Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

nomad2020 posted:

Wonder what it is about EVE that attracts the suicidal.

have you played this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

what's the best mining ship for an alpha account? i think a 5 laser mining cruiser would be better than a venture. i'm thinking of thinclient(tm) multiboxing a ton of these

Probably still the venture honestly, unless you fancy emptying cargo every cycle for the very slight increase (depending on mining frig skill cap). Or you could pretend its 2007 and use a 2 turret slot industrial like the miasmos. Or do something slightly more cancerous like mass stabbed deplex in FW

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Sunber posted:

Probably still the venture honestly, unless you fancy emptying cargo every cycle for the very slight increase (depending on mining frig skill cap). Or you could pretend its 2007 and use a 2 turret slot industrial like the miasmos. Or do something slightly more cancerous like mass stabbed deplex in FW

i think 30 or 40 multiboxed miners is better than managing 4-10 dplexing farmers, right?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Syndic Thrass posted:

I feel as though my existence baits him into a frothy rage, and that I am proud of. Good job VG.

By the time he's back from a 7 day I will be home and can pick up the rage-inducing slack as needed. Also hi Syndic

LiteraryDouble
Nov 28, 2014

Hello friends.

CainFortea posted:

Can't really dump on CCP for not releasing personal info to strangers.

I could give a poo poo about the dude's phone number.

They needed to call the cops, not close the ticket.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

LiteraryDouble posted:

They needed to call the cops, not close the ticket.

Nah.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i think 30 or 40 multiboxed miners is better than managing 4-10 dplexing farmers, right?

Adding more accounts doesn't really increase how many hours you need to mine to plex all of your accounts. Say it takes 10 hours of mining to plex a solo account. It takes 12 hours of multiboxing 40 accounts to plex 40 accounts. Basically until you start running into efficiency problems adding more multiboxed miners does not increase the time needed to plex all of your miners. So once you've mined to pay off the plex for each account you start making GBS threads isk. That's not taking into the fact that you can recoup most of the plex cost through sp extraction

So it really just depends on how much you want to mine.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Reverand maynard posted:

Adding more accounts doesn't really increase how many hours you need to mine to plex all of your accounts. Say it takes 10 hours of mining to plex a solo account. It takes 12 hours of multiboxing 40 accounts to plex 40 accounts. Basically until you start running into efficiency problems adding more multiboxed miners does not increase the time needed to plex all of your miners. So once you've mined to pay off the plex for each account you start making GBS threads isk. That's not taking into the fact that you can recoup most of the plex cost through sp extraction

So it really just depends on how much you want to mine.

I'm coming at it from the point of view that I can multibox 30 miners relatively easily, but I'd have to actively watch and manage 10 dplexers and stay pretty keen watching and managing all of them.

These will be the 'free' alpha accounts.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

LiteraryDouble posted:

for you

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm coming at it from the point of view that I can multibox 30 miners relatively easily, but I'd have to actively watch and manage 10 dplexers and stay pretty keen watching and managing all of them.

These will be the 'free' alpha accounts.

Unless CCP rolls back the trial limitation of 1 alpha account per pc logged in at once, youre gonna need a lot of virtual machines.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
Well stunt was entosising random poo poo, and asher decided to fly into a wh and help him. Some idiot in a nid and thanny undocked to stop stunt from entosising the station. We managed to bump both of them off and kill them. I was crying from how hard I was laughing, what an idiot.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/56235788/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/56235796/

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Unless CCP rolls back the trial limitation of 1 alpha account per pc logged in at once, youre gonna need a lot of virtual machines.

Did they say they were going to put in the trial account limitation? Cause I don't think setting up 30 virtual machines is viable.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Divine Blob posted:

Well stunt was entosising random poo poo, and asher decided to fly into a wh and help him. Some idiot in a nid and thanny undocked to stop stunt from entosising the station. We managed to bump both of them off and kill them. I was crying from how hard I was laughing, what an idiot.

rip brave slasher pilot, our sacrifice on the altar of dank frags

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Divine Blob posted:

I thought short bus lived in the glorious renters paradise of the North instead of the Wicked Creek ghettos under slavic slumlords

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Well, I guess it depends how actively you want to watch them. Assuming each miner makes what, max 5 mil an hour in HS? Whereas 1 novice deplex can make that in I *think* 10 mins, you could just ignore them once in the sites and figure loses as part of doing business and have a giant stack of the cheapest t1 frigs for w/e race you choose.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

oh yeah that sounds awful, I could rat in a super and make more than 40 alpha mining accounts yeah gently caress that

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Or you could set them up to run the guristas epic arc or the angels one? The main limiting factor there is 3 months per character and you'd overcome that with free accounts.

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I thought short bus lived in the glorious renters paradise of the North instead of the Wicked Creek ghettos under slavic slumlords

Can't tell if this is a polite invitation to a change of subject or an actual question so I'll treat it as the latter.

[e:] As basic context for the unfamiliar, Short Bus Syndicate is an alliance formerly allied with DARKNESS., the 'lead' alliance in what is effectively a ratting coalition called Gargoyles of Gastronomy (the actual name is worse) who isktoon in Deklein and around-and-about-there. Sort Dragon is the leader of DARKNESS. and of the coalition. Some people have strong opinions of him, sometimes because of mental obstacles in effectively reconciling the differences between the opportunism of anime bushido and the opportunism of ~realpolitik~, and sometimes because literally who are you on this earth if you don't have overtly strong opinions about things.[]

Sort left a dude, Ironwulf, in charge of DARKNESS. while he afk'd/vacationed/whatever'd a bit, suggested he was a bit tired of leading internet space alliance things. No CEO roles were swapped or anything, very acting rank. From my understanding he left this person in charge somewhat hesitantly but that's that. Given all the things that tend to get grr'd about in this thread I should specify that Ironwulf != 1ronbank or wherever the gently caress the cash money leet speak characters go in his name.

Anyhow, for whatever reason (muh throne, oh gently caress the babysitter I hired is a homewrecker, a combination thereof, whatever) Sort comes back somewhat unexpectedly. Again, insofar as my personal understanding, Ironwulf seemed to be using his spot as Socialite #2 of the nouveau riche of Deklein to be a bit divisive and proto-coupy. Sort not only strips him of his loaned authority but kicks him out of the alliance.
The guy sulks off a few jumps away to Short Bus Syndicate where he (choose your own adventure):
a) megalomaniacally begins to stir poo poo and manipulate people in SBS against Sort (but this is best left to a 'facultas' post (I wonder if he knows there are two meanings to that word (He probably does but hopefully he gets the irony, too (On second thought, hope not)))),
b) has a little fantasy here and a little fantasy there but is mostly bitter about having just been kicked and embarrassed; I mean the guy put two nanofibers on his Avatar so how much credit can you really give him,
c) omakase.

What happens thereafter is pretty retarded on a number of levels, but I'll keep it short.
Sort basically gives Short Bus Syndicate a polite suggestion (do you believe this is totally not personal? do you believe it is? do you even care? this is more or less the level of interest this whole thing is on, but you asked-ish): "Get rid of that fucker because I don't want him anywhere in this coalition [among other mounting issues in recent history], or we're going to have to talk".

Well, they talked, and Short Bus Syndicate did all sorts of dumb poo poo on their way out like losing these supers and titans to PL because they decided to take the one route, the [i]one]/i] loving route, that had them take a gate and go directly inside PL's jump range. Real smart.

Anyway I'll do you one better: Since it's 2 Girls, 1 Bus format the bias should be evident but you can spell enough out for yourself from even just the conversational dynamics; here's the breakup call.

iVjLZDDc fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Sep 23, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I was actually quite disappointed in Rain's reply because it's always good to be good to other people, help save lives and things of that nature. I think we have a tendency to reduce people online to electronic text and that's doing a disservice to the fact that even if not conventional society, it still serves a great purpose to those who might not be able to connect in any other way.

Anyone who has talked someone down, or been there for a friend who is not feeling so good about themselves and given them hope has my respect.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Did they say they were going to put in the trial account limitation? Cause I don't think setting up 30 virtual machines is viable.

I don't think it's quoted anywhere yet. But it already exists for trial accounts so i would hedge my bets at it being implemented for alphas too.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Lord_Ferritos posted:

I don't think it's quoted anywhere yet. But it already exists for trial accounts so i would hedge my bets at it being implemented for alphas too.

The idea is that if he could do some cloud poo poo, he could spin up a VM for each account and manage them all through a remote desktop client.

Which is funny, because while the cloud cost is probably lower than account cost, you can't pay that with isk without rmt.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Put your hands up this is a yobbery :buddy:

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

VideoGames posted:

I was actually quite disappointed in Rain's reply because it's always good to be good to other people, help save lives and things of that nature. I think we have a tendency to reduce people online to electronic text and that's doing a disservice to the fact that even if not conventional society, it still serves a great purpose to those who might not be able to connect in any other way.

Anyone who has talked someone down, or been there for a friend who is not feeling so good about themselves and given them hope has my respect.

But internet spaceships are serious business.

There was a story of a guy who died in Band of Brothers and for months after, goons tormented them with I'm a Jeep Beep Beep or something.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

goninzo posted:

There was a story of a guy who died in Band of Brothers and for months after, goons tormented them with I'm a Jeep Beep Beep or something.

'there was a story of a guy who died in band of brothers and for months after goons tormented them' :qq:

First of all it was 'beep beep im a truck' (he got run down by a truck), by two goons independently flying down to bump the memorial station in ships named BEEP BEEP IM A TRUCK and posting screenshots on our internal forums, which BoB spies then saw, relayed and acted on. (Edit: One of them might've been Remedial?) Secondly, at the time, BoB were already worried about us upsetting the EVE applecart, and were watching us closely. BoB, the leading alliance in the game, used this as evidence of goons' inherent awfulness and as a reason to come in full force and camp all of Goonfleet into Syndicate, break our ~industrial backbone~ and declare there are no goons. I don't think we had an alliance yet? And finally, they were being insufferable hero worshipping e-bushido pricks about it the whole time, loudly and obnoxiously wielding the event as a political tool before and during their 'extermination campaign'. We were Untermenschen, this was the smoking gun proving it; for the good of all EVE, we had to be wiped out. There was no "months of tormenting them," at least not prior to that.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 23, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

please just ignore kismeteer he can't tell the difference between good attention and bad attention and just desperately wants people to talk about him/to him

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Weaselior it is me, fisule, from beyond the grave. Please tell everyone in gs_isk I said hi.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

goninzo posted:

Five feathers become five chickens yet again.

I really don't want to have to ignore you, but your posting is basically either "wah wah goona are bad" (and also missing the point or making things sound worse than they really were) or "PAY ATTENTION TO ME" at this point, none of which are really conductive to the quality of this thread. We got a week's vacation from the esteemed shitposter Elsa aka rain<something>, lets not ruin it eh?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
ugh, I used to be a #freekismeteer poster, but I'm starting to see the error of my ways..

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

goninzo posted:

And the goons that did that are so long gone it's not worth mentioning, as in: They have never been inside GSF at all and are all old OG Goonswarm guys. Go take some prozac or something.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 23, 2016

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Somebody told me all the original old skool goons are in TDB now anyway.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
Yep, doing a short history on Goons empathy, that sure is a cry for attention from me. You might see it as normal grrgoons rhetoric, but until the cultural revolution, there were some pretty bad stuff that went down. And those things are still referenced heavily by members of the current team as well.

But hey, make it all about me again. Always good to attack the person rather than the content.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

There's a difference between acknowledging the past and wallowing in it.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
See also the handling of the Crass Kitty harassment from March of this year: https://imgur.com/a/S6iN3

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

nex posted:

ugh, I used to be a #freekismeteer poster, but I'm starting to see the error of my ways..

:same:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

And the goons that did that are so long gone it's not worth mentioning, as in: They have never been inside GSF at all and are all old OG Goonswarm guys. Go take some prozac or something.

Boat has done it in like the last year, but hes a piece of poo poo anyways.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

free elusif tbh fam

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

goninzo posted:

See also the handling of the Crass Kitty harassment from March of this year: https://imgur.com/a/S6iN3

Do you remember that time a PL member made fun of another EVE player for losing his dog in a divorce? That was also cringy as gently caress, do you have any screenshots of that?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

goninzo posted:

BULLSHIT FEIGNED IGNORANCE TEE HEE LOOK AT MEEEEEE

You are literally reduced to feigning ignorance and reciting the most trite and meaningless soundbytes just to interact with people you used to be friends with.

I'd try to say something witty and acerbic, but honestly I just feel really bad. You're becoming really depressing to watch and I might have to ignore you. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

nex posted:

Do you remember that time a PL member made fun of another EVE player for losing his dog in a divorce? That was also cringy as gently caress, do you have any screenshots of that?

Shiiit, I think that was even in this very thread? Man, that's pretty low...

• Locked thread