Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WsiBs-PXTM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
french cut panties then are lame. and i am seeing they are becomkng moore popular of late. drat. hate it when fashion trends move towards things i don't like.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

DiggityDoink posted:

hes just saying that cause goldens are the most retarded breed there is. not as in like "whoa who thought of breeding these two dogs togethere" i mean theyre the special ed kids of the dog world
https://i.imgur.com/48pX44A.mp4

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

those are labs you fool, you giant imbecile

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!

epipen posted:

there's a How It's Made episode on them for some reason

nice

this looks loving sick

a kaiju to surpass metal gear...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

you fool, you giant imbecile

please don't directly address the golden retrievers, they'll get overexcited and poo poo somewhere they shouldn't

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

some of the unofficial lego car kits are really neat
pretty sure i saw a honda kit that had a model engine with moving pistons and everything

cadenza
Dec 25, 2006

integrity

Relin posted:

good work bleeding hearts you did it!!

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/1976211/international-protests-against-dog-eating-festival-china-have

“I used to think our enemy was the dog meat lovers,” said the operator of a new dog shelter, who asked not to be named. “Now I see our enemy is the activists from outside.”

why are western people so mad about dogs being eaten anyway

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cadenza posted:

it's not so much westerners as it is berkeleyites

there are more dogs in San Francisco than there are humans under the age of 18

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
eat all animals that are not endangered IMO

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

BANME.sh posted:

eat all animals that are not endangered IMO

same, i kept snakes for years and think they're great but i'd still eat them no problem

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

cadenza posted:

culture

it's not entirely just westerners, either

for example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_Amundsen_and_Scott_Expeditions#Ponies_vs_dogs

Amundsen, by contrast, took an entirely utilitarian approach.[14] Amundsen planned from the start to have weaker animals killed to feed the other animals and the men themselves.[1] He expressed the opinion that it was less cruel to feed and work dogs correctly before shooting them, than it would be to starve and overwork them to the point of collapse.[11] Amundsen and his team had similar affection for their dogs as those expressed above by the English, but they "also had agreed to shrink from nothing in order to achieve our goal"[15] Such a procedure was claimed to be distasteful to the British. At the same time the British were willing to eat their ponies.[1]

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Apocadall posted:

same, i kept snakes for years and think they're great but i'd still eat them no problem

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/raging-drunk-woman-who-cut-8659084

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

poor snake, it's not even big enough to be dangerous, after 10 feet though you only interact with them with two people and both armed with at least 6" knives

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
please do not decapitate your pets

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

barons friday night motherfuckers

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom
basically because people feel a different bond between them and a pet like a cat or a dog (or rabbit, or hamster, etc) than they do between them and a cow, or chicken, or w/e

they see the dog as a pet, a companion, rather than as a potential source of food
and most westerners having never experienced food insecurity or famine, basically can't comprehend resorting to that
i realise that that's not the context that eating dog or w/e is being done in, and not even necessarily why it developed, but a lot of culinary traditions westerners find unappealing originally developed to make more efficient use of available meats - particularly consumption of offal and the like

most folks have never actually been up close to a cow irl, or any livestock - they're no less intelligent or friendly, if they're used to humans, they're just not humanised as much
visiting my uncle's farm pretty often as a kid i was super uncomfortable with how cattle are treated - aus is generally better at it than most places, but branding and dehorning and stuff was really awful
if a cow's used to people they love to be pet, just like a dog. some even like a hug, lmao
that said, i still eat meat lol

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

epipen posted:

most folks have never actually been up close to a cow irl, or any livestock - they're no less intelligent or friendly

horses_are_stupid.txt

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

please do not decapitate your pets

you really shouldn't but with larger snakes you have to be prepared to if necessary. they have a brain the size of a pea and can think you're food or a threat in an instant if there is so much as an odd movement, their muscles are far stronger than yours and they'll kill you while you struggle and every exhale with grip tighter until you die, usually you can avoid it if you know what to look out for but as i said if you're dealing with a snake over 10 foot always have two peoples an knives just in case because they can be incredibly dangerous

burmese pythons are the worst offenders for this, an extremely aggressive species similar to the anaconda in terms of aggression, they get around 12-14 foot at adulthood and they're the ones they're having problems with in florida

reticulated pythons can get up to 32-36 foot but are some of the chillest snakes you'll ever meet, the python in the videos opening doors and being a big noodle is a reticulated

stick with under 6 foot if you're not prepared to have to kill it if needed, ball python, red tailed boa, rat snakes, corn snakes, all very manageable species that wont get too big, anything larger though and your attitude towards them needs to change drastically, also don't gently caress around with venomous snakes unless you can find someone to study under who has worked with them for years, they strike faster than you can move and one bite from most species and you'll be dead before you can get to the hospital, keep anti-venom on hand

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

eating meat at every meal, or even every day, is a uniquely American post-ww2 thing (except for a small number of native cultures e.g. the Inuit)

until modern factory farming, most people worldwide survived on grains, root vegetables, renewable animal byproducts (milk, eggs) and whatever bits of meat and fruit they could scrounge up

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Glorgnole posted:

i need a turboshaft in this scale for a project, tia

they're a thing that exists, my nephew works for a company that makes them for micro power generation, but they're really not cheap.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

FRIDAY NIGHT DOG CHAT

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it

quoting this old rear end post to say animorphs was the poo poo

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

AAAAAAAAAA

Palmer Luckey, 24, is using his $700m Facebook fortune to bankroll a pro-Trump “non-profit” focused on “shitposting memes” called Nimble America.
The co-founders of this org are responsible for popularizing some of the nastiest white supremacist and anti-Semitic memes on the internet.
Posting under the pseudonym “NimbleRichMan,” Palmer Luckey wrote a manifesto for the organization, where he solicited The Trump subreddit for more money

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

mods namechange to meme magic plz tia

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
christ

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
that guy get fired or what

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Wow the Jews thing came in rather abruptly at the end there.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i want to see it when they trial run #googlehangouts

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i want to see it when they trial run #googlehangouts

I don't want to look at people who got lynched

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the immediate wave of disgust at 4chan should be p great tho

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

echinopsis posted:

the one where mickey donald and goofy have a caravan? that's ten minutes of animation supremacy.

http://i.imgur.com/nmFvfQE.gifv

where do i buy this device

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i'm glad everyteenagers4free is back in the zeitgeist even if the tumblr is still deactivated

still with i had bought a seinfeld cyberpunk and a BORN TO DIE I AM TRASH MAN shirt when they were up

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

i'm glad everyteenagers4free is back in the zeitgeist even if the tumblr is still deactivated

still with i had bought a seinfeld cyberpunk and a BORN TO DIE I AM TRASH MAN shirt when they were up

I got a born to die shirt hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

i can't deal with this poo poo

• Locked thread