Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

canepazzo posted:

He deleted it cause he misspelled the name.

Here's the new one:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/779729180334387200

Thank you! This is how you do tweets.

I turn on embedded if wifi so pfffft.

Anyway, Cubans not even master trolling here. He's going game chat room level trolling at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Thank you! This is how you do tweets.

I turn on embedded if wifi so pfffft.

You couldn't see the old one because it was deleted, not because someone did something wrong

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Crabtree posted:

I hope Mark Cuban screams some insults at Trump that just trigger him into a frothing mass. Or at least someone, maybe Hillary, sneezes at him and he screams like a little boy in fear.

I hope he does that thing when Trump lies where you cough and say "*bullshit*" at the same time

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Crabtree posted:

I hope Mark Cuban screams some insults at Trump that just trigger him into a frothing mass. Or at least someone, maybe Hillary, sneezes at him and he screams like a little boy in fear.

I hope backstage, off camera, Hillary coughs and sneezes all over her hand in clear view of Trump and then when they walk out onstage she smiles and extends her hand for him to shake.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Swagger Dagger posted:

You couldn't see the old one because it was deleted, not because someone did something wrong

loving hell I know that. I said copy your tweets because a lot of juicy ones get deleted. Not just for misspellings too.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Xae posted:

He doesn't need to do anything.

He already did it.

Trump is pissed and thinking about him.

What matters the most is getting footage of the real him being a little baby. If we can make him tantrum outside of his jet or his tower, that will be the most damaging because there is no way to spin that. Not even the greatest GOP talking head can handle orange 70 year old breaks down over comment.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Finally, a Cuban who can stop Trump.

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot

GalacticAcid posted:

Finally, a Cuban who can stop Trump.

I think Cubans actually vote republican far more often than other Hispanics.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Here is Hillary's previous foray into topical comedy in 1995. Even 21 years ago, the jokes were still "Hillary loves policy details, she is terrible at politics, and maybe a bitch."

It is the most 90's thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

It's kind of amazing and awkward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68qJN9MwDfY

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Platinum was wrong that Hillary would use a giant microwave satellite array to fry SanFran.
In reality she would use it to fry NC

But I guess then there wouldn't be a video game if that happened. "She fried NC? Wow. Harsh. Ah well, that's politics"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

For context: Recently a competitive Smash Bros player posted an account on twitter detailing how, while participating in a tournament, she had been sexually assaulted by a well known player. If that wasn't bad enough, when she told another well known player about it who she trusted, he raped her. I don't even play the game or follow it, and I think this is like the third such incident I've heard of. The Smash Bros scene has a bad reputation even among other competitive fighting game players, who themselves have a pretty bad reputation. A few overgrown man-children really into a 15 year old video game reacted to this very difficult situation about how you'd expect.

Here's her account of it (Copy/pasted for people who requested tweets be copy/pasted, spoilered for people who don't want to read a rape account):

Jesus, that's not even one of the two other stories I assumed you were referring to.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Doredrin posted:

I think Cubans actually vote republican far more often than other Hispanics.

I know. It was a joke about Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The Nintendo fandom as a whole is absurdly loving creepy, because people who get super super attached to Mario tend to either have serious mental disorders or ultra-sheltered upbringings that cause serious mental disorders. The Smash community is just following in turn, really.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Anyway, Cubans not even master trolling here. He's going game chat room level trolling at best.

That's all it really takes for Trump. He's the kind of guy you tell 'Uninstall game please' after a match and he screams at you in PMs for 15 minutes.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Here is Hillary's previous foray into topical comedy in 1995. Even 21 years ago, the jokes were still "Hillary loves policy details, she is terrible at politics, and maybe a bitch."

It is the most 90's thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

It's kind of amazing and awkward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68qJN9MwDfY

The best political skit is still
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhJ7NmU6lJI

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The Nintendo fandom as a whole is absurdly loving creepy, because people who get super super attached to Mario tend to either have serious mental disorders or ultra-sheltered upbringings that cause serious mental disorders. The Smash community is just following in turn, really.
Not even top 10.

1. Fighting game people
2. DOTA players
3. People who are really into space sims
4. The people who play those weird prison break Garry's Mod servers
5. EVE players.
6. MMO players as a whole.
7. High-level FPS idiots
8. Low-level FPS idiots
9. Extremely anti-anime teenagers who freak out about the tits in Fire Emblem
10. The Xbox thread in CCCC.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Hey guys, did you know that Hillary Clinton is going to make all guns completely illegal?

Me either but apparently the NRA has the inside scoop! :rolleye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPM8e_DauUw

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Oh I think you will find this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCl_--E3T2c

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FIRST TIME posted:

Hey guys, did you know that Hillary Clinton is going to make all guns completely illegal?

Me either but apparently the NRA has the inside scoop! :rolleye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPM8e_DauUw

Well considering Trump literally wants police to stop people on the street and take away their guns you'd think the NRA would also comment on thahahahaha

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I own several guns. I think the assault weapon ban was pretty stupid because the things that they ban were completely arbitrary and they couldn't provide a good explanation for why they did it. I think a ban on the production of cheap concealable handguns would do a lot more to curtail crime. And of course additional regulations on who can actually purchase a handgun or any gun really would be good for literally everyone.

That all said I can't imagine being dumb enough to be a single issue voter in that regard. I like shooting guns but I don't like it more than, say, having a functional government.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Eifert Posting posted:

I own several guns. I think the assault weapon ban was pretty stupid because the things that they ban were completely arbitrary and they couldn't provide a good explanation for why they did it. I think a ban on the production of cheap concealable handguns would do a lot more to curtail crime. And of course additional regulations on who can actually purchase a handgun or any gun really would be good for literally everyone.

That all said I can't imagine being dumb enough to be a single issue voter in that regard. I like shooting guns but I don't like it more than, say, having a functional government.

Everyone I know who's super into gun ownership also thinks it's very likely that either society is going to collapse into a Mad Max style post-apocalypic hellscape or there's going to be a civil war very soon, so they have good reason to spend tens of thousands of dollars on guns and ammo.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I fully intend to learn how to use a gun and purchase one in the near future.

I also intend to not tell anyone about it because holy poo poo, I don't want to hang around gun people.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Pakled posted:

Everyone I know who's super into gun ownership also thinks it's very likely that either society is going to collapse into a Mad Max style post-apocalypic hellscape or there's going to be a civil war very soon, so they have good reason to spend tens of thousands of dollars on guns and ammo.

If they elect Trump this might be one of those "self-fulfilling prophecy" type situations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Stultus Maximus posted:

Don Jr., however, looks pretty much like Patrick Bateman.

Hunting and killing a leopard is no far cry from stuffing a kitten into an ATM feeder

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Pakled posted:

This. The single issue, carry at every waking moment, crowd is attached to the fantasy of using their guns to fight some great battle like action movie stars. Guns are a security blanket to some.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

Well you're more likely to be into guns if you grew up in a rural area and you're more likely to be a whack-job politically if you grew up in a rural area.

If someone came to me and asked me to solve the gun issue in America I probably put a three hundred or maybe $400 voucher out there for destroying firearms with the aim of removing disposable and easily accessed guns. I'd require registration of any gun below a certain barrel length and require proof of a Secure Storage environment. The vast majority of gun crime comes from handguns but, for whatever reason, lawmakers seem to focus on long arms.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

I think a ban on the production of cheap concealable handguns would do a lot more to curtail crime.

How would that work? Either the larger gun companies get to shut down their smaller competition or we pass a law to make the minimum cost of any handgun 1000$?

I'd be fine with a serious background investigations and mandatory training/licensing. All I want in return is all material restrictions removed.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
^^^
Mandatory tax on handguns below x amount, raising the cost to a floor of, say, 800. No one's going to buy a lovely Highpoint 9mm or whatever for that. Means less new sales and more reliance on the used market.

Open carry is the dumbest thing anybody can do.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 24, 2016

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

You're describing the Sonic fandom more than anything Nintendo. The Smash community is indeed awful but it's more in line with the worst aspects of fighting game fandom combined with bronies.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Pakled posted:

And most of the rest are just super paranoid that someone is gonna break into their house and try and rape their wife. Of course when a break in does happen it's when they're not home and the gun(s) is one of the things stolen because it's not properly secured. I've had people break into my apartment and jack a bunch of poo poo while I was sleeping in my bedroom and somehow I'm not a paranoid wreck but the mere thought of a really unlikely event is enough to send some people off the deep end.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Geostomp posted:

This. The single issue, carry at every waking moment, crowd is attached to the fantasy of using their guns to fight some great battle like action movie stars. Guns are a security blanket to some.

A cavalry horn blows. The Saracen Refugee hordes quake as a cloud of dust slips off to reveal the charging 1st Mounted Division, a thousand fully armed fatasses on mobility scooters.

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot

Rotten Red Rod posted:

You're describing the Sonic fandom more than anything Nintendo. The Smash community is indeed awful but it's more in line with the worst aspects of fighting game fandom combined with bronies.

The common denominator there is consoles.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I don't know if this friend of mine is just trolling me but he complained about how the reason why Trump has his supporters is because Liberals keep trying to take away all of their guns and then he keeps moving the goalposts on me.

I told him to gently caress off as just like with D&D political discussions with friends only work if both sides are honest and he clearly wasn't and I was playing video games.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Eifert Posting posted:

Yes, but how else could they show how manly and ready for the Wild West they are to the savage hordes? Again, guns as security blankets.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

Stop bashing police.

I personally can take it or leave it, but I always thought it was there so police can't harass legitimate hunters.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't know, it provides me a good guide as to whom I should never speak or come near because they are clearly a belligerent halfwit.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Eifert Posting posted:

The vast majority of gun crime comes from handguns but, for whatever reason, lawmakers seem to focus on long arms.

Same reason people are more concerned about shark attacks than dog attacks, and about plane crashes instead of car crashes.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

Well you're more likely to be into guns if you grew up in a rural area and you're more likely to be a whack-job politically if you grew up in a rural area.

If someone came to me and asked me to solve the gun issue in America I probably put a three hundred or maybe $400 voucher out there for destroying firearms with the aim of removing disposable and easily accessed guns. I'd require registration of any gun below a certain barrel length and require proof of a Secure Storage environment. The vast majority of gun crime comes from handguns but, for whatever reason, lawmakers seem to focus on long arms.

I don't know. I think there is a simpler solution. Can't we just have these gun people just focus more on football and other stupid rural/Southern stuff to jerk off themselves to? It's already their religion, just replace guns with like football camps for everyone 365 days a year or something.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Football is not stupid, but is in fact good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot

GalacticAcid posted:

Football is not stupid, but is in fact good.

Football on any level other than professional is definitely stupid.

• Locked thread