Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Danger posted:

In a week when all of the mechanics are well known this thing can probably be done in about 30 minutes I bet.

Rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Now that people have spent some time with this, should I get my PS4 back from my brother and spend $30 on this or just wait for Destiny 2 on PC?

Do the latter so we can see you post about it when it happens.

:thejoke:

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Looks like the leading raid teams pretty over leveled for a lot of the encounters compared to worlds first Crota, VoG. Encounter wise it's comparable to VoG I'd say but less punishing for being underleveled.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Now that people have spent some time with this, should I get my PS4 back from my brother and spend $30 on this or just wait for Destiny 2 on PC?

You're gunna be waiting

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

xzzy posted:

On the flip side, Destiny is actually fun to play and FF14 is all the worst MMO mechanics stuffed into a single game.

I don't think I'd be so salty about RoI if it wasn't the only piece of content after a year and expected to itself last a year.

I know that the backstory is they threw this together in a few months as a stopgap, but as a consumer, I don't give a gently caress what their sob story is, the sparse amount of content in this and the amount that is reused is embarrassing.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Danger posted:

Looks like the leading raid teams pretty over leveled for a lot of the encounters compared to worlds first Crota, VoG. Encounter wise it's comparable to VoG I'd say but less punishing for being underleveled.

Which is good because of how broken leveling is now, it's good that people can just do the first parts easily get loot and possibly get the next parts done.

LOL if this can become a quick 30 minute raid. This really is a much tinier expansion. It's almost on the scale of the dark below.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
The middle part looked unique and fun as hell and the beginning and end were pretty typical of the other raids.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Bungie releases an expansion that's 25% cheaper than the previous one and has about 30% less content, I agree that it's laughable

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

I have no friends. (That game). So I'd just wanna do it with a crew from here maybe...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720896&pagenumber=393#lastpost

Go here buddy, you'll find friends.

Raid seems short even with all these folks doing it for the first time, figured as much but it seems less obnoxious than KF at least, boss doesn't look as cool as Oryx did though.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Holy poo poo

Low Teens is some of the heaviest poo poo Every Time I Die has ever put out. Very good.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

When commenting to your team during the raid, make sure you say it three times in quick succession so that no one else can hear your teammates.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

I don't think I'd be so salty about RoI if it wasn't the only piece of content after a year and expected to itself last a year.

Well except for that part where they did put out a few updates in Y2. SRL, crimson doubles, and the April update.

Obviously none of it was a huge expansion giving people 100+ hours of new things to do to but they also didn't charge for any of it.

At this point we have no idea what the plan for Y3 is. We don't even have whiffs of a launch date for Destiny 2, so it's a bit premature to claim that RoI is all we're getting for a year.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
There's going to be challenge modes and hard too.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
what are light levels for mobs in the first vs. final fight? Namaste.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

poor life choice posted:

what are light levels for mobs in the first vs. final fight? Namaste.
First was quoted as 370

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

xzzy posted:

SRL, crimson doubles, and the April update.

Oh yes. Such thrilling content. :rolleye:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Oh yes. Such thrilling content. :rolleye:

Oh so now it has to be content you enjoy to qualify as content.

Does your back hurt from hauling those goalposts all over the place?

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.

xzzy posted:

Listen, that content was content, but if you wanted PvE it didn't add much (outside of the April update). Personally I like PvP just fine but some people don't.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

xzzy posted:

Let me just make sure I understand you.

You are saying "Bungie's slow content pipeline is excusable and they are doing right by their player base because they released two lovely seasonal events."

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

You are saying "Bungie's slow content pipeline is excusable and they are doing right by their player base because they released two lovely seasonal events."

not only is that not what he said, it's not what you said, either

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
If you don't like the content don't play the game. Who cares shut up

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Mordiceius posted:

no, you made a definitive statement that Rise of Iron is destiny's first content update in a year which is an untrue statement, he called you out on it, and then you moved the goalposts which you just did again in this very post

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Yeah unironically just keep posting raid scraps, feed me anecdotes!!!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

poor life choice posted:

Yeah unironically just keep posting raid scraps, feed me anecdotes!!!

u must use siva to wash a giant captains balls

e: do captains have balls I need to be accurate to the Destiny canon

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hey it's me, someone you've never heard of and will never play Destiny with.

I just wanted to tell you why the game sucks. Please convince me to buy it.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

FishBulb posted:

If you don't like the content don't play the game. Who cares shut up

This.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bone krew did the first 3rd totally blind and then got through the death Zamboni with a little hint or two before we had to go do real life stuff.

Thoughts:

Again bungie is confusing what is actually obtuseness and lack of direction with mystery and accomplishment when it comes to a few of the raid mechanics, but that's fine. This stuff will easily be deduced and discussed online and then that won't matter.

The actual fights themselves are fun. That's important. Beyond that, you can have some dudes gently caress up and still recover. That's even more important. This isn't a dance it's a fight with a few dance moves.

Hopefully this holds true for the last part.

Got the shotgun in void, which owns bones, and some armor stuff, which is meh. Apparently the secondaries can roll with different elements which is weird and unfortunate given the predominance of void shields for Siva fallen.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
last boss is 380

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Jesus christ why didnt anyone tell me the Monte Carlo was such a loving beast?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Raid weapons are :effort:

We are at the final encounter now. The raid does a nice job of building mechanics on top of each other.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

no, you made a definitive statement that Rise of Iron is destiny's first content update in a year which is an untrue statement, he called you out on it, and then you moved the goalposts which you just did again in this very post

Crimson Doubles lasted 2 weeks. SRL lasted 3. It wasn't lasting content. They were brief events.

Allow me to rephrase my statement:

I don't think I'd be so salty about RoI if it wasn't the only "large and lasting" content update after a year and expected to itself last a year.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Mazerunner posted:

last boss is 380

Thanks

marauderthirty posted:

We are at the final encounter now. The raid does a nice job of building mechanics on top of each other.

Glad to hear that part, at least.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Feenix posted:

Jesus christ why didnt anyone tell me the Monte Carlo was such a loving beast?

It's pretty fun on a nightstalker with sealed ahamkara and max str. You can fling smoke bombs all the gently caress over the place.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Crimson Doubles lasted 2 weeks. SRL lasted 3. It wasn't lasting content. They were brief events.

Allow me to rephrase my statement:

I don't think I'd be so salty about RoI if it wasn't the only "large and lasting" content update after a year and expected to itself last a year.

Please edit your post to include your opinion on the April DLC.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

xzzy posted:

It's pretty fun on a nightstalker with sealed ahamkara and max str. You can fling smoke bombs all the gently caress over the place.

Wait, huh?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Feenix posted:

Wait, huh?

Monte Carlo procs recharge the smoke bombs. Sealed Ahamkara gives you two smoke bombs. Do the math. :v:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

xzzy posted:

Monte Carlo procs recharge the smoke bombs. Sealed Ahamkara gives you two smoke bombs. Do the math. :v:

Are Smoke Bombs a melee move for one of the characters?

Because my Monte Carlo has better hip accuracy and increases Melee Cooldown.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

xzzy posted:

Please edit your post to include your opinion on the April DLC.

I've made it clear enough that when I have been talking about content, I've been talking about the large content pieces of which, there have now been four since the release of Destiny.

I think it's lovely that in one year, there were three big content releases, then nothing for another year. And after this, likely nothing until this time next year.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Feenix posted:

Nightstalker is a subclass for Hunter, and it works well with the combo that is quoted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Feenix posted:

Yes, hunter nightstalkers have two "grenades." A traditional grenade that is horrible and no one uses, and smoke bombs for their charged melee attack. They slow down enemies and if you select the perk, poisons them for a bit too.

• Locked thread