Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
AA6's version of (Case 4 character spoiler) Athena's Courtroom Révolutionnaire theme was particularly fantastic, I thought. A shame we didn't hear it more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
6-4 :(:argh: Our old friend: The Dying Message.

1-2, 1-5, 2-1, 3-5, 5-1 (sorta).

I thought this was in more than five cases. Did either AJ or the AAI games do this?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Oh absolutely I don't disagree with you there. That's why I had to disqualify them to call AA2's the best. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBymcg6lDWY

this makes me wanna replay AAI2 sometime. The investigations games were made after apollo justice, right?

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

mabels big day posted:

this makes me wanna replay AAI2 sometime. The investigations games were made after apollo justice, right?

Apollo Justice came out in 2007. the Investigations games are 2009 and 2011.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

In other news: I thought Turnabout Storyteller is okay and I'm genuinely surprised it seems to be widely hated on the internet. I've even seen call of it being the Worst Case In The Series(!)

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Storyteller is short enough not to wear out its welcome, has Blackquill as comic relief, and acts as a nice not-so-serious "breather" case in between two cases in which you're literally fighting for both your client and yourself to not be executed on the spot.

Anyone who hates it needs to go back and play 2-4 again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

6-4 has Blackquill literally call out Athena for being a baka gaijin, it's a great case.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well Manicured Man posted:

Storyteller is short enough not to wear out its welcome, has Blackquill as comic relief, and acts as a nice not-so-serious "breather" case in between two cases in which you're literally fighting for both your client and yourself to not be executed on the spot.

Anyone who hates it needs to go back and play 2-4 again.

What would playing the best case in the series do to change their minds?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Regy Rusty posted:

What would playing the best case in the series do to change their minds?

Well, this is embarrassing. I meant to say 2-2, but got my numbers screwed up!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Well Manicured Man posted:

Well, this is embarrassing. I meant to say 2-2, but got my numbers screwed up!

strike 2

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
1-2, then, also known as the case where Feenie nearly loses the case because he suffered his first episode of I'll Rub My Damning Evidence In The Culprit's Face Before the Trial While I'm Alone Syndrome and was unable to flip a sheet of paper over until Mia gave him a loving tutorial.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like how multiple references are made as to Phoenix's clients never paying him and him having trouble with rent, but Mia just has enough money floating around to drop a G on a loving lamp.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rampant Dwickery posted:

1-2, then, also known as the case where Feenie nearly loses the case because he suffered his first episode of I'll Rub My Damning Evidence In The Culprit's Face Before the Trial While I'm Alone Syndrome and was unable to flip a sheet of paper over until Mia gave him a loving tutorial.

1-2 has some of the best court back and forths in the series though

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney spoiler: It warms my heart to see that Will Powers did not scare a small child all these years later :3:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Silver95280 posted:

6-4 :(:argh: Our old friend: The Dying Message.

1-2, 1-5, 2-1, 3-5, 5-1 (sorta).

I thought this was in more than five cases. Did either AJ or the AAI games do this?

4-3 had one written by the actual victim, and I-1 had "GUMSHOE"

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Look at all of these bad taste havers not saying DD and T& T having the best lobby themes :colbert:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Still in Case 5 but i'm gonna say something i've known in my heart of hearts since forever now: Dhurke is totally Apollo's biological dad, right? Nahyuta is adopted because he doesn't look anything like Dhurke, specially with the loving slightly tinted hair.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I'm glad the DLC cases were free for the first week or so after release for the JP version because while I would've paid money for the full-fledged case, the Asinine Attorney ones were a little too fluffy. They were entertaining for what they were though.

Also, it's funny to hear the bit in 6-4 turned into Blackquill insisting on calling it sake. In the original, it was yet another rakugo reference used to get around explicitly mentioning alcohol (水カステラ, liquid cake).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

leather fedora posted:

I'm glad the DLC cases were free for the first week or so after release for the JP version because while I would've paid money for the full-fledged case, the Asinine Attorney ones were a little too fluffy. They were entertaining for what they were though.

Glad it's not just me who thinks that pricing them at $4.00 is a bit ridic

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well into Case 5 now and, I just saw Inga's full name. Oh god, could this name be any longer or more pompous, dammit already :allears:.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well into Case 5 now and, I just saw Inga's full name. Oh god, could this name be any longer or more pompous, dammit already :allears:.

How could this name be any longer or more pompous than it already is.
:ssh:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Not gonna lie, Aoi Yūki popped into my mind when Rayfa was introduced and she could totally voice her for the Ace Attorney anime, but, she already voices Maya...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone know who handles the DLC case defense and prosecution?

I just wanna know if any of the new characters will be interacting with ---Larry Butz---

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I started Case 4 this morning and Geiru just showed up. It's giving me uncomfortable flashbacks to both 1-2 (April May) and 2-3 (ugggghhhhhhhh).

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Poque posted:

strike 2

Well, this is even more embarrassing. I was thinking about Turnabout Big Top the whole time and kept forgetting what number case it was!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I just finished the game and goddamn that last case was a trip :suspense:.

Case 5: I wasn't expecting Ga'ran to flip from quiet moderate priestess to Evil Queen Mastermind like that.

Regarding the ending, It kinda implies even the writers want to distance themselves the hell away from Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, as it seems to be following the loose trilogy structure of the original three games starting from AA5 instead of AA4.

Waffleman_ posted:

I like how multiple references are made as to Phoenix's clients never paying him and him having trouble with rent, but Mia just has enough money floating around to drop a G on a loving lamp.

When was that mentioned in the game?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

When was that mentioned in the game?

The lamp? It's the core part of the solution to case 1-2.

E: If you mean Phoenix not getting paid, many times throughout the original trilogy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I misread "Mia" as "Maya" and thought it was something from SoJ :cripes:.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Case 5: On one hand everyone going "hmmm this obvious parallel sure reminds me of something, hmmmmmmmm???" is technically bad, but on the other hand, Edgeworth immediately going "lets ignore this parallel" when perfect records comes up is pretty great.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I always thought it was more that he doesn't get that many clients, not that he doesn't get paid. Like Larry didn't and maybe Maya too, but I think someone like Will Powers or Max Galactica would've been able to cough up the dough.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

VibrantPareidolia posted:

I always thought it was more that he doesn't get that many clients, not that he doesn't get paid. Like Larry didn't and maybe Maya too, but I think someone like Will Powers or Max Galactica would've been able to cough up the dough.

I would imagine Will Powers was likely working for well-below market rate pay given who he was working for and his motivation of "for the kids".

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
There's no way Edgeworth and even Lana went without paying Phoenix, though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Phoenix is still milking Will Powers for all he's worth. I wouldn't be surprised if he's secretly blackmailing Ron DeLite either.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Half of Gumshoe's salary as police chief goes towards paying off Maggie's legal debt

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Gumshoe is chief of detectives, not police. Try to keep up. Also Phoenix manages to run a (vacant!) law office and raise a child for seven years as a hobo. The man does not need paying clients to get by.

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

Kajeesus posted:

Also Phoenix manages to run a (vacant!) law office and raise a child for seven years as a poker piano player. The man does not need paying clients to get by.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hobo Phoenix is a bad man who cheated at poker

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So I'm...some amount of the way into the second trial day of case 5, probably nearing the end, and I just have to say I get how necessary it is to have the one-on-one with Nahyuta that shows him the error of his ways and that he doesn't need to shackle himself to Ga'ran anymore and whatnot, but it's also really goofy that we spend all that time proving how the murderer did the deed and the necessity of channeling and all, but then Nahyuta can just jump behind the witness stand, say he did the crime and the judge is all but willing to just go with it without any need to go into details about how he could have done it in the face of all the evidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Case 5 spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abdX3zjq6-s