Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Decrepus posted:

Has anyone noticed that Lazrin has a Derek Smart avatar? This means he is Derek smart. Makes you think...

Maybe it's Derek who has a Lazrin avatar? Didn't think of that did you goonie

e: terrible snipe

Maw fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Sep 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Well, looks like development of Star Citizen never really started in the first place. Boy, Chris got us real good, didn't he?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lazrin posted:

what exactly was said that we didn't know? what exactly does the article change?

Which is it? Is CIG "forthcoming with that stuff finally" or is the article redundant because we already knew? Could you at least be consistent about what you're going to be wrong about?

Lazrin posted:

you goons and your leader pile on this like fools because you think it validates you, when it just shows precisely why things are hard, why they take a long time and why they are no different than any game.

you change the headline of that article to a less sensational "star citizen development challenges take their toll as cig impresses" and it's a glowing pr piece showing resiliency in the face of adversity.

so no... you gently caress off.

Nice meltdown.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Star Citizen: no different than any other unfinished game.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The Chris Reberts was reed a letter he gots from the mail. His son wa sick but he read the lettar ovar the candle for the lights. It was dark night and he was in the house but the lettre ws afrom Sand Garden!.

Seh was from awayu and we was worry of her? "Kered is fear that we be trouble! I send the powarup fro yuo to combat the evil!"

So he takesd the power and the light turned to white all round him till it was so bright his eyes couldnt see the vision.
Crish gasp "It is teh powerful!"

Ten Derakula came and eated animals all over the forest. Word spred to the village where tRobers family was wrnead of it.

"It deradful! I am worry of my husband who lumbers in the forst all day"
"Donot worry i am safe the village from him" and Roebrts said goodbye to neibhour Wingman and ran off to fight the vampire.

First he foght the Koatku and porygon but a whole bunch of skeletons too until he found teh Derekula.

"Haha" Derekula laughered "you have fighting for very long house it is almost midnight and then i will be MOr powerful!"
"I can fight for few hourse more and " he whip the crystal out of Derekulas handd.
"That is lony crystal that is not source of power i am still powar"

So Rorbets whip again and derekula neck blooded. "Dont understand"
"tath crystal was a fakes i sent it to you to replce the reel one it is full of holy water which you are standing on so yuo lose all your power"
"No that is not make sense"
"Whip again" he commanded as he whipped at the head off. Derekula's head rolled down teh forest hill into the swamp by Tranvlsania Desert and his body turn to dust.

I W"ill never fight yuo again but my son will fight when he is older that is curst ofe the robertss"

but he came home and son was dead of the skick.
"NO IT IMPOSSIBLE"
Kris was sadly. But he knew that he could train of other Bertort. He wuld have nother child.

Amazing

Dead of the skick

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Have we seen the MMO networking exercised in any way? Or has it all been small arena networking

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Marching Powder posted:

it's much easier to buy that you're really proud of posting dog poo poo unworthy of a cursory glance when you don't turn into a big crying baby every time someone laughs at you for it.

He says as he cries hot salty tears over his keyboard. "Th-this'll show em!"

Stop posting forever.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Why pick on Star Citizen specifically? Let's just air the dirty laundry of every drat game company. I'm sure none of them have ever had similar issues.

I'm 5000 bucks in at this point and I've followed the project from it's inception. I could probably do an AMA with all the things I know about this game. I'm not a dev at CIG but I've seen every second of content they've put out and I have a couple of sources close to the devs. The amount of misinformation is appalling and it still surprises me that anonymous sources are treated as gospel. How is it fair that Chris has to answer these anonymous accusations as if they're the absolute truth.

And do these journalists really believe that they can make us hate Chris by painting him as some kind of an incompetent monster? Excuse me, but everything Chris said in that interview just made me like him more. I paid for Chris Roberts' vision, not some lovely interns. If you can't handle working at a trailblazer company for a legendary visionary then there are other places you can go to, like those Lego guys. Get out if you can't handle the heat.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

quote:

you think it validates you, when it just shows precisely why things are hard, why they take a long time and why they are no different than any game.
Every game ever made has had a megalomaniacal idiot overlord who comes into work each week with new demands for features he saw in other games!

That's just game development.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

kikkelivelho posted:

Why pick on Star Citizen specifically? Let's just air the dirty laundry of every drat game company. I'm sure none of them have ever had similar issues.

I'm 5000 bucks in at this point and I've followed the project from it's inception. I could probably do an AMA with all the things I know about this game. I'm not a dev at CIG but I've seen every second of content they've put out and I have a couple of sources close to the devs. The amount of misinformation is appalling and it still surprises me that anonymous sources are treated as gospel. How is it fair that Chris has to answer these anonymous accusations as if they're the absolute truth.

And do these journalists really believe that they can make us hate Chris by painting him as some kind of an incompetent monster? Excuse me, but everything Chris said in that interview just made me like him more. I paid for Chris Roberts' vision, not some lovely interns. If you can't handle working at a trailblazer company for a legendary visionary then there are other places you can go to, like those Lego guys. Get out if you can't handle the heat.

Please source your quotes.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kikkelivelho posted:

Never stop.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Please source your quotes.

Your mom at CitizenCon

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

kikkelivelho posted:

Dead of the skick

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

kikkelivelho posted:

My chosen game company is Just and Virtuous good Sir and/or Madam.

How darest thou impeach thine honor with the slightest slur on their good character. What baldurdash! The citizens of the gallery shall not stand for this.

*adjusts monocle, smokes pipe*

(pipe is burning money not tobacco)

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

kikkelivelho posted:

I hope you are tracking these authors, and release an illustrated hard cover coffee table book edition when it's all over bar the shooting. I'd kickstart you.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

you goons and your leader pile on this like fools because you think it validates you, when it just shows precisely why things are hard, why they take a long time and why they are no different than any game.

Wait, Lowtax is piling in on this shitshow, too?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Unfortunately the vision is also poo poo. The United States of Space America flies F35-alike space fighters against Honourable War Aliens... but can they balance the needs of both safety and liberty? Regulation and enterprise? Grey paint and slightly darker grey paint?

Or was Malcolm Reynolds right all along???

What a boring setting.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I'm in $10 on my local hobo's vision of getting a bottle of whiskey here.
I'm thinking of going all in and giving another $10 to attain his dream.
What do you think I should do here?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

happyhippy posted:

Ask if he will share once he gets the bottle.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

happyhippy posted:

Why not give me $100.00 to get started on my whiskey distillery? Should be running in a few months I swear. I think I'm gonna go for slight notes of cardboard...

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
It still blows my mind that Chris Roberts thinks putting people on blast out in the open for daring to tell him he's wrong/mistaken is an appropriate response because he gets annoyed when his delusions can't become reality in a timely fashion.

It's delusions from the tip of the iceberg to the bottom of the pit where Lethality dumps all the games he's given the kiss of death.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Thanks for the feedback.

I decided to buy the hobo this pic.
So one day in the future all hobos can bask in his vision.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Strategic Tea posted:

Why not give me $100.00 to get started on my whiskey distillery? Should be running in a few months I swear. I think I'm gonna go for slight notes of cardboard...

Theme it Vanduul whiskey set up a patreon page and post a call to arms on the RSI boards "operation we get all drunk". You might end up to afford a mobile distillery in a porsche funded by citizens and can serve your whiskey glass at 50 bucks each at citizencon.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Rightwear, the Derek Smart brand of clothing.

We should get some prototype t-shirts made.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I don't want to ruin the fun, but I'm actually a software developer and manager. Unfortunately we also count development during the prototyping phase.

We actually start the development timeline when we begin talking about a new product, and through design documentation before the first line of code is even written.

We're probably doing it wrong though. :shrug:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

I love it when all the shitizens come back to post whenever a new anti-SC article is released :allears:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Acquilae posted:

I love it when all the shitizens come back to post whenever a new anti-SC article is released :allears:

It certainly helps with Melkor's "Tag and Release" program.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
someone link that article about the software team that writes the code for the space shuttle or something that has had 4 bugs in 35 years or something

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

starkebn posted:

someone link that article about the software team that writes the code for the space shuttle or something that has had 4 bugs in 35 years or something

Someone tell Chris each ship should have its own OS.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

a cyberpunk goose posted:

Have we seen the MMO networking exercised in any way? Or has it all been small arena networking

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

starkebn posted:

I want to read this as well

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Acquilae posted:

this isn't an anti star citizen article at all. like i said, the headline was written as clickbait by the editor, not the author.

beyond the headline, its all good information. seems to have rallied and renewed faith in the project.

let's check:

yep.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

janssendalt posted:

I dreamt about it yesterday:
The PU will be out by July 2016
And it will be the best

Derek will cry
Beer will cry
AP will cry

You all will cry

The only ones happy will be Eonwe, because Bernie will win, and Kimsemus, because he will be allowed to join Goonrathi, like the prodigal son returning to its home
0/8

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

kikkelivelho for OP

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

ok but for real you can't just tack some MMO networking on at the end of the project, is that poo poo being worked on? how is the MMO going to "work"?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Acquilae posted:

I could tell it was a Kotaku article the moment I started reading. Blatant lies masquerading as truths.

Here's the lies from just the first few paragraphs:

Funding didn't start with the kickstarter. Kickstarter only happened when CIG's own servers couldn't handle the massive amounts of people trying to check it out.

Development sure as hell didn't start in 2011. The kickstarter was at the end of 2012. Once it was done Chris started to build a development team. How can you claim development started before there was a team?

The 2014 release date was based on 2 million dollar budget. Bigger budget means longer dev time. This should be obvious.

"Feature creep" (lol at people even calling it this) ended at 60 million. Since then no new features have been added. How can you say scope is constantly growing when features were locked in ages ago?

SQ42 will release within 6 months, which gives it a dev time of about 4 years. Hardly an outrageous timeline for an AAA game. Actually quite impressive if we consider nothing like this has ever been done before.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

this isn't an anti star citizen article at all. like i said, the headline was written as clickbait by the editor, not the author.

beyond the headline, its all good information. seems to have rallied and renewed faith in the project.

let's check:

yep.

"rallied and renewed faith"

This is just sad at this point, I can't even make fun of people so broken anymore.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Lazrin posted:

beyond the headline, its all good information
Agreed.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ha! loving goonies don't know anything about renewed faith. Watch as the funding graph, on a steady decline for almost a week, SURGES UPWARDS from backers hate-pledging more dollars towards a broken man's fractured vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

The Titanic posted:

I don't want to ruin the fun, but I'm actually a software developer and manager. Unfortunately we also count development during the prototyping phase.

We actually start the development timeline when we begin talking about a new product, and through design documentation before the first line of code is even written.

We're probably doing it wrong though. :shrug:

you are

it's known as throwaway prototyping, which is exactly what chris did with the seed funding. for demo and proof of concept purposes only.

development didn't start until late 2012, if you can even say that.

• Locked thread