be ridiculous

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Anyone other than me and Thauros going to the ROH show tonight?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Expect Radican to write a retraction/clarification.

Sean wrote an updated/clarified version of the story. What he rewrote:

quote:

One of the first ROH/NJPW stars to be offered a combination deal is Matt Sydal, who is currently under contract to New Japan for another year. To our knowledge, Sydal has not signed the offered combo deal.

Notably, the ROH contracts for Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly of the ReDragon tag team are set to expire at the end of the year.

New Japan has expressed interest in signing Fish and O’Reilly once their ROH deals expire. However, talent believe New Japan and ROH will work together in free agent situations to offer combination deals that would prevent the two companies from bidding against each other.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

I think Cole will leave (whether it be after Final Battle or if ROH gets that extra time from when he was out injured) but everyone else will stay, personally. That just seems the most logical based on where everyone's career trajectories are at.

Cole deleted his hotel picture with Owens. Owens never RT'd the picture to my knowledge and WWE is very concern about being caught by a contract tampering lawsuit.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

rovert posted:

Cole deleted his hotel picture with Owens. Owens never RT'd the picture to my knowledge and WWE is very concern about being caught by a contract tampering lawsuit.

dammit Excalibur

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I hate to agree with Rovert, but it seems kind of incongruous to have an article that states both: "NJPW wants to promote their own shows in the USA without RoH" and "RoH and NJPW will negotiate together to share American talent"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I hate to agree with Rovert

Why? My hit rate for ROH is higher than anyone.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

ROH trip report

Stage AE is a good venue for wrestling even though its scary to see the whole ring shift laterally when three guys hit the ropes.

Waiting at the line to get in the building and Virgil was able to walk by everyone unnonticed until someone nearly ran into him and he said out loud "Hey that Virgil!"

Got an autograph and picture with Adam Cole, really nice guy had me hold the ROH belt on my shoulder and everything

Thought I had balcony seats when I bought my ticket, turns out I had third row ringside seats

Anyway I'll go through the card

6 WOMEN OF HONOR TAG TEAM MATCH
KELLY KLEIN, BRITT BAKER & VEDA SCOTT VS. FAYE JACKSON, MANDY LEON & CRAZY MARY DOBSON

Future NXT women's match when Britt and Dobson faced off; Veda Scott is great at everything but actually wrestling. Horribly botched finish where apparently you can tag a partner in the opponents corner which is what Kelly Klein did.

ACH vs. WILL FERRARA
Good little match with ACH winning with the 450 while Big Willy was laying on his belly

JONATHAN GRESHAM vs. DELIRIOUS
Gresham is cool because he was able to carry a lizard man to a decent match that was all grappling and pinning moves

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION FRANKIE KAZARIAN vs. CHRIS SABIN
Favorite spot of the match was when Kaz and Sabin kept a minute long chain of pinning attempts with Kaz going "Count it" every time he had Sabin pinned. Kamaitachi interfered and helped Kaz win by hold Sabin down by his feet during a pin. Post match attack which lead to Shelly making the save and starting the next match.

KAMAITACHI vs. ALEX SHELLEY
Good match, sad Kamaitachi fan wasn't there, nor did I see his giant senton, Shelly won; Daniels came in to bitch about how management is holding them down (:lol:) and called out Jay who was sitting in the balcony seats.

FOUR-CORNER SURVIVAL TAG TEAM MATCH
JAY & MARK BRISCOE vs. SILAS YOUNG & BEER CITY BRUISER vs. KENNY KING & RHETT TITUS w/CAPRICE COLEMAN vs. WAR MACHINE (RAY ROWE & HANSON)

Awesome match, ROH has a nominee for most disgusting promotional tactic with using a legitimate protest for heel heat for The Cabinet. Caprice Coleman was pretty great at ringside having banter with the one section of fans (section 8) and they would chant section 8 to get his acknowledgement. 2016 WON Tag Team Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser were great, saw BCB do a big boy rolling senton off the apron and was distracted enough to not hear Mark tell everyone in my section to clear since he was going to throw Hanson off the elevated stage area where they had the announcers table. Luckily Hanson got control and threw Mark off the Stage and did a big boy senton. Briscos won with a Mark hitting the Froggy Elbow. Also BCB tried to do the Crane Kick on Mark and Mark's face was priceless that I wish I got a photo of it

Intermission

Some Jagoff from Altoona vs my man Cheeseburger
Jagoff had the face of the Miz on a vanilla midget and Hunter Hearst Helmsey era hair while delivering a "The fact of the matter" promo. Cheeseburger was probably the third most over act of the night and it was cool seeing him wrestle live. Burger won, lights turned out and out came BJ and tall Acension ripoff guy. They kill Cheeseburger when Big Willy get off the announce table and jumps to his friend's aid, gets killed, and then Corino comes out, doesn't fight and BJ lays out the golden spike for Steve. After BJ and tall guy leave, Steve picks up the spike and it looks like he's going to use it on Ferrara (his hand was shaking violently) but he drops it and leaves.

LIO RUSH vs. CAPRICE COLEMAN
Lio was over with his moves and is really fun to watch, so is Caprice, especially when he's doing Bruce Lee tribute spots. Section 8 was really cheering for him and he acknowledged them for when it looked like he was going for a high spot but instead just went in for a stomp. Lio won with his finish.

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION CHRISTOPHER DANIELS vs. JAY WHITE
Sucks that Jay White had to deal with a crowd chanting "C Section rules" and my section going "C Section sucks"'; also lots of Chris Daniels fans there including the Section 8 guys with one heckling everyone and calling them losers. Jay won the crowd a little and the match.

SIX-MAN MAIN EVENT
BULLET CLUB (ROH WORLD CHAMPION ADAM COLE & THE YOUNG BUCKS vs. JAY LETHAL, COLT CABANA & DALTON CASTLE

Awesome ***3/4-**** match, Young Bucks had the Meltzer tights on and the 5 star gold and white ring jackets. Spot of the match was Colt going for the springboard moonsault and getting triple superkicked. Match started funny with Cole facing off Castle, but then as the Boys were fanning up Dalton in the corner. Cole feigned attacking Dalton and went down and superkicked the head off one of the boys and that's when hell broke loose. Faces won when they hit all their finishers on Nick.

After the match Colt gave a great go home promo for the crowd and then had Dalton give the goodbye promo after talking how much Dalton reminds him of a young Colt (using a Dusty impression no less).

Anyway really good show would reccomend the VOD of it, you might see me stone faced in the crowd.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Its just so glorious seeing these live from the third row ringside.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The jagoff was Chris LeRusso. He's at almost every Pittsburgh area ROH show.

He's nothing special but he's a capable enough worker

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I heard Gresham vs Kamaitachi happened and I need to see that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/779116320268947456

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
good, ROH's social media is bad

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
ROH internal drama might be the only thing more boring than their product.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Willninho posted:

ROH internal drama might be the only thing more boring than their product.

OTOH, that War Machine/Lee &Taylor match this week was really good

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

good, ROH's social media is bad

Jeff is a bad person. He apparently got ROH in some real legal trouble and that was the reason for his release.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats the rumors bruh

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

most of the ROH production/office people I know the names of its only because they're an rear end in a top hat

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

oatgan posted:

most of the ROH production/office people I know the names of its only because they're an rear end in a top hat

So, like every other wrestling promotion then?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The ROH dude I dealt with before Jeff was a truly awesome guy, so there's that.

But they let him go sooooo

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

triplexpac posted:

The ROH dude I dealt with before Jeff was a truly awesome guy, so there's that.

But they let him go sooooo

This has become ROH's MO as of late.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
The closet we'll get to seeing Adam Cole in NXT.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WaVLFoe36_E

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I won't be around to make a PPV thread tomorrow night so I made one tonight https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792638

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Roque11 posted:

You're kinda hung up on this huh

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
So Steve Corino is possessed by an ancient demon now? That's cool.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Roque11 posted:

lio rush, however

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Chinston Wurchill posted:

So Steve Corino is possessed by an ancient demon now? That's cool.

I don't understand or really enjoy any of this Corino/Whitmer/Fuckin Kevin Sullivan/Punisher Martinez Punishment Martinez "The Punishment" Damien Martinez (especially this guy) stuff but I find myself utterly compelled every time it's on. It sticks out like such a sore thumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Bull James much like Wade Barrett adds very little to ROH but even less so since it's Bull James (who is bad).

• Locked thread