Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

voltcatfish posted:

got any tips for somebody starting smt4 for the first time?

Don't put any points into Str. It's a trap stat.

You can be too neutral to actually get onto the Neutral route, so don't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

I'm watching it but because I'm a Japanese speaker, the missed cues written in bright red and players being confused about basic stuff is a bit maddening for me.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Futaba still the best character confirmed.

So uh. Takemi asks you if you want to have sex in the bedroom. Except Kawakami is in the bedroom making my key picks, and I'm already in a relationship with her.............

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

I haven't seen any of the designs for the ultimate Personas, but I think it's kinda weird how all of the initial ones are Western mythological figures that have never been used in Persona before... and then the evolved versions are all ones that have been in the series for years. As neat as it is to see stuff like Zorro and the Three Musketeers referenced in Persona, 4's were more thematically consistent.

I read somewhere that all the ultimate personas are beings who in mythology defied or turned against the god's and maybe broke out of imprisonment or something? (I only know of a couple of the ultimate Personas) Which seems sorta fitting with P5's themes and even the whole thing of most of the un-evolved persona's being criminals, anti-heroic, or villainous figures.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Sep 24, 2016

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Juggling SMTIVA in ENG and P5 in JPN at the same time is a strange experience.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neeksy posted:

I'm watching it but because I'm a Japanese speaker, the missed cues written in bright red and players being confused about basic stuff is a bit maddening for me.

Lol, I tried dude

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
I made a thing in Forza Horizon 3:

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
It's Good

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
SMT4A. Couple my demons got killed by a strong Force attack and now they're "lost". I completely forgot about this mechanic. What can I do to find them back faster?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

HGH posted:

SMT4A. Couple my demons got killed by a strong Force attack and now they're "lost". I completely forgot about this mechanic. What can I do to find them back faster?

Get into more battles. They usually return in a couple fights and sometimes give you items when you get them back.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
What was it that made str a trap stat in smt4? Did Dex give better return on point investment or something?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Luna Was Here posted:

What was it that made str a trap stat in smt4? Did Dex give better return on point investment or something?

strength only affect your attacks with your weapon. dex affect physical skills.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

The formula for damage skills was something like:

Skill damage + Dex + (Str/2)

So yeah putting points in STR the whole game was nerfing yourself. The only time STR was stronger was for normal attacks which you stop using really quickly. Also with the demon whisper system the + on each skill applied to each hit so you ended up getting some weird cases where a +8 cheap early multihit move could solo the game if you put points in dex

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Persona 5 players: Have y'all encountered the thing where a party member gets taken hostage by enemies and you have to negotiate for them?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't come across that at all, no.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Infinity Gaia posted:

They've always been dropping the ball with some of them. I'll never get over Yosuke's, Jiraya was so much cooler than Susanoo.

I really like Kanji's ultimate Persona

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
persona 3 had the best ultimate personas.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Baal posted:

I haven't come across that at all, no.

That's a relief.

I hope negotiations/hold ups are as chill as SMT4A's.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think Persona 2 has my favorite Persona designs.

Weird but in the best way.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Wow, who would have thought that being restored to life would fix my cell phone's cracked screen.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 24, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

Wow, who would have thought that being restored to life would fix my cell phone's cracked screen.

It's actually a solution for all broken cell phone screens, people just never think to try it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

DalaranJ posted:

Never let it be said Dagda doesn't go out of his way to do you solids.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

TurnipFritter posted:

Persona 5 players: Have y'all encountered the thing where a party member gets taken hostage by enemies and you have to negotiate for them?

Once. You can use the network to do that for you instead.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Minor p5 spoiler from something I saw that is just really cool looking. Like in p3 and p4 the velvet room assistants are fightable and they are stylish. http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1474685799391.webm

Edit just copy the link.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 24, 2016

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

A whole lotta DLC is available for Persona 5. Costumes and BGM fom Persona 1, 2, 3, 4 and Shin Megami Tensei if...; Orpheus, Thanatos, Izanagi, M. Izanagi, and Kaguya (all come with an alternate Persona 5-themed Thief God version), and a bunch of character themes for your system. (There are still at least two more sets of DLC costumes - ones from Raidou Kuzunoha, Shin Megami Tensei 4, and Catherine coming up).

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 25, 2016

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

TurnipFritter posted:

A whole lotta DLC is available for Persona 5. Costumes and BGM fom Persona 1, 2, 3, 4 and Shin Megami Tensei if...; Orpheus, Thanatos, Izanagi, M. Izanagi, and Kaguya (all come with an alternate Persona 5-themed Thief God version), and a bunch of character themes for your system. (There are still at least two more sets of DLC costumes - [spoiler]ones from Raidou Kuzunoha and ones from Catherine[spoiler] coming up).

I've heard the pricing on it is infuriating.

Atlus makes great games, but they are a pretty loving greedy company.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

I've heard the pricing on it is infuriating.

Atlus makes great games, but they are a pretty loving greedy company.

Why would people be mad that they have to shell out at least 4000 yen just to get access to content that's already on the disc (and that's just for the costumes. 800 yen per set!)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yo remember when all of the DLC content was already on the disc for Ultimax? Good times.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Really though I would absolutly pay $15 for that theme if it had to come to that

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

whoa they acknowledged the existence of p1 and p2/2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

whoa they acknowledged the existence of p1 and p2/2

dude there's been tons of p1/p2 references over the years. like not a persona entry goes by without at least a minor callback.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Saagonsa posted:

Really though I would absolutly pay $15 for that theme if it had to come to that

You're in luck, the themes are only 200 yen (~$2.00).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Dammit, I wanted to see Vishnu or Apollo in HD.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Baal posted:

Lol, I tried dude

Sorry!

Thank you for uploading the footage! I just end up being really neurotically picky about watching other people play games, so it's usually best if it doesn't have commentary or doesn't skip stuff too quickly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really love that when you (P5 minor spoiiler) visit America all the loading screen portraits are fatter or otherwise Americanized

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neeksy posted:

Sorry!

Thank you for uploading the footage! I just end up being really neurotically picky about watching other people play games, so it's usually best if it doesn't have commentary or doesn't skip stuff too quickly.

It's cool dude, I know the feeling when I see someone play Catherine and just gently caress up on basic poo poo I see

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
At the beginning of Okumura there is a 30 minute enrage timer that begins counting down and I'm sitting here thinking the boss could never be that long.

Well I died to the timer the second time (after dying to other things), and then finally beat the boss with 1 minute left.

Hard mode :)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I really love that when you (P5 minor spoiiler) visit America all the loading screen portraits are fatter or otherwise Americanized

goty

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Also a different loading screen for when you are in a relationship scene. My favorite part was when you get texts from all of your 5 girlfriends ;)

Plot wise, welp reached the point where the story is all spoiler heavy. Time to be quiet about spoilers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

say tan
Sep 25, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjAtG6GW76E

here are some ppl cheering for me playing a video game. i do not speak just listenin to my anime music ty