Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Wallpaper and furniture available is purely up to luck at Robin's and the Cart right?

Wallpaper is at Pierre's..

Edit: I'd like suggestions on how to turn my farm more park-like. If only I can put tables and benches outside as sort of a picnic area...

Artificer fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Sep 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I haven't really made an attempt at figuring out if there's a pattern but yeah, it seems utterly random. It's frustrating because I've been wanting a wizard couch for a while and it never comes up.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
In hindsight, rushing to get the greenhouse as soon as possible and stuffing it with strawberry plants was a mistake.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

In hindsight, rushing to get the greenhouse as soon as possible and stuffing it with strawberry plants was a mistake.

I made the greenhouse full of circles of various bush plants. Looks pretty. :)

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Artificer posted:

I made the greenhouse full of circles of various bush plants. Looks pretty. :)

I filled mine up with fruit tress. Its been hard to tell if poo poo is done since I haven't switched over to one crop yet.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

GunnerJ posted:

Mine's basically just for ancient fruit and starfruit at this point.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Mine's basically just for ancient fruit and starfruit at this point.

Mine has rows of hops, strawberries, blueberries and cranberries. Because I have over 4 million, and I don't even want to work at making lots of money, I just want to be the Jelly King.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
Does this game have multiplayer yet?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Kind of.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Is the big patch out yet?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

Is the big patch out yet?
I find this thread once per day and see there's no new replies and know it's not out yet.

I assume everyone else is doing the same thing.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
About half the time the thread has 2-4 new replies and it's always someone asking "is the new patch out yet?" and others saying "no" :v:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Eric the Mauve posted:

About half the time the thread has 2-4 new replies and it's always someone asking "is the new patch out yet?" and others saying "no" :v:

I did that with diablo 2 for like.... 6 years.

I wonder if 1.10 ever did come out.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Zephyrine posted:

I did that with diablo 2 for like.... 6 years.

I wonder if 1.10 ever did come out.

It's up to 1.14d. Last patch was a few months ago.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Eric the Mauve posted:

I wish it would just hurry up and come out. I kind of want to start a new game of Stardew, but I don't want to bother if a new patch that will double the content is coming out soon. I can't enjoy the game as is because I know I'll want a fresh new game once the patch comes :(

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
Has anyone tried editing their save file to give them multiple stardew pendants? Can you Marry Leah, and then give another pendant to Penny, Sebastian, Harvey and the rest? Does the game keep a value as to only 1 spouse, or could you live in a giant polyamorous relationship with half the town living on your farm?

Also, does the Jojacorp miner have any dialogue?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

I wish it would just hurry up and come out. I kind of want to start a new game of Stardew, but I don't want to bother if a new patch that will double the content is coming out soon. I can't enjoy the game as is because I know I'll want a fresh new game once the patch comes :(

I'm pretty tempted to make a new file when the patch comes out just to try out some of the new farm setups.

Guigui posted:

Has anyone tried editing their save file to give them multiple stardew pendants? Can you Marry Leah, and then give another pendant to Penny, Sebastian, Harvey and the rest? Does the game keep a value as to only 1 spouse, or could you live in a giant polyamorous relationship with half the town living on your farm?

Also, does the Jojacorp miner have any dialogue?

If you get everyone to ten hearts before giving anyone the pendant, it might work. Maybe.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/779697400659095552

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
good ive been waiting to start a new game until 1.1

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm only on Year 2 Summer of my first game, and I'm really tempted to make a new game once the patch hits even though I'm not even close to finished with this one.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

A third of the time. The other thirds are wife chat and certified Excel technicians min/maxxing the farming game.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Rutibex posted:

Will the patch make old saves incompatible? I'd been banking a bit on being able to pick up with an old game when it comes out.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

GunnerJ posted:

Will the patch make old saves incompatible? I'd been banking a bit on being able to pick up with an old game when it comes out.

Old saves are supposed to be compatible, everything should be available except for the new farm layouts, which you'll have to start a new game to access.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Sono posted:

A third of the time. The other thirds are wife chat and certified Excel technicians min/maxxing the farming game.

A fourth of the time. The other fourth is the chill farm bros whining at anyone not playing the game their way.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

GunnerJ posted:

The new patch will work with old saves, but I want an excuse to restart anyway. My first play through was very sub optimum, I think I can do much better a second time now that I know what I need for the community center. I want to restart, but I don't want to bother until 1.1 comes out (so I can try a new farm layout).

I am trapped in a limbo, I want to play Stardew Valley, but it feels like it would be wasted effort until 1.1 :(

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Awesome! I can have it on my travel playlist without having to fiddle with getting it on my phone!

He said October for the new patch during that interview. In video game terms that's at the very least a minimum.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Rutibex posted:

The new patch will work with old saves, but I want an excuse to restart anyway. My first play through was very sub optimum, I think I can do much better a second time now that I know what I need for the community center. I want to restart, but I don't want to bother until 1.1 comes out (so I can try a new farm layout).

I am trapped in a limbo, I want to play Stardew Valley, but it feels like it would be wasted effort until 1.1 :(

Just chill out and fish, man.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Just chill out and fish, man.

STOP WHINING YOU FUCKMAN

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

rotinaj posted:

STOP WHINING YOU FUCKMAN

YOU CAN GO SUCK A gently caress, DONNIE

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

YOU CAN GO SUCK A gently caress, DONNIE

Tell me Gumbel2Gumbel, how does one suck a gently caress?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Magmarashi posted:

Haha. I do have to say, I came back to this game and it is super chill and relaxing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Magmarashi posted:

*whispers* ...because I'm all ears.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Rutibex posted:

My first play through was very sub optimum, I think I can do much better a second time now that I know what I need for the community center.

I spent my whole first year buying+planting fruit trees :negative:
They where the most expensive thing in Pierre's shop. Obviously the more you buy and plant, and turn into wine, the more money they'll make for you :downs:
Come the second year, and I've now grown 2,000+ cranberries which make more valuable wine. And I just fixed the bus and greenhouse, so now have 100 starfruits growing year round.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Waiting on 1.1 before I start a new farm. I've grown tired of being a millionaire.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I wanna do a Joja run for the achievement, but I can't summon the motivation.

Also, The Long Dark had a content update so ahahaha.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

WarpedNaba posted:

I wanna do a Joja run for the achievement, but I can't summon the motivation.

Also, The Long Dark had a content update so ahahaha.

I'm tempted to do a run where the entire farm is one big orchard, but :same: I can't fully motivate myself

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I have been carpet bombing open space in my farm with tree seeds and I am having no luck having a mushroom tree sapling pop up... :(

They apparently have a unique look according to the wiki. So far all I have are just normal looking saplings.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 28, 2016

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
You know what would rock

New Game Plus. You keep all your skills (Maybe your money) and that's it.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Artificer posted:

I have been carpet bombing open space in my farm with tree seeds and I am having no luck having a mushroom tree sapling pop up... :(

They apparently have a unique look according to the wiki. So far all I have are just normal looking saplings.

Here's a pic of mushrooms in various stages of growth including seeds, if it'll help:

I don't know if you can spam tree seeds to get mushrooms, though. The giant mushrooms have their own seeds, though you'll just get a "weed" item if you dig them up. My mushroom farm started from a single mushroom that randomly cropped up in an area of untamed forest on the west edge of my farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

WarpedNaba posted:

You know what would rock

New Game Plus. You keep all your skills (Maybe your money) and that's it.

Money would be bad, I feel like I need to relive the early grind of getting money to make New Game Plus worth it. Skills I would take, though.