Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Isn't Vision powered by an Infinity Stone or am I mixing up the comics with the movies
I'd be pretty afraid of a robot powered by an Infinity Stone. And I'll stay here what I said in the other thread: :cripes: at Tony thinking Vision was going to just let him waltz up and slap a containment field on him, after all the poo poo that happened.

You're thinking of Movie Vision. Comic Vision is powered by primarily solar, IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This one time Vision got mentally warped by contact with an alien computer and started acting like a creepy smiling weirdo in order to run essentially a political campaign to make people like him more. He'd go out of his way to order coffee with two sugars to make random people go "Gee, Vision gets his coffee the same way I do! Maybe he's not so different!" and then he'd grin like a creepy weirdo.

That has nothing to do with those panels, I just wanted to remind everyone that Vision has been awesome for a long time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

If Medusa is there, I presume someone can call Black Bolt.

Every time they call he never says anything though :mad:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
The Vision's actually a pretty big deal and I can see him messing up a big crowd of superhumans, particularly when most of the people in that crowd don't really want to hurt or kill him. He's got two different flavors of invulnerability, solar blasts, the ability to painfully incapacitate anything organic, etc. Monica could be tricky, though.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This is why he'll get chumped almost instantly, but all Dr. Strange has to do is open the proper portal to wherever and give Vision an inter-dimensional time out.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I want to say this is better done in EMH but tbh i just like the way the va says i have completed my mission and then ultron gets owned or whatever

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

I want to say this is better done in EMH but tbh i just like the way the va says i have completed my mission and then ultron gets owned or whatever

I haven't seen it since the second season ended, but I don't remember Vision ripping off Ultron's arm, so unless I'm wrong about that it's definitely not better.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Oh, another DC crossover.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ygolonac posted:

Oh, another DC crossover.

Ultron's creation ripping off Ultron's arm is very different than the leitmotif of DC villains ripping off C-list heroes arms to prove they're bad rear end.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

fatherdog posted:

What can any of those people do to someone who can go intangible at will?

Monica should still be able to take him down. He's intangible, but he can still see, which means he still interacts with photons.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I still find it impossible to give a poo poo about thunder as a meaningful power set.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Boogaleeboo posted:

I still find it impossible to give a poo poo about thunder as a meaningful power set.

What about now?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Okay, why is Vision such a big deal, exactly? Does he have any other powers besides becoming intangible? Because that alone, while a cool power, hardly makes him an incredible thread in my eyes.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

He can pull off combining green and yellow?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
He's got the standard superhuman strength and speed and flight, plus his forehead laser. And his intangibility is part of his ability to alter his density and mass at will, which he can control like the Atom. If he were to combine that with his phasing and say, stick his hand inside you then raise the density suddenly, the shock alone would kill you, let alone the fact that he was pulling a Kali Ma on you. As others have said, Monica's probably the only one who poses a threat to him at all there.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Basically the only reason he didn't kill Tony was because he didn't want to, not because he wasn't able to.

Which IMO is pretty loving lenient of him, considering the dude who killed Vision's son was acting with Avenger authority.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 24, 2016

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

e X posted:

Okay, why is Vision such a big deal, exactly? Does he have any other powers besides becoming intangible? Because that alone, while a cool power, hardly makes him an incredible thread in my eyes.

Choco1980 posted:

He's got the standard superhuman strength and speed and flight, plus his forehead laser. And his intangibility is part of his ability to alter his density and mass at will, which he can control like the Atom. If he were to combine that with his phasing and say, stick his hand inside you then raise the density suddenly, the shock alone would kill you, let alone the fact that he was pulling a Kali Ma on you. As others have said, Monica's probably the only one who poses a threat to him at all there.

He can also increase his density to the point where he's capable of throwing down with guys like the Hulk.

I think it's also important to note that the trick where he raises his density with his hand inside a guy isn't just comic-book forum theorycraft, but is an actual thing the Vision does to people to knock them out.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Boogaleeboo posted:

The thunder is a byproduct of the lightning; he's being humble.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

prefect posted:

The thunder is a byproduct of the lightning; he's being humble.

Has he ever done something like make a huge bolt of lighting strike close enough that the thunderclap knocked people unconscious? It seems like an appropriately comic book use of the powerset.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Why doesn't Thor ever come off as that cool in his movies?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
*huff* *huff* *huff* *huff*

Did I make it? Is it still Thor Time?

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 24, 2016

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Monica should still be able to take him down. He's intangible, but he can still see, which means he still interacts with photons.

That kind of goes to my point, though. The post I was responding to was -

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

I know it's just for story purposes and they do this same thing with whatever hero needs to be "OUT OF CONTROL AND WON'T BE STOPPED" in a given situation, but I don't get how Vision took down all those dudes.

Iron Man? Got sucker punched, but okay. Beast? Basically blue Worf, so sure. Anyone else with physical-attribute based powers, fine. Dr. Strange might as well be a training dummy with a cape on it as often as he gets jobbed. But Blue Marvel, Thor, Nova, and Monica Rambeau? The first two alone have Sentry-level powersets. If Medusa is there, I presume someone can call Black Bolt. I just don't see it, but then again I've always thought Vision was a lame character so maybe it's just my personal bias.

And Monica is literally the only person listed who can do poo poo to Vision.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

fatherdog posted:

Vision is just good Ultron and Ultron kills the Avengers all the time. Why aren't any of the Runaways around?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
e: nvm, misread your post

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I feel like Thor should be able to least do something with her lightning. Like, I don't care how little density Vision has, he's still made of molecules that can be zapped.

The lettering in the top panel here is great, and slightly confuses me because is it actually lettering or is it the penciller?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Why doesn't Thor ever come off as that cool in his movies?

Well. other than Hemsworth not really being equipped to say badass dialogue in a believable way, it's mostly a budget thing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Probably the penciller, maybe in consultation with the letterer. It really depends on the artist, some of them like doing their own sound effects.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It's really nice to see that kind of effort put into sfx :allears:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Whoever made the call to turn the rubble into sfx deserves a raise and a drink on the house.

Lurdiak posted:

Well. other than Hemsworth not really being equipped to say badass dialogue in a believable way, it's mostly a budget thing.

Now that you say this, is there anyone in the MCU not being played by Samuel L Jackson that can deliver badass dialogue?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SonicRulez posted:

Now that you say this, is there anyone in the MCU not being played by Samuel L Jackson that can deliver badass dialogue?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Loki we are in the middle of a battle, please stop taking selfies

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

He should have said, anyone still alive :smith:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SonicRulez posted:

Whoever made the call to turn the rubble into sfx deserves a raise and a drink on the house.

That's one of my qualms about the MCU movies, I can enjoy them for what they are just fine, but endless pithy quips does get a bit old after a while, it'd be nice to have just one person who can throw their weight into some meaty dialogue and chew the scenery a bit.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Tom Hiddleston has that going on but yeah he's one guy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

He should have said, anyone still alive :smith:

Hopkins ain't dead!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Oh Jesus Christ, how happy I am to be wrong. Why the gently caress did I think he had died? :confused:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

Oh Jesus Christ, how happy I am to be wrong. Why the gently caress did I think he had died? :confused:

Everyone else died this year so I understand how you could make that mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

nvm