Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
They don't call it Trials for nothin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo, add me on steam and chat me if you want to play BattleCON through TTS, I'm trying to play this game more and learn it a bit better.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gutter Owl posted:

Other important facts
  • I am so poor right now.
  • Why did you do this Brad. Why now.
  • I thought you loved me.
  • If we reach 250K I may have to start selling my body

Sell blood for games! It's how one of my friends payed for all his 40k.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Please don't sell $100 of your blood in the span of a day. :v:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Please don't sell $100 of your blood in the span of a day. :v:

Yeah, at that point it's time to move on to spare organs. I hear kidneys are popular.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I just really hope the tuck boxes account for sleeves cards. Has is been Co firmed the deluxe box will come with previous tuck boxes?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I asked the question via Kickstarter and got confirmation: the tuckboxes will take sleeved cards and fit tokens, etc.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Gutter Owl posted:

Some very important details from Brad in the comments:

• Trials will initiate the changeover from Dash to Dodge.
  • Trials will also implement a revised Force Gauge.
  • All the canon stretch-goal characters from the Deluxe tier (Merjoram, Andrus, Rheye, etc) will be tournament legal, and will be available at retail "in one form or another" after the Kickstarter.
  • The Deluxe box may also be available after the KS, though they're still sorting out pricing. The box will be cheaper through the KS than retail, though.

Other important facts
  • I am so poor right now.
  • Why did you do this Brad. Why now.
  • I thought you loved me.
  • If we reach 250K I may have to start selling my body

Just start a BCon tournament for cash money and clean up

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

potatocubed posted:

I asked the question via Kickstarter and got confirmation: the tuckboxes will take sleeved cards and fit tokens, etc.

:toot:

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

potatocubed posted:

Ha, i asked the same thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Wow, I haven't checked this thread in a long time.

How's BCO shaping up? Still 'amateur flash project' level, or is it starting to actually look competent?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

potatocubed posted:

Thank you loving jesus above

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Poison Mushroom posted:

Wow, I haven't checked this thread in a long time.

How's BCO shaping up? Still 'amateur flash project' level, or is it starting to actually look competent?

Closed beta wizardry, but I can say it's moving (slowly) in the right direction.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Andarel posted:

Closed beta wizardry, but I can say it's moving (slowly) in the right direction.

Did they ever get that sprite animator or w/e they were looking for?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I just wish they'd offer widescreen resolutions. It looks so low-rent and dated when it's like, 4:3 1024x768 or whatever they're doing. I mean, what is this, 1999?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been playing a ton of this on Tabletop Simulator, and a Tanis Trileaves versus the Medusa Woman is loving awful.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Turtlicious posted:

I've been playing a ton of this on Tabletop Simulator, and a Tanis Trileaves versus the Medusa Woman is loving awful.

Yeah, this is a major needs-errata interaction. Adjenna's ability needs to always trigger before Tanis's, or else the matchup is pointless. We've pestered Brad about it. Maybe he'll fix it one day.

So. L99 Thread. I know some people here are really passionate about Pixel Tactics. Does anyone want to buy a complete set? I have Deluxe, 1-5, all three minipacks, and all the KS promos. All in good to near-mint condition. It's a fine game, but it never hits the table over the other half-dozen Magic-but-better sci-fantasy card games in my collection, and it would be much more useful to me as rent.

...okay, it would be much more useful as Trials of Indines with the Collectors Box. Let's be real.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gutter Owl posted:

Yeah, this is a major needs-errata interaction. Adjenna's ability needs to always trigger before Tanis's, or else the matchup is pointless. We've pestered Brad about it. Maybe he'll fix it one day.

So. L99 Thread. I know some people here are really passionate about Pixel Tactics. Does anyone want to buy a complete set? I have Deluxe, 1-5, all three minipacks, and all the KS promos. All in good to near-mint condition. It's a fine game, but it never hits the table over the other half-dozen Magic-but-better sci-fantasy card games in my collection, and it would be much more useful to me as rent.

...okay, it would be much more useful as Trials of Indines with the Collectors Box. Let's be real.

Personally, it should just be based on priority, they're both end of beat effects, so wouldn't whoever is faster go first?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Turtlicious posted:

Personally, it should just be based on priority, they're both end of beat effects, so wouldn't whoever is faster go first?

That's how it currently works, to my understanding. This is why Tanis completely destroys Adjenna--Tanis has better priority than Adjenna, and so will be off the board before Adjenna's effect can petrify her >50% of the time.

If Tanis triggered on Recycle (like Marmelee), Adjenna would be able to put up a fight.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Sep 26, 2016

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gutter Owl posted:

That's how it currently works, to my understanding. This is why Tanis completely destroys Adjenna--Tanis has better priority than Adjenna, and so will be off the board before Adjenna's effect can petrify her >50% of the time.

If Tanis triggered on Recycle (like Marmelee), Adjenna would be able to put up a fight.

Oh, they made me play the second way, and it was terrible, mostly because we couldn't hit each other. we ended the fight at like 11:9

DifferentPerson
Feb 5, 2016
Dig the new cast for Trials. Think I'm going for the playmats even though I want some of the promo fighters I will also never use.

Like that they went back to tokens as it pleases my need for general uniformity. Also, resounding hell yes for tuck boxes that accommodate sleeves. Only one other game gives me worse sleeving nightmares.

DifferentPerson fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Sep 28, 2016

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Completely forgot about Wanderers! How close are we to a hundred characters again?

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Azran posted:

Completely forgot about Wanderers! How close are we to a hundred characters again?

War is 18, Fate and Trials are 10, so that's 38. Devastation is 30, so 68. Devastation Extended has Borneo and Juto, so 70 not counting stretch goals for Trials or anything else they have in the pipeline (like what's Wanderers? How many of these things are there that I don't know about?)

In other words, "a lot".

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Aw, I thought it was already in the 80's. Wanderers is an upcoming Battlecon game with 10 fan-made characters that won some kind of contest and got selected.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Azran posted:

Aw, I thought it was already in the 80's. Wanderers is an upcoming Battlecon game with 10 fan-made characters that won some kind of contest and got selected.

I don't think it's ever been released.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I don't think it's ever been released.

What? The list of characters? It's an open secret. They're on BGG... somewhere.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Are there any sleeves out there that will properly fit the magic cards from Argent? The little bit of the card poking out of the top frustrates me way more than it should.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Is Trials going to be the new best entry point for BattleCON?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Probably, as it has the most up to date version of the rules.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

The characters are a solid entry point as well.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Plus, Hayden, Merjoram, Wardlaw and Trias are awesome character designs. :swoon:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, Fate was originally intended to be an entry point but stumbled on the character selection, it looks like this'll fill that gap.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Thanks Ithry.

Just got my 2 Exceed promos, DJ girl and wizard guy and now they announce a third, skull man.

gently caress. Bye money.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Whelp, just saw the pre-season league rewards.

Guess I'm gonna start up a league! I need that playmat.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So Trials isn't going to make $250k is it :( I think War remastered only brought in about $250k as well, and that had a much higher point of entry. drat, was looking forward to that box.

Even $140k may be a bit of a close call.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Level 99 could probably run a KS for those boxes alone and make bank.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

potatocubed posted:

Level 99 could probably run a KS for those boxes alone and make bank.
I feel like that'd be a better idea. Like, just launch it right after this one. Maybe have a tier or addon system to get promo characters you're missing, too.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

War had a crapton of promos and a lot more people buying the whole package to catch up, this one's more conservative. Hoping for $140k though, I really want a print version of Rheye :|

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The last update said they were going to try to move the box up the stretch goal list, so we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DifferentPerson
Feb 5, 2016

Lemon-Lime posted:

The last update said they were going to try to move the box up the stretch goal list, so we'll see.

In the comments on the Kickstarter Brad said he might run something else just for the box. At any rate I think we'll see it and I'm totally in for it.