Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

theflyingorc posted:

Huh? We have one of the most gerrymandered congresses in the whole country and they've been out of control since 2010. Our government is not representative of our people, full stop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina_gubernatorial_election,_2012

quote:

Pat McCrory won the election with almost 55 percent of the vote to Dalton's 43 percent (according to unofficial results), the largest margin of victory for a Republican in an open-seat race for governor since Reconstruction. When he became the 74th governor of North Carolina in January 2013, the Republicans won complete control of state government for the first time since Reconstruction.

What else ya got, mate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

WampaLord posted:

Kaisch 2020 is hardly a lock. I don't think he wins a Republican primary.

You'll see that I edited my comment to reflect that the "less retarded, but more xenophobic and racist version of Trump" is actually an inevitability and not some fringe possibility.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope Sean Hannity runs in 2020.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

haveblue posted:

So does that law only apply to the police's own videos, or can I get arrested for tweeting a video I took of a shooting?

No idea but the former is (maybe) "just" incredibly bad public policy, the latter would be an incredibly obvious First Amendment violation, so its either the former or the law is going to get overturned instantly.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

greatn posted:

Will he have a cyborg limb?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

greatn posted:

Glenn Beck/Ann Coulter 2020

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

fits my needs posted:

The South is a terrible place and in some places it is becoming even worse instead of better.

Racism isn't limited to the south my man.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

lozzle posted:

Glenn Beck/Ann Coulter 2020

Will be the first ever time the Nominee argues constantly with his own VP choice

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

happyhippy posted:

Will be the first ever time the Nominee argues constantly with his own VP choice

I dunno I get the feeling McCain and Palin didn't get along at all.

Unless you mean publicly in which case yeah probably.

edit: Oh yeah also there was that one time Andrew Jackson threatened to hang his own Vice President, John C. Calhoun for treason.

lozzle fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 23, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Kurt has been pushing this hard: https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/779417959533912065?s=09

Honestly doesn't seem much of a story to me. Trump lies in Republican debate, stop the presses

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
quote is not edit

lozzle fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 23, 2016

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

lozzle posted:

Yeah but they still voted for this McCrory guy so clearly there is something wrong with them.

We're hardly the only state with a random garbage person for their governor. The real problem is the legislature, if we had one that was semi-normal they wouldn't even pass garbage bills up to Mayor McCheese to sign.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

Racism isn't limited to the south my man.

No poo poo, what's your point? The South is worse though objectively and it isn't helped with the backwards culture and gerrymandering.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LGD posted:

No idea but the former is (maybe) "just" incredibly bad public policy, the latter would be an incredibly obvious First Amendment violation, so its either the former or the law is going to get overturned instantly.

Here, follow follow this from the ACLU.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Obviously, the funniest part about this whole Cruz fiasco is that the squishy RINOs like Jeb and Kasich are the only ones still standing opposed to Trump. I'm sure the true conservatives will give them plenty of credit for thapfhahahahahahahaha

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

McCrory was mayor of Charlotte during some of its greatest growth. He seemed as a moderate Republican and was able to woo many of the centrists to his side in that way. Once he got in to the Govenor's office his true colors really began to shine. Now the fact that Charlotte prospered in spite of McCrory's "leadership" and not because of his leadership was irrelevant to the majority of voters.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

WampaLord posted:

Kaisch 2020 is hardly a lock. I don't think he wins a Republican primary.

Who's to say he even runs?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Doctor Butts posted:

Who's to say he even runs?

He and his main political guru, John Weaver, have been telegraphing it incessantly.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

He'd never do it for the same reason O'Reilly would never do it...their egos are so delicate the first poll that saw them down -1 point they'd have a meltdown bigger than Fukashima.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Xarthor posted:

He'd never do it for the same reason O'Reilly would never do it...their egos are so delicate the first poll that saw them down -1 point they'd have a meltdown bigger than Fukashima.

He wouldn't see that poll till July, in the primary he would do great. He's a perfect Iowa candidate and a perfect new Hampshire candidate for different reasons.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

HannibalBarca posted:

He and his main political guru, John Weaver, have been telegraphing it incessantly.
Literally nothing happening right now will mean anything in 2020. In fact, nothing means anything RIGHT NOW.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Kasich is definitely going to run again but he's going to hit the same wall he did this time...he's not insane enough for GOP primary voters.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Xarthor posted:

He'd never do it because it's more profitable and easier to sit on the sidelines making GBS threads on everyone than to actually try to run.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
If Zodiac Killer didn't run for 2016, you think his war chest would have been enough to survive the Trumpster fire?

Also who's going to be the tokens for 2020? Or does the GOP going full c-ucknazi mean tokens are out automatically?

Also NJ goons should call their state reps or whatever to get fat rear end impeached.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

How anyone can predict what 2020 is going to look like while we are still in the midst of This loving Election™ blows my mind.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Madmarker posted:

McCrory was mayor of Charlotte during some of its greatest growth. He seemed as a moderate Republican and was able to woo many of the centrists to his side in that way. Once he got in to the Govenor's office his true colors really began to shine. Now the fact that Charlotte prospered in spite of McCrory's "leadership" and not because of his leadership was irrelevant to the majority of voters.

As I recall he gutted a light rail proposal that he also used to promote his campaign?

Nobody thought McCrory was going to be quite this bad.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I have no goddamn clue what 2020 will look like because it's going to depend on 4 years of our crazy as gently caress world AND exactly what happens in this one.

I'm just predicting Kaisch and Cruz are both doing whatever they feel they need to do to set up their own 2020 runs because both really obviously want to be president.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/779421039671570432

What the gently caress is wrong with democrats.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Is Kanye actually talking about a 2020 run? My friends are saying he is.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Jesus christ, one man truly managed to turn a field full of "promising" GOP candidates into a burning wasteland. No one wins after this. Kasich is a fool if he thinks this helps him in 2020, the whole reason Ted endorsed is because he sees the writing on the wall that Trump supporters are the future of the party. Kasich and the other uncompromising "real conservative" candidates have no hope of getting through a primary if that's true.

Ted could maybe- maybe- come out the strongest here if 3-4 years is enough time for the Trump supporters to forget/repress/deny how much they hated him. Trump seems to be trying to start that process (assuming he doesn't turn on him at some point): https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-ted

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yeah I can't even really speculate on what the Republicans will do, though I'm going to guess it depends on just how well Trump does.

Boy, though, we can all get excited to imagine what's going to be in the Republican planning documents they write in the aftermath of this election!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Of course it will be Tim Kaine up for reelection after Hillary succumbs to bonitis.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Lightning Knight posted:

Kanye is always talking about running for President so probably.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lightning Knight posted:

He said it once but he says a lot of stuff.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Open racism is on vogue again and no one really care that much about black people being executed by cops. The genie is out of the bottle and the next 4 years are gonna be a rollercoaster!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lightning Knight posted:

He's more than likely kidding.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

fits my needs posted:

Open racism is on vogue again and no one really care that much about black people being executed by cops. The genie is out of the bottle and the next 4 years are gonna be a rollercoaster!

why do people keep saying this like it's a new development. just because something gets a higher profile doesn't make it new

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dexo posted:

He's more than likely kidding.

Interesting. I'd prefer two terms of Hillary into somebody new, but I'd vote for Kanye over anybody with an R next to their name as long as he wasn't running on some bizarrely terrible platform or blatantly corrupt/nepotistic.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

Interesting. I'd prefer two terms of Hillary into somebody new, but I'd vote for Kanye over anybody with an R next to their name as long as he wasn't running on some bizarrely terrible platform or blatantly corrupt/nepotistic.

His platform would be four years of the music video for Power playing 24/7 on all stations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

I'm pretty sure Kayne would run on a bizarrely terrible platform of blatant corruption and nepotism and would still be the best choice to vote for.

• Locked thread