Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

turns out that the iPhone 7 actually owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
it does indeed

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

the new music.app blows so hard my wife and I are switching back to Spotify.

gj apple.

oh wait let me put it in a design language that Apple understands:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

ethics in video games tech journalism

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Shifty Pony posted:

the new music.app blows so hard my wife and I are switching back to Spotify.

gj apple.

oh wait let me put it in a design language that Apple understands:

you should have hidden some functionality off the screen

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
iphone 7+ is very needs suiting and looks great in jet black, thanks timb

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

ohhhh its because they spelled britney spears wrong thanks op

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i mean

poty
Jun 21, 2008

thats not the one i was looking for!!!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

its for a friend

poty
Jun 21, 2008

with a taste of your lips im on a ride
youre to-xic im slippin under

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that's a real good song

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
https://youtu.be/CQY3KUR3VzM

The captions also mention slash but I guess they couldn't clear it

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tqH-Un9SFU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/reckless/status/779459717039001600

not a big deal tbh

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Internaut! posted:

so did any iphone 7 havers actually bite the bullet and get airpods

I love my EarPods and use them every day commuting but wondering how the airpods stack up in real goonworld use

im gonna buy some when they land because im a huge idiot

i will wear them while cycling to work, it'll be fun picking them up off the bike lane

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

the UI changes in iOS 10 are really great. the only thing the music app needs is an arrow or something in the bottom to show it can scroll down it's really not that different, the now playing is on the bottom now instead of a button on the top. ooooh scary.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sudo Echo posted:

the UI changes in iOS 10 are really great.

agreed. and the larger buttons and sliders suit my 6s + nicely

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

a cool new OS X (macOS lol?) thing is that dictionary now does language translations

i can now read the news better. thanks timb

ufarn
May 30, 2009
cook'd

quote:

So today at work I had Sierra start syncing my work Desktop and Documents folders. Later I checked in iCloud and there it all was. Awesome.

What I didn't see were my Desktop files from my home computer. That was odd because I'd upgraded to Sierra at home the night before. So why hadn't it worked from home?

When I got home I checked to see if I'd enabled this syncing operation on my home machine. I hadn't. So I checked the box to enable it. But when I did it said I had too many files or too many nested folders to use this service. I poked around on Google to find out about this because I hadn't seen any reference to any storage limits. I couldn't find any information about this. So I moved some files off my desktop to see if I could get under whatever this limit I was bumping up against.

After moving a bunch of files, I tried again. Success! It let me do it. Then in a flash all the files on my desktop disappeared and were replaced by the files from my work desktop.

Arghghgghhgghgh!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/maybe-be-careful-with-osx-sierra

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

"hmm yes let me enable an untested syncing service on my critical data with zero backups" - that guy

if only apple had some sort of automatic versions backup system built in. oh well.

😒

ufarn
May 30, 2009
just dont rely on any apple syncing in general; it's, what, a year since an iphoto issue on macos wiped people's photo collections?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i hate this stupid loving press home to unlock on my iPad mini. I'm constantly swiping to a slow and laggy widget screen that I'd rather not have at all on the old device.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

ufarn posted:

just dont rely on any apple syncing in general; it's, what, a year since an iphoto issue on macos wiped people's photo collections?

Reminder that back in the ipod days, 'sync' meant 'recopy every single song again'

Lol apple

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Mr. Nice! posted:

i hate this stupid loving press home to unlock on my iPad mini. I'm constantly swiping to a slow and laggy widget screen that I'd rather not have at all on the old device.

you can shut it off somewhere... i think its under accessibility

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

Reminder that back in the ipod days, 'sync' meant 'recopy every single song again'

Lol apple

nope

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

Lol apple

no it didn't. I had the very first 5gb iPod and that's not how it worked. where are you coming from?

do you mean how you could only sync to one computer at a time?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

im gonna buy some when they land because im a huge idiot

i will wear them while cycling to work, it'll be fun picking them up off the bike lane

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/779406115217997824

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

ive done this mutliple times but with wired headphones and coffee not a urinal

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

pro tip if u dip ur IEMs in coffee dont put them in ur ears for a couple of hours unless ur a big fan of burning sensations

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Sudo Echo posted:

"hmm yes let me enable an untested syncing service on my critical data with zero backups" - that guy

if only apple had some sort of automatic versions backup system built in. oh well.

😒

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/779538052377108480

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
sometimes poo poo happens and an installer fails and you have to recover from backup. but a sync wiping out all of your files is pure bullshit. expecting you to get them from backup is not acceptable.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Mad Wack posted:

https://twitter.com/JoannaStern/status/779319827949379585

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
looks like i've been doing it wrong all along. i've only ever had the 5s, i just assumed a long press on home was the way you unlocked it

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

i never have any problem with press to unlock on my 6s, but from what i've used of my girlfriends 7 i keep activating Siri when i try

i think i just naturally long press it on the 7 expecting the button to move but it doesnt

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mad Wack posted:

you can turn off the "press to unlock" on devices with touch id. you can't do anything for stuff that existed prior. i have a mini 2. can't do poo poo to change the behavior and instead have to double click the home button to unlock it or I swipe, wait for all the widget bullshit to process, and then click my register app. although safari is much better and a lot of the os is better, i wish I hadn't upgraded because of how irritating that is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

only for 5s and newer. that option doesn't exist on my ipad mini 2.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Siri :argh:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

only for 5s and newer. that option doesn't exist on my ipad mini 2.
is that the one without touchid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

• Locked thread