Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
u r entitled to your opinion from where im sitting im more into seeing that endless ice than the deck of a ship and some implied motion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Twenties Superstar posted:

i dont really care much for the blur tbh
I did a digitial long exposure (half second) photo years before in just the rough open sea that came out really well, wanted to try the same thing going though ice and got the chance to do it again. I agree it's not exactly knock out stuff but it was worth trying. A thousand apologies that it didn't blow your loving mind.

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 21, 2016

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
no need to get lovely about it dude its a fine idea it just didnt work for me

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Sludge Tank posted:

I did a digitial long exposure (half second) photo years before in just the rough open sea that came out really well, wanted to try the same thing going though ice and got the chance to do it again. I agree it's not exactly knock out stuff but it was worth trying. A thousand apologies that it didn't blow your loving mind.

Dude if you don't want critique the low effort thread is that way

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I'm not lovely. Just drunk and obnoxious. :lumpen:

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
the digital one works way better. the sense of motion from the ship being askew and not being squared off as in the above pic plus the colours really kick butt

e: thinking about it a little more the colours and tone of the digital pic really make the subject matter cohesive, the blur works because you can easily feel whats going on. in the bw pic where all u normally have to work on is contrast and texture it comes out looking pretty flat. could have been better as a colour shot or maybe it needs some more clarity on the cracks of the ice (dark cracks in white ice) to really stand up

Twenties Superstar fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 21, 2016

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Best chair picture yet.

And I'm going to be just as goony as ever and say, I like the ice pic because it reminds me of a mode 7 SNES game :v:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I miss the *PING* of that camera, but I was never able to rock the aspect ratio as well as this.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Zenza Bronica EC-TL 75mm nikkor with some ektar 100 I developed in my sink.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

iSheep fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 23, 2016

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
It makes more sense to get the Mamiya 6 75mm than an entire new camera right? It's the one lens i don't have, it's the focal length I like the best. But then again a fuji 6x9 for less money.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

If it's less $$, why not? It's a larger format. You're broadening your options.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

aricoarena posted:

It makes more sense to get the Mamiya 6 75mm than an entire new camera right? It's the one lens i don't have, it's the focal length I like the best. But then again a fuji 6x9 for less money.

It's a wider format and you get bigger negative if those things appeal to you. I doubt it's as nice a camera as the Mamiya though, I was pretty surprised by how plasticy and not particularly sturdy my GW690II was when I got it.

crap nerd fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Sep 24, 2016

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Yes.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

yeah nice

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Honestly something like that I'd bet some rich orkan executive rear end in a top hat would pay good money for to have in his office.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

The are awesome.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

HookShot posted:

The are awesome.

Thanks!

nop
Mar 31, 2010
Really like this one.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

This is great, but looking pretty green/blue

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
edit: bad

Thoogsby fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 28, 2016

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival. Tri-X 400, pushed to 1600.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich